Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL SUGAR COOKIE DAY – On this day, National Sugar Cookie Day honors the ever-popular and delicious sugar cookie. A holiday favorite and very easy to make, sugar cookies disappear quickly once they come out of the oven.
- Modi says India is playing a leading role in the global revival.
- India performing, reforming, transforming & offering new economic opportunities: PM Modi.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurates six new bridges in Jammu Division of Union Territory of J&K.
- Cabinet approves 12 thousand 450 crore rupees investment in three public sector general insurance companies.
- COVID-19 recovery rate improves to 62.08%; Four lakh 76 thousand 378 people recovered so far.
- Veteran actor-comedian Jagdeep laid to rest in Mumbai.
- 18th meeting of high-level Group of Ministers on COVID-19 held in New Delhi
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Agriculture Infrastructure Fund gets Cabinet approved under Central Sector Scheme of financing facility
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved a new pan India Central Sector Scheme under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund.
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide a medium-long term debt financing facility for investment in viable projects for post-harvest management Infrastructure and community farming assets through interest subvention and financial support.
Odisha: Use satellite technology to prevent encroachment of government land
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik unveiled Bhubaneswar Land Use Intelligence System (BLUIS) which would monitor changes in all government lands in Odisha by leveraging high-resolution satellite imagery.
- With this, Odisha has become the first state in the country to use space technology and artificial intelligence (AI) for safeguarding government lands.
- The aim is to prevent the encroachment of government land in the capital city of Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
- Bhubaneswar Land Use Intelligence System is a geo-tagged repository of all the government lands in Bhubaneswar.
CBDT, SEBI signs MoU for data exchange between the organizations
- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for data exchange between the two organizations.
- The MoU was signed by Smt. Anu J. Singh, Pr. DGIT (Systems), CBDT, and Smt. Madhabi Puri Buch, Whole Time Member, SEBI in the presence of senior officers from both the organizations via video conference.
- The MoU marks the initiation of cooperation and synergy between SEBI and CBDT.
- The MoU will facilitate data sharing and information sharing between SEBI and CBDT on an automatic & regular basis.
UltraTech Cement’s subsidiary Krishna Holdings to Sell its Entire 92.5% Stake from China’s Shandong Binani Rongan Cement
- Subsidairy of UltraTech Nathdwara Cement (previously known as Binani Cement)- Krishna Holdings (Incorporated at Singapore) will sell its entire equity shareholding of 92.5 percent stake from China’s Shandong Binani Rongan Cement.
- The 92.5 percent stake is worth around USD 120 million (845 million Chinese RNB-Renminbi). UltraTech Nathdwara Cement is a subsidiary company of Mumbai based UltraTech Cement Limited.
- This was announced on 7th July 2020 during a regulatory filing by UltraTech Cement Limited.
INS Kesari covered 14,000 Km in 49 Days under ‘Mission Sagar’ to Extend India’s Helping Hand across the Indian Ocean
- ‘Security and Growth for All in the Region’ –Following this vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Indian Navy began ‘Mission Sagar’ to extend India’s helping hand across the Indian Ocean.
- The Mission Sagar was launched on 10th May 2020, and after 49 days, the mission was successfully completed on 28th June 2020 when INS Kesari returned to India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
BofA: India’s GDP to contract by 3% in FY21
- BofA Securities also said the RBI will monetise the fiscal deficit through purchase of government bonds of up to USD 95 billion through open market operations, and its revaluation reserves of USD 127 billion may also be used to recapitalise state-run banks.
|BofA – Bank of America||Investment banking company|
|Headquarters||Charlotte, North Carolina, United States|
|CEO||Brian Moynihan (1 Jan 2010–)|
|Revenue||9,124 crores USD (2018)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
India: Samsung starts manufacturing smartwatches
- The South Korean company, which has its largest smartphone manufacturing facility in Noida, has also launched a new 4G-enabled smartwatch priced at Rs 28,490 that will be manufactured locally.
Truecaller says disappointed by Indian army’s ban on app for personnel
- In the recent development where the Indian Army has asked its personnel to delete 89 apps from their smartphones including Facebook, TikTok, Tinder, PUBG, Instagram and Truecaller to plug leakage of information.
- Truecaller spokesperson said it is an app of Swedish origin that considers India it’s home.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
The Bucket Brigade: Forgotten tales of courage and valour
- 60 Parachute Field Ambulance was raised as 60 Indian Field Ambulance on 10th August 1942 in Secunderabad and saw action in Burma as a part of the 2nd Indian Airborne Division.
- The performance of the Unit in these operations led to its selection for para duties.