Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
FATHER’S DAY – On this day, 3rd Sunday in June, Father’s Day honors the role fathers play in the family structure and society. Many families dedicate the day to their fathers & grandfathers.
INTERNATIONAL DAY OF YOGA 2020 – International Day of Yoga 2020 is celebrated on 21 June every year to create awareness globally about the benefits of practicing yoga. The aim is to improve health and create awareness about the importance of maintaining health to the people.
NATIONAL SELFIE DAY – On this day, Thanks to social media and the smartphone, 21st June recognizes a form of self-portrait that couldn’t exist without them; It’s National Selfie Day! While the act of taking a selfie may predate social media, smartphones, and the word itself (which is now in the Oxford Dictionary), the popularity of taking these self-portraits keeps increasing.
GO SKATEBOARDING DAY – On this day, Inspired skaters carve a space on their calendar on June 21st each year for Go Skateboarding Day! A combination of athleticism, dance, and art, skateboarding has grown up in an urban world.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- PM launches Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan to provide employment to migrant workers.
- India will respond firmly to any attempt to transgress LAC: PM Modi.
- COVID-19 recovery rate improves to 54.13 percent
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh to attend Victory Parade in Russia.
- Highest single-day spike of 304 COVID-19 cases in Odisha; two more dies.
- Yoga brings people together; and goes beyond race, color, gender, faith, and nations: PM Modi.
- Defence Minister holds high-level meetings with CDS, 3 service chiefs on the situation in Ladakh.
- India refutes China’s untenable claim with regard to the Line of Actual Control
- Trump is about to deal a big blow to your American dream.
- Saudi Arabia to launch a $4 billion tourism development fund.
- Chinese researchers launch a phase-2 human test for possible vaccine
Current Affairs: INDIA
RBI extends restrictions on PMC Bank, eases Withdrawal Limit
- The Reserve Bank of India on June 19, 2020, has extended the regulatory restrictions imposed on the multi-state urban Cooperative Bank, Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative Bank Limited (PMC Bank) by another 6 months.
- As per the earlier notice dated March 21st, 2020, the regulatory restrictions were up to 22nd June 2020, which now has been extended up to 22nd December 2020.
- However, the customers were provided relief in terms of withdrawal limit set by the RBI earlier in November last year as now the limit was enhanced from the earlier Rs 50,000 to Rs 1,00,000 per depositor.
- The RBI went on to inform that with the relaxation in withdrawal limits, more than 84 percent of the customers of the bank will now be able to withdraw the entire available balance from their accounts.
|Punjab & Maharashtra Co-operative Bank (PMC Bank) Founded||1984|
|Areas served||Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka, Delhi, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh|
AIM partners with CIL to boost its Innovation and Entrepreneurship initiatives
- Coal India Limited (CIL) has agreed to partner with Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog to support proactively the flagship mission’s innovation and entrepreneurship initiatives across the country.
- A strategic Statement of Intent (SoI) partnership between AIM and Coal India Limited was signed and exchanged in a virtual e-summit for the 19 June.
|Coal India CEO||Anil Kumar Jha (18 May 2018–)|
|Owner||Government of India (70.96%)|
Current Affairs: International
India to lead Summit 2020 on 21st, 22nd July
- The 45th annual meeting of the United States India Business Council (USIBC) will be marked with the 2020 India Ideas Summit. India will virtually host the event on 21st and 22nd July.
- The summit will showcase the importance of the positive outcome of the India-US economic partnership and the overall bilateral relationship between the two nations.
- USIBC summit is an outcome of the joint efforts of the United States Chambers of Commerce and USIBC.
|US-India Business Council Headquarters location||Washington, D.C., United States|
|Key person||Nisha Desai Biswal (Chairman)|
|Type of business||Non-profit organization|
USD 1.05 Billion Approved by World Bank for 3 Projects in Bangladesh
- The World Bank has announced on 19th June 2020 that it had approved a USD 1.05 billion for helping the economy of Bangladesh to bounce back by Creating more and better jobs.
- Bangladesh to date has received financial aid of more than USD 13 billion of loans from the International Development Association (IDA, a part of the World Bank Group). With this grant, the total loan provided by the World Bank Group to Bangladesh since its independence in 1971 has crossed USD 31 billion.
- The financial aid for the 3 projects is provided by the IDA on behalf of the World Bank Group.
|World Bank Headquarters||Washington, D.C., United States|
|Parent organization||World Bank Group|
|Founders||John Maynard Keynes, Harry Dexter White|
Current Affairs: Business
Shipowners worldwide invited to flag their ships in India to take advantage of Make in India policy
- The Shipping Ministry has invited ship owners worldwide to flag their ships in India to take advantage of the Make in India policy.
- Govt has recently revised its Make in India Policy for public procurement, among others, of all services. Under the revised policy, no global tender inquiry shall be issued, except with the approval of the Competent Authority, for procurement of all services with an estimated value of purchases less than 200 crore rupees.
|Ministry of Shipping Departments||Directorate General of Shipping|
|Minister responsible||Mansukh L. Mandaviya, Minister of State (Independent Charge)|
Current Affairs: Agriculture
Kharif Crops Sowing Area Increases Significantly as Compared to Last Year
- Kharif Crops are grown in hot and humid rain fed areas. During the first 18 days of the month of June, the country has received a surplus rainfall of about 26mm. As compared to last year, rainfall was 82.4 mm in between 1st to 18th June, while this year, the country has registered 108.3mm of rainfall during the period.
|Kharif Crops||Kharif crops are cultivated and harvested in India generally between June to November depending on the monsoon rains of that particular region. These crops are sown after the first rain of the southwest monsoon season in June or sometimes even during the last week of May in Southern parts of the country. Kharif Crops are directly dependent on the quantity and timing of rainfall.|
Current Affairs: SPORTS
Nagaland Sports Academy, Kohima selected to be established as Khelo India State Centre of Excellence
- Nagaland State Sports Academy at Indira Gandhi Stadium, Kohima has been selected to be established as Khelo India State Centre of Excellence, KISCE.
- In a press release, Adviser for Youth Resources and Sports, Zale Neikha said that it is a historic and defining moment for the people of Nagaland.
- He expressed gratitude to the Prime Minister, Union Sports Minister and State Chief Minister for recognizing the effort and giving the opportunity to the state to upgrade its sporting facilities into a National-level Centre of Excellence.
Sports Ministry to establish 1000 district-level KIC to engage past champions in training
- Govt has decided to establish 1000 Khelo India Centers (KIC) at the district level across the country.
- The move is to tap into the expertise of past sporting champions for grassroots-level training of athletes and also to ensure a sustained source of income for them in the sports ecosystem.
- The decision, while strengthening grass-root level sports, will also ensure that past champions can contribute to making India a sporting superpower while earning a livelihood from sports.