Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL NEWSPAPER CARRIER DAY – On this day, recognizes the dedicated newspaper carriers who deliver the news in the wee hours of the morning. Not only have the routines changed, but their methods and the age of the people delivering has changed, too.
NATIONAL COLLEGE COLORS DAY – On this day, encourages everyone to display their team spirit. Across the US’s students, parents, family, fans, & alumni will be wearing their team colors. Be sure you’re celebrating by wearing your college team’s colors and apparel.
- ASI declares site and remains at Sadikpur Sinauli in UP’s Baghpat district to be of national importance; evidence of the existence of a warrior class around 2,000 BCE was discovered in 2018
- Senior lawyer designation: SC agrees to hear plea for implementation of verdict & guidelines
- Kashmiri, Dogri, Hindi added to J&K’s official languages list; now five official languages including Urdu and English
- Five of family charred to death after fire breaks out in house in Salem, Tamil Nadu
- Maharashtra house’s monsoon session from September 7 under coronavirus shadow
- Donald Trump announces Wilmington in North Carolina state as first World War II Heritage City of US
- Typhoon Maysak hits South Korea’s southern and eastern coasts
- Hurricane Nana hits Honduras, moves towards Belize
- CII launches Future Business Group initiative to provide support to new businesses launched during the past few years
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman welcomes US companies investment in India
- 2020 Fortune 40 Under 40 list released: Reliance Industries Ltd’s Isha Ambani & Akash Ambani, Serum Institute of India CEO Adar Poonawalla are among the Indians in the list
- India hopes farming can boost its economy. But, it may not be enough
- Govt open to suggestions from auto industry, changing regulation: Gadkari
- Indian auto industry facing one of the toughest times in history, needs govt support: Kenichi Ayukawa
- Local lockdowns impacting recovery momentum in India: ITC Ltd chairman Sanjiv Puri
- Small Is Beautiful: Karnataka’s new IT policy offers sops for co-working spaces, tech firms away from Bengaluru
- Daimler may export Mercedes-Benz cars from India, says CEO Ola Kallenius
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
India ranks 48th position on 2020 Global Innovation Index(GII)
- India has ranked 48th position in the Global Innovation Index (GII) 2020. India has jumped to four places since 2019. The index was compiled by the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) along with Cornell University and the INSEAD business school, presents the latest global innovation trends and annual innovation ranking of 131 economies.
- Switzerland topped the GII ranking. It is followed by Sweden, the United States of America, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands.
|World Intellectual Property Organisation(WIPO)||Agency|
|Founded||14 July 1967|
|Parent organization||United Nations Economic and Social Council|
Conclave Minister for Tribal Affairs Arjun Munda inaugurates the two day National Tribal Research Conclave
- The two days National Tribal Research Conclave will be held virtually on 3rd and 4th September 2020. The Conclave Minister for Tribal Affairs Shri Arjun Munda will chair the two day National Tribal Research Conclave. The Conclave is organized by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and the Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA).
- The conclave is conducted by IIPA as it is working on Tribal Talent Pool and aims to Strengthen of TRIs in partnership with Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA).
- This is the second workshop of its kind. The first workshop was organized in January 2020.
Jammu & Kashmir govt set up a 10-member council for the conservation of biological diversity
- The J & K govt has set up a 10-member council for conservation of biological diversity and sustainable use of its components in the Union territory, officials said. As per an order issued by the General Administrative Department (GAD), sanction has been accorded to constitute the Jammu and Kashmir Biodiversity Council.
- The Council will be headed by the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests as chairman of the 10-member panel.
Assam Govt: Assembly passes bill to protect Tangible Heritage
- The Assam Assembly passed bill to protect Tangible Heritage that are not currently covered by the state and national law.
- According the Assam Government the passage of the Assam Heritage (Tangible) Protection, Preservation, Conservation and Maintenance Bill, 2020 is a historic step towards implementing Clause 6 of Assam Accord.
|Assam||A state in northeastern India|
|Chief minister||Sarbananda Sonowal|
India attends BIMSTEC meet
- India attended BIMSTEC meet and discussed ways to expand cooperation among its member countries. It further discussed ways to expand cooperation to deal with the current COVID-19 challenges.
- The grouping accounts to 22% of global population. It has a combined Gross Domestic Product of 2.8 trillion USD. India has been pushing to make BIMSTEC a vibrant forum. This is mainly because initiatives under SAARC are not moving forward due to non-cooperation from Pakistan.
|Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation(BIMSTEC) Headquarters location:||Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|Founded||6 June 1997|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Times Higher Education(THE) World University Rankings 2021 released-IISc, Bengaluru, placed in the 301-350 category
- Times Higher Education: World University Rankings 2021 has been released and under the overall category, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, has topped the list. From India, the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru, has been placed in the 301-350 category in overall global rankings.
- The IISc Bengaluru has slightly improved its overall score, from 45.6 to 47.9.
- The seven older IITs did not participate in the THE-World University Rankings 2020.
|Times Higher Education(THE)||Magazine|
|Company||Inflexion Pvt. Equity Partners LLP|
United States Annual Defence report: Chinese Navy the largest in the world
- US recently published an annual report on Chinese Military power. According to the report, the Chinese Navy is now the largest in the world.
- The report says that the overall battle force of China is approximately 350 ships and submarines. This includes 130 major surface combatants. On the hand the US Navy has approximately 293 ships as of early 2020.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
EESL to procure 250 Electric Vehicles from Tata Motors & Hyundai Motor
- The energy Efficiency Services Limited announced that it will procure 250 electric Vehicles from Tata Motors and Hyundai Motor India.
- The Tata Motors is to supply 150 Nexon electric compact SUVs & Hyundai Motor India Limited will supply 100 Kona Electric SUVs for government use. EESL is to procure Tata Nexon at Rs 14.86 lakhs each. This is Rs 13,000 cheaper than its show room price. The Hyundai Kona is to be procured at Rs 21.36 lakhs which is 11% lower.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS
Railway Protection Force (RPF) personnel honoured with Jeewan Raksha Medals
- Three RPF personnel was awarded Jeevan Raksha Medals by President of India Ram Nath Kovind. The honoured Railway Protection Force (RPF) personnel are Late Shri Jagbir Singh, Shri Shivcharan Singh, Shri Mukesh Kumar Meena.
- Sanvottam Jeevan Raksha Padak (posthumous) – Late Shri Jagbir Singh, Constable/Northern Railway.
|Railway Protection Force (RPF)||Govt Office|
|Founded||27 July 1872|
|General nature||Federal law enforcement|
|Governing body||Ministry of Railways (India)|