Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
NATIONAL POSTAL WORKER DAY –On this day, National Postal Worker Day on July 1st recognizes postal workers all across the nation and encourages us to show our appreciation. Thank the numerous men and women who work consistently and diligently to deliver all of our mail.
NATIONAL DOCTOR’S DAY-On this day, Every year, National Doctor’s Day is celebrated on the 1 July in India. The day honours doctors across the country for their selfless and noble service to the society. In India, Doctor’s Day is celebrated to honour the legendary Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy, who served as a physician, a freedom fighter and an educationist.
NATIONAL CREATIVE ICE CREAM FLAVORS DAY – On this day, I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! July 1st marks National Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day, a day to sample or wonder about the odd combinations of ice cream flavors.
- Nation salutes doctors on Doctor’s Day; PM lauds the role of Doctors as frontline warriors during Covid-19.
- Nagaland declared as disturbed area for another 6 months by the Centre
- Covid-19 recovery rate improves to 59.43 per cent
- GST revenue collection goes up to Rs 90 thousand 917 cr in June 2020
- TN: 6 lost their lives, 17 injured in boiler explosion at NLC power plant.
- CRPF personnel martyred, 3 other CRPF Jawans injured in terrorists attack in J&K’s Sopore
- Bangladesh extends COVID19 restrictions till August 3.
- Nepal’s ruling party leaders demand PM Oli’s resignation
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
RRI introduces qkdSim toolkit to ensure safety in secure quantum communication platforms
- Researchers from Raman Research Institute (RRI), an autonomous institute of the Department of Science & Technology (DST), has launched Quantum Key Distribution or QKD. The qkdSim simulation toolkit aims to ensure safety in secure quantum communication platforms.
|qkdSim||It is a unique simulation toolkit for end-to-end QKD simulation which is based on modular principles that allow it to be grown to different classes of protocols using various underpinning technologies.|
NBRI to set up Advanced Virology Lab to test COVID-19 disease
- The National Botanical Research Institute (NBRI), Lucknow, has set up an “Advanced Virology Lab” for testing COVID-19 disease. The facility has been established as per the guidelines of the Indian Council Medical Research (ICMR), the World Health Organisation (WHO), and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Advanced Virology Lab is a Bio-Safety Level (BSL) 3 level facility.
DST-SERB, INSA launched photo and film competition with the theme Science through My Eyes
- Indian National Science Academy (INSA) and the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) are to organize a photo/painting and a one-minute-film competition. The competition aims to help people go beyond their discipline and see, understand, and appreciate science around them.
- The competition will foster and promote the scientific spirit, interest in research, and will encourage creative abilities.
IIT Madras: World’s first-ever Online B.Sc. Degree in Programming & Data Science launched
- The World’s first-ever Online B.Sc. Degree in Programming and Data Science is prepared and to be offered by the Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Madras.
- The Online Course was launched through a virtual event by the Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal on 30th June 2020
Beta Version of PM SVANidhi Portal was launched
- Housing & Urban Affairs Durga Shanker Mishra launched the Beta version of PM Street Vendor’s Atma Nirbhar Nidhi “PM SVANidhi” Portal, pmsvanidhi.mohua.gov.in. It aims to leverage digital technology solutions.
- PM SVANidhi Portal will provide an integrated end to end IT interface to users for availing benefits under the scheme.
- The integrated IT platform will provide an end-to-end solution for scheme administration.
|PM SVANidhi||PM SVANidhi was launched on June 1, 2020. Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs has held detailed interactions with various types of lenders including Banks, MFIs, and NBFCs. Detailed operational guidelines have been issued for the lenders.|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
China passes Hong Kong National Security Law
- The National People’s Congress Standing Committee (NPCSC) has unanimously passed the National Security Law for Hong Kong on 30th June 2020. The three-day meeting of the Standing Committee began on 28th June, on the first day itself the controversial Bill was fast-tracked for approval, on the last day of the meet all 162 members of the Standing Committee approved the Bill.
- The National Security Law of Hong Kong is expected to come into effect from 1st July 2020 onwards. Back in 1997, on 1st July, the Hong Kong City was handed over to China as a Special Administrative Region from the British rule.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Scientists synthesize inorganic-organic hybrid compound that can inhibit breast, lung, liver cancer cells
- Scientists from the Institute of Nano Science & Technology (INST), Mohali, have synthesized a novel inorganic-organic hybrid compound that can inhibit breast, lung, and liver cancer cells. It is expected that this will open up new possibilities for metallodrugs.
- The solid compound is based on phosphomolybdate cluster, an inorganic salt of phosphomolybdic acid. The compound belongs to the Polyoxometalates (POMs) family, which had earlier been identified to have antitumor potential.
BSNL cancels 4G tender after DoT asks it not to use Chinese telecom gear: Source
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd’s (BSNL) tender for 4G upgrade has been cancelled after the Department of Telecom (DoT) asked the state-run firm not to use Chinese telecom gear, according to a source.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS & HONORS
MyGov Corona Helpdesk received CogX 2020 award
- Artificial Intelligence-enabled MyGov Corona Helpdesk received two awards at the CogX 2020 is held annually in London, the UK. CogX is a prestigious Global Leadership Summit and Festival of AI & Emerging Technology.
MyGov Corona was awarded under the categories ‘Best Innovation for Covid-19 – Society’ and ‘People’s Choice Covid-19 Overall Winner’. The awards were won by JioHaptik Technologies.
|CogX||CogX is a large AI event that is held annually in London with over 15,000 participants. Representatives from the highest levels of business, government, industry, and research participants in the event. The Cogx Awards are presented to the best-of-the-best in AI and emerging technologies across the world.|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING & FINANCE
RBI to conduct Special OMO to boost liquidity
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced that is is to conduct special “Open Market Operations (OMO)” on 2 July 2020. The aim is to pump up liquidity in the financial system.
- RBI’s special OMO session will see the simultaneous purchase and sale of government securities for Rs.10,000 crore.