Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
NATIONAL BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE DAY – On this day, two of the calendar’s favorite foods come together on National Blueberry Cheesecake Day. We’ve scattered blueberries and cheesecakes throughout these pages in scrumptious celebration.
NATIONAL PAPER AIRPLANE DAY – On this day, National Paper Airplane Day commemorates the simple aeronautical toy that’s been around for thousands of years. Flying paper planes is an inexpensive, healthy, and stimulating form of entertainment.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
Assam records a massive spike of 115 new COVID cases, Nagaland reports 3 positive cases
Coronavirus cases in India surge to 1,45,380; total death toll at 4,167.
Corona scare in Madhya Pradesh Raj Bhavan after staffer’s kin tests positive
- IAF to launch its squadron Number-18 – Flying Bullets with a fleet of LCA Tejas at its Sulur base near Coimbatore.
- Domestic flight operations begin in Andhra Pradesh on 2nd day of resumption of Airline services; the Civil Aviation ministry allows the resumption of domestic charter flights.
- Eight flights to carry stranded Indians to Kerala from Gulf region under Vande Bharat Mission.
- Kerala State Education Board exams for Class 10 and 12 get underway
- Hockey legend Balbir Singh Sr passes away in Mohali, Punjab
As coronavirus cases rise in India, China announces the repatriation of its citizens.
- Chinese security laws will not affect rights and freedoms: Hong Kong leader.
- WHO suspends testing hydroxychloroquine on virus patients.
- Japan: PM Shinzo Abe lifts coronavirus state of emergency in the entire country
Current Affairs: INDIA
Centre directs Jal Shakti Ministry, NITI Aayog to study the feasibility of drinking water project for Udayagiri in AP
The government of India directed the Jal Shakti Ministry and NITI Aayog to study the feasibility of drinking water project for Udayagiri in Andhra Pradesh. The decision was made in a meeting held by the Vice President of India Venkiah Naidu with Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog & Parameswaran Iyer, Secretary, Drinking Water & Sanitation, and Shri U.P. Singh, Secretary, Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation.
|Andhra Pradesh Capitals||Amaravati, Hyderabad|
|NITI Aayog Formed||1 JAN 2015|
IAF to operationalize its No.18 Squadron at Coimbatore, TN
The Indian Air Force (IAF) is to operationalize its No.18 Squadron at Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu on 27 May. IAF chief, Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria is expected to operationalize the squadron “Flying Bullets” at the Sulur Air Force Station near Coimbatore, TN.
- No.18 Squadron is equipped with the fourth generation LCA Tejas FOC (final operation clearance) aircraft. It will be the second IAF Squadron to fly Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas.
- No.18 Squadron was formed in 1965. The motto is “Teevra aur Nirbhaya” (meaning “Swift and Fearless”) was earlier flying MiG 27 aircraft.
|IAF Founded||8 Oct 1932|
Health Ministry appeals to follow hand hygiene and social distancing norms
- Ministry of Health has reiterated its appeal to the people to follow hand hygiene and social distancing norms to contain the spread of COVID-19 infection.
- In a series of tweets, the Ministry has reiterated that as a part of the new normal, the people should always follow social distancing norms and wash their hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- The Ministry said, spitting in public is a punishable offense and it increases the risk of spread of the coronavirus.
|Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Headquarters||New Delhi|
|Officeholders||Harsh Vardhan (Minister), Faggan Singh Kulaste (Minister of State)|
Current Affairs: International
China successfully tests its first unmanned helicopter drone
China’s first unmanned helicopter drone, AR500C unmanned helicopter, made its maiden flight at an AVIC base in Poyang in East China’s Jiangxi Province. The drone was developed by the state-owned Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC).
AR500C unmanned helicopter:
- The helicopter has been designed in plateau areas and capable of firing and conducting reconnaissance from a high altitude.
- It could be deployed along the country’s borders with India. China’s first unmanned helicopter can take off at an elevation of 5,000 meters and has a ceiling of 6,700 meters.
|China President||Xi Jinping|
Japan completely lifts nationwide emergency
- Japan has completely lifted nationwide emergency imposed following the Corona Virus pandemic. Japanese PM Shinzo Abe announced yesterday that the emergency will be lifted in the remaining five prefectures including Tokyo.
- He warned that a state of emergency can be re-imposed if the infection starts spreading rapidly again. Mr. Abe said expert commission, established by the Japanese government at the beginning of the outbreak, will present by mid-June guidelines for clubs, bars and karaoke spots, where several COVID-19 clusters have originated
|Prime minister||Shinzō Abe|
HIL INDIA to provide locust control Pesticide to Iran
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers announced that HIL INDIA, a PSU under the Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals, is to produce and supply the pesticides for the farming community, amid the COVID-19 lockdown.
- HIL is to supply 25 MT Malathion Technical for supply to locust control program to Iran under Government to Government arrangement. Recently, the Credit rating of HIL INDIA was upgraded to BBB from BB. The rating marks a stable investment grade.
|Iran President||Hassan Rouhani|
|Supreme leader||Ali Khamenei|