Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
- Disengagement with the Chinese Army starts in Galway Valley as per agreed terms in Corps Commander’s meeting.
- COVID-19 recovery rate improves to 60.85 % in-country.
- Week-long triple lockdown begins in Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala
- Karnataka launches Weavers‘ Sammaan Yojana.
- Uttarakhand suspends Kanwar Mela in wake of COVID-19; Requests devotees not to come to Haridwar
- Indian Railways to transform itself as ‘Net Zero’ Carbon Emission Mass Transportation Network by 2030.
- Over 1,14,51,030 people test COVID-19 positive globally.
- Bangladesh to bring content and revenue of Social Media platforms under Regulation
- Chinese men’s singles badminton player Lin Dan (36) retires, won gold medals in 2008 and 2012 Olympic Games
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Loans worth over Rs 1.10 lakh crore sanctioned by Banks under ECLGS until 1st July
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced the Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) on 13th May 2020. ECLGS was announced as a part part of the AtmaNirbhar Bharat Package for supporting the Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) in the country.
- As of 1st July 2020, Public Sector Banks and Private Banks across the country have sanctioned loans worth over Rs 1.10 lakh crore under ECLGS. Out of this Rs 1.10 lakh crore sanctioned, more than Rs 52000 crore of the loan amount has been already disbursed until 1st July.
AIR starts its First-Ever Sanskrit News Programme ‘Sanskrit Saptahiki’
- From 4th July 2020, All India Radio (AIR) FM news channel will be broadcasting its first-ever news program in Sanksrit language for 20 minutes duration. All India Radio has named the news program ‘Sanskrit Saptahiki’.
- Sanskrit Saptahiki will be broadcasted every Saturday. Repeat broadcast will be available on Sundays.
59 Chinese apps including TikTok, Helo, WeChat Bans by India
- The government banned 59 Chinese mobile applications, including top social media platforms such as TikTok, Helo and WeChat, shopping app Clubfactory, to counter the threat posed by these applications to the country’s “sovereignty and security,” said in a press release.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
India growth forecast cut again at Citi as COVID cases surge
- India imposed the world’s largest lockdown from the end of March to curb the Covid-19 pandemic, only to reopen some parts of the economy a month later to avoid losses to businesses and jobs.
- The number of infections has since increased rapidly, making India home to the world’s third-biggest tally of virus cases.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
First signs of Chinese withdrawal in Galway; India & China to issue statements
- In the first signs of de-escalation after the June 15 crash, Chinese troops are believed to have moved back in both Galway and Pangong Tso areas.
- Based on preliminary verification, India and China are likely to acknowledge discernible progress in the disengagement talks through official statements soon.
- ET has reliably gathered that both sides are in touch through diplomatic channels to work out agreed statements that will make the process forward.
- This would include planning for Special Representative-level talks as per the original schedule, which may require National Security Advisor Ajit Doval to travel to China.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
DuckDuckGo back to help users search the internet in India
- Privacy-focused search engine DuckDuckGo said that the search engine is accessible to users to search the internet in India days after the department of telecom blocked the platform.