Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
NATIONAL COCONUT DAY – On this day, Summer starts in earnest on June 26th when National Coconut Day arrives! Coconut offers sweet support for our bodies in several ways.
INTERNATIONAL DAY AGAINST DRUG ABUSE AND ILLICIT TRAFFICKING – In order to make societies across the world free of drug abuse, on 7th December 1987, by adopting resolution 42/112, the United Nations General Assembly declared 26th June to be observed as the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.
- RailTel to provide video surveillance at 6,049 railway stations across the country.
- PM Modi launches ‘Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Yojana’ for migrant workers.
- Central team on a visit to Gujarat, Maharashtra, Telangana to review COVID-19 situation.
- COVID-19 recovery rate improves to over 58 pct in country; 2,85,637 people cured so far.
- Supreme Court permits Centre and CBSE to cancel remaining Board examinations.
- Death toll in lightning strikes and rain-related incidents across Bihar, UP mounts to 137
- India becomes a founding member of the Alliance for Poverty Eradication at the UN.
- Pakistan to remain on the ‘grey list’ of terror financing watchdog FATF (Financial Action Task Force).
- IMF lowers its global growth forecast for 2020 to –4.5% from –3% made in April.
- Japan’s Olympus to exit the camera business, focus on medical equipment.
- Sri Lanka: Presidential committee expresses reservations over MCC agreement
- Clare Connor becomes first female president of the 233-year old London-based Marylebone Cricket Club
Current Affairs: INDIA
World’s First Yoga University outside India, Vivekananda Yoga University launched in Los Angeles
- The world’s first Yoga University outside India was launched on 23rd June 2020 at United State’s Los Angeles city.
- The Yoga University has been named after Swami Vivekananda. The university will be known by the name- Vivekananda Yoga University. The University was launched as a part of the commemorations for the 6th International Yoga Day.
|Los Angeles||City in California|
Ministry of HRD released roadmap for 2020-21 NCERT
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has released the roadmap for NCERT for the year 2020-21.
- The move comes as it has been decided to set up a Foundational Literacy and Numeracy Mission under AtmaNirbhar Bharat. The move also focuses on Samagra Shiksha towards a Learning Outcome centric approach.
|New National Curriculum Framework (NCF)||The Ministry has also initiated a new NCF for School Education. NCERT will be expected to make changes in the textbooks in accordance with the new NCF.|
Current Affairs: INTERNATIONAL
Mali awarded a Project Management Consultancy contract to NTPC to develop 500 MW, Solar Park
- The Republic of Mali has awarded the Project Management Consultancy contract to NTPC Limited, a central PSU that functions under the Ministry of Power, in an event held on 24 June 2020.
- The contract aims to develop 500 MW, Solar Park. The event was chaired by the Union Minister of State for Power R.K.Singh, NRE, Skill Development and President of International Solar Alliance (ISA), and Mr.H.E. Sekou Kasse, the Ambassador of Mali.
|Republic of Mali President||Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta|
|Prime Minister||Boubou Cisse|
Current Affairs: TECHNOLOGY
Dr Harsh Vardhan launched eBlood Services Mobile App
- Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare Dr Harsh Vardhan launched the ‘eBloodServices’ mobile App on 25 June 2020 through video conferencing. The app was developed by the Indian Red Cross Society (ICRS).
- The Union Health Minister is the Chairman of the Indian Red Cross Society.
|eBloodServices Mobile App|
Researchers find new biomolecules to fight drug resistance in Kala-azar
- Researchers at the Department of Biotechnology’s National Centre for Cell Science (DBT-NCCS) in Pune discovered new biomolecules to fight drug resistance in Kala-azar exploring ways to tackle miltefosine resistance.
- The researchers worked with one of the species of Leishmania that causes infection, called Leishmania major.
- The researchers manipulated the transporter proteins in the species in a manner that would result in increased uptake of the drug and decrease in its being thrown out of the parasite’s body.
Russia’s Energia plans to take First Tourist on Space Walk in 2023
- Russian Company- S.P. Korolev Rocket and Space Corporation Energia (also known as RSC Energia) has announced that it will take the first tourist a for a spacewalk in 2023.
- The announcement came after RSC Energia has signed a deal with Space Adventures (space tourism company in the United States). RSC Energia is a part of the Roscosmos (Russia’s space agency).
|Russia President||Vladimir Putin|
|Prime minister||Mikhail Mishustin|
Current Affairs: SPORTS
Liverpool wins 2019-20 English Premier League title
- Following Manchester City’s 2-1 defeat to Chelsea on June 25, 2020, Liverpool clinched the 2019-20 English Premier League season with 7 games still left in the season. This is the first time that Liverpool has won the English Premier League title.
- As of 26th June 2020, Liverpool by winning 28 of their 31 games in the season has accumulated 86 points. Manchester City with 63 points in 31 games is at the second place of the standing table.
- With 7 games remaining in the season, 3 points are being awarded for winning a game, if Liverpool loses their remaining 7 games as well then also Manchester City can finish the 2019-20 season with a maximum of 84 points.