Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL MATCHMAKER DAY – On this Day honors romantics whose dauntless pursuit of perfect purchase for the cupid’s arrow results in lasting love stories. Playing matchmaker requires a bit of social savvy. They know each friends’ habits (good & bad), passions, and hobbies.
NATIONAL TRAIL MIX DAY – On this Day honors the mix developed as a healthy snack for long hikes. Filled with nuts, dried fruits, & grains, trail mix packs a boost of carbohydrates when the body needs it most.
- Justice Arun Mishra turns down farewell invite citing Covid-19 pandemic
- IIT students, alumni launch portal to help JEE, NEET candidates in need of transport facility.
- Facebook has failed in tackling illegal content, says K N Govindacharya to High Court
- COVID-19: Delhi’s weekly markets can open for 7 more days on trial basis
- Increased testing, opening economy, complacency among people behind Covid-19 case surge: Experts
- JK police DySP was tasked by Pakistan to establish ‘contact’ in MEA: NIA chargesheet.
- Bihar Congress MLA Ramdeo Rai dies at 81
- Top French military officer arrested; reported Russia ties
- Global virus cases cross 25 million as India sets grim record
- Decoding the legacy of Shinzo Abe, Japan’s departing prime minister
- Indian origin WWII spy Noor Inayat Khan gets honoured with blue plaque in London
- India co-sponsors UN resolution tabled by Indonesia on women’s role in peace keeping missions
- US actor Chadwick Boseman dies at 43; well-known for his role in movie Black Panther (2018)
- Fiscal deficit to touch 7% in FY21, says Brickwork Ratings, as revenue collection hit by lockdown
- User charges to be levied at redeveloped stations will be minimal, says Rail Board Chief
- Hotel, restaurant bodies think new MHA guidelines will provide much needed fillip
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
For COVID-19 patients deliver food, medicines: Indian Railways develops remote-controlled medical trolley ‘MEDBOT’
- During Corona crisis, apart from providing transport facilities & essential items like food grains to people, Indian Railways has also provided facilities for COVID-19 patients.
- It has developed a remote-controlled medical trolley named ‘MEDBOT’ to help deliver food and medicines to COVID-19 patients. It is providing service in the Central Hospital of the Diesel Rail Engine Factory of Indian Railways.
|Indian Railways||Railway company|
|Founded||16 April 1853, India|
|Number of employees||13,08,000 (2016-2017)|
Keralites across Country Festival of Onam being celebrated
- On Aug 30, Amid Covid 19 pandemic, Keralites across the globe is celebrating Thiruvonam today, the biggest cultural festival of the State. Thiruonam is the most auspicious day of Onam festival. This annual harvest festival of the State celebrates the visit of mythical and righteous King Mahabali.
- Onam is being celebrated by all Keralaites irrespective of religion symbolising secularism and harmony.
|Kerala||State if India|
|Chief minister||Pinarayi Vijayan|
|Governor||Arif Mohammad Khan|
New Delhi Railway Station Redevelop by Rail Land Development Authority at Rs 6,500 Crs
- The New Delhi Railway Station is the 2nd busiest & largest in India. Handles more than 4.5L passengers per day. The station is to be redeveloped by the Rail Land Development Authority at Rs 6,500 Crs.
Brigade Commander-level Flag Meeting between Indian Army & China’s PLA underway at Chushul
- A Brigade Commander-level Flag Meeting between Indian Army and People’s Liberation Army of China is in progress at Chushul to discuss PLA troops provocative military movements.
- Indian Army today said that PLA troops violated the previous consensus arrived at during military and diplomatic engagements during the ongoing standoff in Eastern Ladakh.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
US-Israeli delegation led by White House senior advisor Jared Kushner to visit UAE today
- A US-Israeli delegation led by White House senior advisor Jared Kushner will visit the UAE today.
- Delegation includes a No of representatives of various sectors in Israel on board the first Israeli commercial plane to land in the UAE.
- US National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien and Meir Ben-Shabbat, National Security Adviser and head of the Israeli National Security Council are also part of it.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
India emerges as key player in global organic marketing
- In our series on Atmanirbhar Bharat today, we bring you a special story on Organic farming. India has emerged as a key player in global organic marketing. Agriculture Ministry has said that India ranks first in number of organic farmers and ninth in terms of area under organic farming.
- Sikkim became 1st state to become fully organic & other states including Tripura, Uttarakhand set similar targets.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
5G smartphones to capture 50% of global market by 2023: IDC
- Riding on a strong 5G push, global smartphone market will return to the full recovery by 2022 & 5G mobiles are expected to capture 50% of the global market by 2023, according to a new IDC report.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
India, Russia declared joint winners of 2020 Online FIDE Chess Olympiad
- India and Russia were declared joint winners of the 2020 Online FIDE Chess Olympiad after the final was marred by internet disconnection last night.
- Russia initially declared winners after 2 Indian players, Nihal Sarin & Divya Deshmukh, lost out on time in the final after suffering a disconnection with the server. India had appealed against the controversial decision.
|Russia President||Vladimir Putin|
|Prime minister||Mikhail Mishustin|