Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
NATIONAL INSURANCE AWARENESS DAY – On this day, National Insurance Awareness Day encourages us to review our insurance policies. Insurance offers security, covering loved ones, and recovering losses in the event of damage, illness, or death. It offers protection but over time the value of our homes and the items in them may appreciate or change.
NATIONAL ALASKA DAY – On this day, It recognizes the largest state to join the union and the Nation’s Last Frontier. Not only is Alaska the largest state, but it is also home to the highest mountain peaks in the country, including Mt. Denali.
- PM Modi says those who cast an evil eye on Indian soil in Ladakh have got a befitting response.
- PM calls for people’s participation towards self-reliant India.
- Focus during Unlock period is on defeating corona, strengthening economy says PM.
- Covid-19 recovery rate improves to 58.56%; Over 3,09,700 people cured so far.
- More than 1,47,000 Indians brought back from various countries under Vande Bharat Mission.
- Protect lives, livelihoods in fight against COVID-19 pandemic: Vice President
- Jal Shakti Minister writes letter to Arunachal Pradesh CM for implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission in State
- Assam: Complete lock down to be enforced at Kamrup Metro district for 14 days
- Telangana: Year-long Centenary celebrations of former PM P. V. Narasimha Rao begins
Current Affairs: INDIA
3.5 Million Houses Handed Over to Beneficiaries under PMAY-U, Highlights from 5 Years of PMAY-U, SCM, and AMRUT
- On 25th June 2020, a webinar was conducted by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs to mark the 5 years of successful completion of the 3 Schemes.
- Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)
- Smart Cities Mission (SCM)
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Urban (PMAY-U)
|Ministry of Housing & Urban Departments||National Institute of Urban Affairs|
|Ministry executive||Durga Shanker Mishra, IAS, Secretary (Housing and Urban Affairs)|
|Officeholders||Hardeep Singh Puri (MOS independent charge), Narendra Singh Tomar (Union Minister)|
Dexamethasone added in Clinical Management Protocols for COVID-19 Patients by Health Ministry
- The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has released an updated Clinical Management Protocol under Dexamethasone was advised as an alternative to Methylprednisolone.
- Further, the Ministry has also stated that the Dexamethasone drug to be only used for COVID-19 positive patients who require oxygen support or those with an excessive inflammatory response.
|Dexamethasone||It is a type of corticosteroid medication that is being used for the treatment of a wide range of conductions such as eye pain after eye surgery, asthma, skin diseases, etc. The steroid has immunosuppressant and anti-inflammatory effects.|
Current Affairs: INTERNATIONAL
Nine-year-long dispute between Sudan, Ethiopia, and Egypt likely to end in Upcoming Weeks
- On 26th June 2020, Ethiopia’s Water Minister has stated that a consensus had been reached between the three countries(Ethiopia, Sudan and Egypt) over the USD 4.5 billion worth Giant Ethiopian Renaissance Dam and the dam will not be filled unilaterally by Ethiopia.
- Three countries have been involved in continuous negotiations over the years to reach an agreement. Over the last couple of months, there were serious clashes and unprecedented escalations reported for the border between Ethiopia and Sudan.
- Now with the tripartite agreement likely to be signed in upcoming weeks, regional stability at the Horn of Africa might improve significantly in upcoming years.
|Ethiopia||Country in Africa|
|Ethiopian birr (ETB)|
Democrat-led House of Representatives approves Statehood Bill for Washington D.C
- On 26th June 2020, the lower house of the United States Congress the House of Representatives has voted 232-180 in favour of the Bill that would grant the United States capital Washington D.C statehood for the first time since it was created 230 years ago.
- However, with the Presidential Elections in November this year, the Bill introduced by Eleanor Holmes Norton (non-voting member of the House of Representative from Washington D.C) seems unlikely to come into force as the chances for the Bill to advance at the Senate (Upper House of the United States Congress) seems unlikely.
- Also, the United States President has made it clear that he would ‘veto’ the Bill even if it is passed at the Senate.
Vote for Constitutional Reforms begins as Putin looks to lead Russia until 2036
- On 25th June 2020, Voting for Constitutional Reforms in Russia had begun amid the outbreak of the global COVID-19 pandemic. The voting was originally scheduled to be conducted on 22nd April 2020 had to be rescheduled to 1st July 2020 following the rising number of COVID-19 cases in Russia.
- In order to maintain social distancing and prevent any sort of overcrowding, the polling stations were opened a week earlier.
TPPA of USD 2.4 Billion Signed by Pakistan with China for Hydro Power Project in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir
- On 25th June 2020, a Tripartite Power Purchase Agreement (TPPA) was signed for the construction of the 1124 MW Kohala Hydro Power Project.
- The agreement was signed in between the Government of Pakistan, Chinese Company– China Three Gorges Corporation (State-owned company of Chinese Government), and Government of Azad Kashmir (Part of Pakistan occupied Kashmir).