Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- Over two lakh corona tests performed in a single day; the COVID-19 recovery rate improves to 56.70 percent in the country.
- ITBP takes over COVID Care Centre at Delhi’s Radha Soami Satsang Beas as Nodal Agency.
- Rejected and ejected dynasty not equal to entire opposition: BJP Prez Nadda.
- Govt announces historic reforms in space, banking, livestock, dairy sector.
- Implementation of recycling of dredged material should reduce dredging cost: MoS Mansukh Mandaviya.
- Tourism Ministry conducts webinars on ‘Vedic Food and Spices of India’.
- India asks Pakistan to reduce High Commission staff by 50% within a week
- Immunization dropped 49 percent in April due to the COVID-19 pandemic in Bangladesh: UNICEF.
- Sri Lanka: 40 test COVID positive, all arrivals from abroad; active cases 432.
- China terms reports of 40 PLA troops killed in Galwan clash as ‘fake news’.
- WHO suggests the usage of dexamethasone steroids for critical Covid-19 cases.
- Foreign Ministers of Russia, India, China participate in RIC trilateral.
- US suspends issuing of H-1B visas & other foreign work visas for the rest of 2020
Current Affairs: INDIA
Make in India initiative in locust control trials of prototype vehicle mounted ULV sprayer successfully conducted
- Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers’ Welfare (DAC&FW), under Make in India initiative indigenously develop a vehicle-mounted ULV sprayer for locust control to overcome the limitation of importing equipment.
- Mechanization and Technology Division of DAC&FW developed a prototype of the sprayer, through an Indian manufacturer.
- As the ground control vehicles with sprayers used for locust control can only spray up to a height of 25-30 feet the tractor-mounted sprayers were used. It reached to the inaccessible areas and tall trees.
New Delhi: Union HRD Minister launched YUKTI 2.0 platform for Higher Education Institutes
- Union Minister of Human Resource Development Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched an initiative ‘YUKTI 2.0’ on 23 June 2020 in New Delhi.
- The initiative aims to help systematically assimilate technologies having commercial potential and information related to incubated startups in higher education institutions.
Current Affairs: INTERNATIONAL
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic won the controversial Parliamentary election
- Serbia’s President Aleksandar Vucic won the controversial parliamentary election. The Serbian Progressive Party (SNS) won over 60% of the vote, which is around 190 seats in the 250-seat Serbian parliament.
- The general election was originally scheduled for 26 April 2020 but was postponed after a state of the emergency was declared to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.
|Siberian Parliament||Siberia Parliament is also known as the National Assembly of Siberia. It has a unicameral legislature. The PM of Siberia is elected and appointed by the 250 elected members of the National Assembly.|
China to join the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty to regulate its arms sales
- China announced that it has decided to join the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty (UN-ATT) to regulate its arms sales.
- The decision was made during a three-day meeting which was held from 18-20 June of the top lawmaking committee in China- Legislative Affairs Committee.
|Arms Trade Treaty(ATT)||Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) promotes, regulates, and monitors the international sales and transfer of conventional arms as per the global standards. ATT regulates from small arms to battle tanks, combat aircraft and warships.|
|Arms Trade Treaty Location||New York City, USA|
|Effective||December 24, 2014|
China launched last BeiDou Satellite System
- China launched the satellite of the BeiDou Navigation Satellite System 3 (BDS-3) from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center in southwest China’s Sichuan Province on June 23, 2020.BDS-3 Satellite:
- BDS-3 Satellite was carried by a Long March-3B carrier rocket.
- It is the 30th BDS-3 satellite and also the 55th of the whole BeiDou satellite family.
- BDS-3 will offer its users services including high-precision positioning and short message communication. It will bring new highlights to global navigation satellite systems.
Current Affairs: BUSINESS
Financial Assistance of Rs 4957 Crore provided to 17.5 Million Building and Other Construction Workers
- In order to help the Building & Construction workers to overcome the financial impacts of COVID-19 lockdown, on 24th March 2020, the CM of all States and Union Territories were advised by the Union Minister of Labour and Employment to create a framework with bank account details of building & construction workers of their respective state so that they can be provided with financial support through direct benefit transfer (DBT)mode.
|Direct Benefit Transfer(DBT) Launch year||2013|
|Ministry||Ministry of Finance|