Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
NATIONAL FATHER DAUGHTER TAKE A WALK DAY – On this day, National Father-Daughter Take a Walk Day is observed annually on July 7th.The day promotes the benefits of family bonding time between fathers and daughters as well as the benefits of physical activity.
NATIONAL MACARONI DAY – On this day, pasta lovers across the nation dig into one of their favorite noodles on National Macaroni Day.
- India-China begins disengagement on LAC after talks between NSA Ajit Doval and Chinese Foreign Minister.
- Over 15 thousand people recovered from Coronavirus in the last 24 hours; Recovery Rate rises above 61%.
- Registration for human trials of the Indian vaccine for Coronavirus begins today.
- Goa opens up for tourists; 250 hotels to open; Maharashtra also allows hotels, lodges and guest houses to operate with conditions.
- Final-year examination in Universities to be held by Sep-end, says University Grants Commission.
- Maharashtra govt taking all steps to provide all possible assistance to COVID-19 patients.
- Door to a door health survey in COVID-19 containment zones completed in Delhi.
- ED issues FEMA show cause notice of Rs. 7,220 crore on Kolkata-based jewelry house
- Former US National Security Advisor says the Indo-US relationship will witness new peaks in the 21st century.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
CBSE Facebook Partnership: Digital Safety and Online Well Being
- Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal has announced on 5th July 2020 that the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has entered into a partnership with United States-based social media company Facebook, Inc.
- About the CBSE Facebook Partnership, The partnership between CBSE and Facebook has two categories. Registration under both the categories have started from 6th July 2020 and will be available for registration until 20th July 2020.
Maharashtra CM: Maha Jobs Portal launched, Domicile Certificate Mandatory for Registration
- The CM of Maharashtra Uddhav Thackeray has launched a portal on 6th July 2020 that will bridge the gap between the Industrial Units/Employers and the Workers (Domiciled: Skilled, Semi-Skilled and Unskilled). The name of the portal is ‘Maha Jobs’. Anyone can access the portal by visiting- ‘mahajobs.maharashtra.gov.in’. For registration in the Maha Jobs portal, a domicile certificate of the state of Maharashtra is compulsory for the workers.
|Maha Jobs Portal||Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) will be the nodal agency for the successful functioning of the Maha Jobs portal. The portal is a joint venture between 3 Departments of the Maharashtra State Government. The departments are the Department of Labour, Department of Industries, and the Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Department.|
Assam: Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary to be upgraded into a National Park
- After months of Controversy, the Assam State Government has decided for the up-gradation of the status of the Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary to National Park.
- The decision was taken on 6th July 2020 and was announced by the Chief Minister of Assam Sarbananda Sonowal.
Sanskrit Vidhyalaya built by India in Nepal Inaugurated
- Sanskrit Vidhyalaya built in Eastern Nepal’s Province No 1’s IIam district by India was inaugurated on 6th July 2020 through video conferencing. The name of the Vidhyalaya is ‘Shree Saptmai Gurukul Sanskrit Vidhyalaya’.
- The inauguration event was attended virtually by the Indian Embassy in Kathmandu (on behalf of Government of India) and was attended by the Barbour Village Development Committee and the School Management Committee of the Sanksrit Vidhyalaya.
Himachal Pradesh: 1st State in India to have LPG Gas Connection in Every Household
- All households in the state of HP have access to LPG Gas Connection, making Himachal Pradesh the first state in the country to achieve the goal set by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during the launch of Ujjwala Yojana for providing a cooking gas connection to every household in the country. This was announced on 6th July 2020 by the Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Jai Ram Thakur.
- Apart from the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, the scheme of the Himachal Pradesh State Government ‘Himachal Grihini Suvidha Yojana’ has also played an important role for achieving the 100 percent household cooking gas connection in the state.
U.P Chief Minister Inaugurates ‘Mission Vriksharopan-2020’
- On 5th July 2020, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath has inaugurated a program under which the State Government of Uttar Pradesh has set a target to plant more than 25 crore sapling across the state.
- The name of the mega plantation program is ‘Mission Vriksharopan-2020’. Yogi Adityanath planted 3 saplings at the Kukrail Reserve Forest’s Harishankari Vatika in Lucknow to inaugurate the Mission Vriksharopan-2020. He planted saplings of a Banyan tree, Ficus Virens, and Ficus Religiosa.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
The dangers of going all out against China, according to SA Aiyar
- Aiyar underlined the need to be careful in certain areas such as defense, but he also insisted that India and China are inseparable in many areas of trade and economics.
- The point is to not overdo it and to always have a calibrated response so that one does not go over the top, he said.
Govt plants seeds to grow exotic fruits here, discourage imports
- The program, initially for three years, will be fully funded by the central government under the Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
IT companies want to work from home relaxations to be made permanent
- Companies including TCS, HCL are seeking regulatory clarity to move to a blended model of working.
Report: Digital payment transactions in India rise 23% – June 3-July 2
- “With the economy inching towards normalcy, digital payment transactions have rebounded by 23% in the last 30 days (June 3-July 2).
- The overall digital transactions declined by 12 percent in the last 101 days, compared to a 30 percent drop in the first 30 days of lockdown (March 24-April 23),” according to a report by fintech platform Razorpay.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
TikTok to leave Hong Kong as security law raises worries
- The short-form video app’s planned departure from Hong Kong comes as various social media platforms and messaging apps including Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram, Google, and Twitter balk at the possibility of providing user data to Hong Kong authorities.