Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
NATIONAL VANILLA MILKSHAKE DAY – On this day, National Vanilla Milkshake Day celebrates the cold beverage made with vanilla ice cream, vanilla, and milk. This frosty drink didn’t begin with those three ingredients, though. In 1885, the term “milkshake” showed up in print for the first time. The concoction of cream, eggs, and whiskey was often served with other alcoholic tonics such as lemonades and soda waters.
NATIONAL ICE CREAM SODA DAY – On this day, enjoy a cool, frothy ice-cream soda to celebrate National Ice Cream Soda Day! There are many claims to the invention of this delicious treat. One such claim was made by a Mr. Robert McCay Green. Once he began substituting ice cream, he had a hit on his hands.
NATIONAL SEASHELL DAY – On this day, the first day of summer, National Seashell Day reminds us to put our toes in the sand and admire the beauty of seashells. Shellers get ready to celebrate and start shelling! To those not in the know, shellers are beachcombers who collect seashells by scouring the beaches for the gems left behind by snails and mollusks.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- Country’s 1st mobile I-Lab (Infectious Disease Diagnostic Lab) for last-mile coronavirus (COVID-19) testing access launched by Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
- Manipur Rajya Sabha election winner: Leishemba Sanajaoba of BJP.
- AP Rajya Sabha election winners: Pilli Subhash Chandra Bose, M. Venkata Ramana, Parimal Nathwani, and Ayodhya Rami Reddy of YSR Congress.
- MP Rajya Sabha election winners: Jyotiraditya Scindia and Sumer Singh Solanki of BJP and Digvijaya Singh of Congress.
- Rajasthan Rajya Sabha election winners: K. C. Venugopal and Neeraj Dangi of Congress and Rajendra Gehlot of BJP
- India will be the President of the United Nations Security Council President for August 2021.
- Global Status Report on Preventing Violence Against Children 2020 launched by the UN.
- Facebook acquires Swedish startup Mapillary in a move aimed at taking on Google Maps
Current Affairs: INDIA
On 20 June: PM Narendra Modi to launch Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan on June 20, 2020, from Beldaur of Khagaria District of Bihar.
|Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan||(i)Under Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan, a campaign of 125 days will work in mission mode.|
(ii)It will also create infrastructure in the rural regions of the country on the other hand, with a resource envelope of Rs.50,000 crore.
|Bihar||It is a state in East India, bordering Nepal|
|Chief minister||Nitish Kumar|
Current Affairs: Technology
IIT-Guwahati develops affordable diagnostic kits for COVID-19 pandemic
- The VTM kits are used to collect nasal and oral swab specimens from an individual source to a laboratory safely for culture and testing.
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati in association with RR Animal Healthcare Ltd and Guwahati Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) developed low-cost diagnostic kits.
|VTM kits:||The kit consists of a comprehensive solution specially formulated for the collection and transport of SARS-CoV-2.|
COVID-19: CSIR-CDRIs candidate drug Umifenovir secures DCGI approval for Phase III Clinical Trial.
- CSIR-Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI) Lucknow received permission to carry out Phase III randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled trial of efficacy, safety, and tolerability of antiviral drugs Umifenovir.
- The Phase III Clinical Trials will be carried out at King George’s Medical University (KGMU), Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Institute of Medical Sciences (RMLIMS), and ERA’s Lucknow Medical College & Hospital, Lucknow.
|Umifenovir Clinical Trial||(i)Umifenovir drug has a good safety profile. (ii)Umifenovir is used to treat influenza. The drug is available in China and Russia.|
Dr. Harsh Vardhan launched DBTAMTZ Mobile Diagnostic Unit for COVID Testing I-Lab
- Union Minister for Science & Technology Dr. Harsh Vardhan inaugurated & flagged off India’s first Infectious disease diagnostic lab (I-Lab) for COVID-19 testing in rural and inaccessible areas of India.
|I-Lab||(i)The infectious disease diagnostic laboratory is a mobile testing facility that was dedicated to providing COVID-19 testing access to rural India.|
(ii) India’s first I-lab has been built at AMTZ in the record time of 8 days from the date of receipt of Automotive Chassis, from Bharat Benz.
(iii) This mobile testing facility will be deployed through the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) testing hubs to remote regions of the country for COVID-19 testing.
Current Affairs: International
WHO warns about a New and Dangerous phase of COVID-19
- Following reports of relaxation in lockdown by various major economies around the world, on 19th June 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) has warned that this could lead to a new and dangerous phase of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- As people and governments across the world are tired of lockdowns, the WHO reminded that the Covid-19 virus spread has accelerated.
Current Affairs: Business
First Installment of Highest Ever Rs 60,750 Crore Grant to RLBs Released
- For the Financial Year (FY) 2020-21, the Fifteenth Finance Commission had earlier submitted its report for the Rural Local Bodies (RLB), the recommendations in the report were accepted by the Government. Based on it, the highest ever grants in a single year was allocated to the RLBs for the FY 2020-21 of Rs 60,750 Crore.
- The first installment of which, Rs 15187.50 crore was released to 2.63 lakh RLBs across 28 states in the country on 17th June 2020.
- The Union Minister of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Narendra Singh Tomar further added that the second installment of Rs 15187.50 crore is also expected to be released soon by the Finance Ministry.