Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
NATIONAL CHOCOLATE ECLAIR DAY – On this day, National Chocolate Eclair Day, on June 22nd annually, recognizes a delicious cream-filled pastry covered in smooth chocolate. Pastry. Check. Cream filling. Check. Chocolate. Check. What more could you want in a food holiday? Maybe a cup of coffee to go with it, but other than that, do you really need anything else? Well, we know the French make many delicacies from the dough.
NATIONAL ONION RINGS DAY – On this day, National Onion Rings Day recognizes a batter-dipped, deep-fried bite of deliciousness that runs rings around other appetizers. Also found in Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and some parts of Asia, onion rings exact origin are unknown.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- PM Narendra Modi says, the practice of yoga boosts the immune system against the COVID-19 virus.
- Defence Minister holds meetings with Chief of Defence Staff and three service Chiefs on the situation in Ladakh.
- 4 terrorists killed by security forces in 2 separate encounters in Kashmir valley.
- COVID-19 recovery rate improves to around 56%; More than 2,37,000 people cured
- Annular solar eclipse with majestic Ring of Fire witnessed in several parts of India.
- HM Amit Shah calls for strict monitoring, quarantine of contacts of all COVID-19 positive cases in Delhi.
- BJP President J P Nadda asks Congress not to play politics over Ladakh standoff with China.
- Centre sanctions Rs 190 cr for augmentation of healthcare facilities in the North Eastern States
- Bangladesh declares ‘general holidays’ in red zones of 10 districts.
- Defence Minister leaves for Moscow; focus on deepening of Indo-Russia defence, strategic partnership
Current Affairs: INDIA
42 Crore Citizens received Financial Aid of Rs 65,454 Crore under PMGKP
- As per the data provided by the Union Finance Ministry on 20th June 2020, through Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package (PMGKP), a total of 42 crore citizens across the country have received financial aid of Rs 65,454 crore to date. The amount was distributed in the 3 forms,
(i) Through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to beneficiaries such as women Jhan Dhan account holders, senior citizens/differently-abled/widows registered under Below Poverty Line (BPL), farmers (PM-KISAN), etc
(ii) Providing free foodgrains to all families registered as BPL cardholders, and
(iii) By providing a free LPG cylinder to women registered under Ujjwala Yojana.
|Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package (PMGKP)||This package was announced by Finance Minister on 26th March 2020. The package was announced for providing economic support at the time of nationwide lockdown due to the Covid-19 pandemic for the financially weaker section of the society. A total of Rs 1.70 lakh crore was announced under the package|
Pakistan violates ceasefire yet again; opens fire and lobs mortars at forwarding posts and villages along LoC
- In yet another ceasefire violation, Pakistani troops today opened fire and lobbed mortars at forwarding posts and villages along with the Line of Control and International Border in Poonch and Kathua districts of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Defense sources said that at about 6:15 am, Pakistan initiated the unprovoked ceasefire violation by firing with small arms and shelled mortars along LoC in Balakote sector of Poonch district. The Pakistani Rangers also fired on forward posts and villages in the Karol Matrai area along the IB in the Hiranagar sector of Kathua district.
|A country in South Asia|
|Prime minister||Imran Khan|
Procurement of MFP by govt touches all-time high, giving a boost to the tribal economy
- The ongoing procurement of Minor Forest Produces under the Minimum Support Price for MFP Scheme in 16 states has hit a record-breaking high with the procurement touching 79.42 Cr rupees.
- With this, the total procurement for the year, both government and private trade have crossed more than 2000 Cr rupees.
- This has proved to be a much-needed panacea during the times of the Covid-19 pandemic which has disrupted lives and livelihoods of Tribals.
Current Affairs: TECHNOLOGY
India’s First Oral Vaccine for Moderate COVID-19 Cases gets Approval
- For the treatment of mild to moderate COVID-19 positive patients across the country, on 19th June 2020, for manufacturing and marketing of oral antiviral drug ‘Favipiravir (Fabiflu)’ was approved by the National Regulatory Authority for Indian pharmaceuticals -Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO) to Mumbai based Glenmark Pharmaceuticals.
- The approval for the drug was given in India based on the global evidence of the ongoing clinical trial on 150 subjects. The drug must be strictly sold by the pharmacists to customers having a valid prescription.
|Favipiravir||It is an antiviral drug that was approved first in the year 2014 in Japan. Tokyo based Toyama Chemicals was the first to develop & manufacture the drug. The drug has been used to treat a number of viral infections over the years, especially for influenza. In 2019 it became a generic drug.|
|Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation(CDSCO) Headquarters location||New Delhi|
|Organisation executive||Dr. V. G. Somani, Drugs Controller General of India|
|Minister responsible||Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Health & Family Welfare|
|Parent department||Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt of India|
Current Affairs: BUSINESS
Sensex, Nifty surge in early trade
- Equity benchmark Sensex jumped over 400 points in early trade today led by gains in index-heavyweights amid positive global cues and foreign fund inflow. After touching a high of 35,170 in early trade, the 30-share index was trading 422 points or 1.21 per cent, higher at 35,153.
- Similarly, NSE Nifty surged 123 points, or 1.20 per cent, to 10,367. In the previous session, the BSE barometer settled 524 points, or 1.53 per cent, higher at 34,732, and the broader Nifty surged 153 points, or 1.51 per cent, to 10,244. On the global front, bourses in Shanghai, Seoul and Tokyo were trading with gains in early deals, while those in Hong Kong were in the red.
India becomes 12th largest holder of US govt securities at April end
- India has become the 12th largest holder of US govt securities at the end of April, withholding worth 157.4 billion dollars.
- The data from the US Treasury Department showed that after significantly reducing the exposure in March to 156.5 billion dollars, India marginally hiked the holding by 0.9 billion dollars to 157.4 billion dollars the next month.