Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
Download Free Weekly Current Affairs(May 31 to June 14). pdf
Download Free Weekly Current Affairs(June 15 to June 21). pdf
NATIONAL HANDSHAKE DAY – On this day, last Thursday of June each year, people across the nation observe National Handshake Day. The origin of the handshake is hard to pinpoint. As it is a non-verbal mode of communication, it may have existed before written records.
NATIONAL CATFISH DAY – On this day, In the US, National Catfish Day on June 25th each year celebrates the value of farm-raised catfish.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- Delhi govt says COVID care centers will be set up in banquet halls all over the city.
- IIT-Bombay decides to hold online classes, from next semester in the wake of COVID-19.
- PM Modi to share his thoughts with people in ‘Mann Ki Baat’ on All India Radio on 28th June.
- Govt rejects the claim that doctors removed from AYUSH Ministry in a matter related to COVID-19 medicines.
- National TB Elimination Program 2019: Nagaland, Tripura awarded for best performing small states.
- The US says Pakistan remains safe haven for terror groups.
- Terror financing watchdog FATF decides to continue Pakistan in Grey List.
- IMF sharply lowers forecast for global growth this year.
- Trump administration says Huawei, Hikvision backed by the Chinese military.
- WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange faces new indictment in the US
Current Affairs: INDIA
India calls for 50% Staff Reduction after Pakistan violates the Vienna Convention
- Within the next 7 days, the External Affairs Ministry of India has decided to reduce the staff strength of the Indian High Commission in Islamabad by 50% and has also directed the Pakistan Government to implement the same by reducing 50% of its staff from its Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi.
Reliance JioTV & Haryana Govt Signs Agreement to benefit 5.2 Million School Children
- On 23rd June 2020, the Education Minister of Haryana has announced that the Haryana State Government has signed an agreement under the Chief Minister Distance Learning Programme with Reliance Industries Limited’s subsidiary company Jio.
|Chief minister||Manohar Lal Khattar|
|Governor||Satyadev Narayan Arya|
Devika and Puneja Bridges Inaugurated in Jammu & Kashmir
- Through the virtual platform, Jitendra Singh (Union Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region I/C) had inaugurated Border Roads Organisation (BRO) constructed bridges- Devika and Puneja on 24th June 2020.
|Devika Bridge||The bridge is located at Udhampur of Jammu & Kashmir. Built at a cost of Rs 75 lakhs, the bridge fulfilled 70-year-old demand of the locals of the nearby region. Headquarters of the Indian Armies Northern Command is situated at Udhampur. Apart from solving traffic issues, the bridge will provide a smooth passage for the vehicles and convoys of the Indian army. The bridge is 10 meters long.|
|Puneja Bridge||The bridge is located in Bhaderwah town in Doda district of Jammu & Kashmir. The cost of constructing the bridge was Rs 4 crore.|
Decisions are taken by the Union Cabinet on 24th June to Boost Infrastructure Projects
- In order to boost Infrastructure projects across all the sectors at a time of a global pandemic, several decisions were taken by the Union Cabinet under the chairmanship of Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi on 24th June 2020.
|Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund (AHIDF)||The aim of setting up AHIDF is to unlock private sector investments in the animal husbandry sector. Through the fund, Infrastructural developments will be promoted in dairy, animal feed, & meat processing plants. As per Government estimate, the fund will help in creating up to 35 lakh jobs across the country.|
Current Affairs: INTERNATIONAL
Foundation Stone Laid for the First Hindu Temple in Pakistan’s Capital
- On 23rd June 2020, the foundation stone for the first Hindu Temple in Pakistan’s capital city Islamabad was laid. The temple is the first to be constructed in Islamabad since the Independence of Pakistan.
- The temple will be devoted to Lord Krishna. The name of the temple will be Shri Krishna Mandir. The name of the temple was decided by the Islamabad Hindu Panchayat.
- The construction of the temple would cost Rs 10 crore (in Pakistani Rupee).
|Pakistan Currency||Pakistani rupee|
|Prime minister||Imran Khan|
Current Affairs: BUSINESS
Jammu & Kashmir Bank launches products to provide financial support to business communities
- J&K: In order to provide financial support to different business communities to overcome business challenges due to the prevailing conditions, J&K Bank has launched two products titled ‘J&K Bank Business Support Loan Scheme 2019-20’ & ‘J&K Bank Business Support Loan Scheme 2019-20 for Hotels and Guest Houses’.
- Launching the schemes, the Lt Governor G C Murmu said the bank’s schemes are a timely financial intervention for businesses of the region especially hotels and guest-houses which are crucial for the sustenance and development of tourism sector & calling for collaborated efforts by all stakeholders in this direction.
Current Affairs: Technology
Google tweaks privacy settings to keep less user data
- The change comes after Google added new controls last year that allows users to effectively put an expiry date on their data, by providing the option to auto-delete location history, search, voice, and YouTube activity data after three or 18 months.