Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL BLUEBERRY MUFFIN DAY – On this day, gives us a great reason to get up in the morning and celebrate! Americans love their blueberry muffins so much, it’s their no one favorite muffin flavor.
NATIONAL MOJITO DAY – On this day, , people across America raise a glass to mark National Mojito Day. The Mojito is a traditional Cuban highball, and while rumored to be a drink favored by the author Ernest Hemingway, it’s never been proven.
- Recovery rate of Covid-19 patients reaches 62.78% in country; Over 5 lakh 15 thousand recovered so far.
- DCGI approves Itolizumab for restricted emergency use on COVID-19 patients.
- HRD Ministry formulates SOP for conducting University examinations in country.
- Vice President calls for adoption of environment friendly architecture, designs in country, to address future health threats.
- J&K: Two terrorists killed in Handwara area of Kupwara district.
- Lockdown has to be at least 14 days to stop virus from spreading: AIIMS Director.
- Continuous action being taken to control locust swarms.
- TN Women’s welfare department, Department of Animal Husbandry devise alternative employment scheme for rural, suburban women.
- Tamil Nadu CM urges MEA to take steps to repatriate 40 TN fishermen from Iran.
- Madhya Pradesh: Footpath girl who got 68% in class 10 exams gets her own house
- First Parcel Cargo with Chilli for Bangladesh leaves Guntur
- Restrict movement from hotspot cities during Eid-Ul-Azha: Bangladesh COVID-19 Advisory committee.
- Prince Charles lauds India’s ‘sustainable’ way of life amid Covid-19 crisis
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Rs 6,195.08 crore released to 14 States as Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant in July 2020
- The Department of Expenditure (under Union Finance Ministry) has released a notice on 8th July 2020 as per which Rs 6,195.08 crore has been released to 14 states in the country. The amount released is as per the recommendation of the 15th Finance Commission.
- Under the Post-Devolution Revenue Deficit grant for Financial Year 2020-21, this is the fourth equated monthly installment. The first installment was released on 13th March 2020, followed by Second in May and the Third installment in June 2020.
14 states as per given below in all the four equated monthly installments to date.
- Andhra Pradesh: Rs 491 crore
- Assam: Rs 631 crore
- Himachal Pradesh: Rs 952 crore
- Kerala: Rs 1276 crore
- Manipur: Rs 235 crore
- Meghalaya: Rs 40 crore
- Mizoram: Rs 118 crore
- Nagaland: Rs 326 crore
- Punjab: Rs 638 crore
- Tamil Nadu: Rs 335 crore
- Tripura: Rs 269 crore
- Uttarakhand: Rs 423 crore
- Sikkim: Rs 37 crore
- West Bengal: Rs 417 crore
India will not run the World’s Emptiest Airport- Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport
- Prime Minister of Sri Lanka Mahinda Rajapaksa has informed that on the request of his Government, the Indian Govt has agreed to not form a joint venture company with Sri Lanka for running the Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Unknown Pneumonia Reported From Kazakhstan by Chinese Embassy with Fatality Rate Higher than COVID-19
- A health advisory warning has been issued on 9th July 2020 from the Chinese Embassy in Kazakhstan to Chinese Citizens in Kazakhstan and also to the authorities in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region of China (It is the only Administered region or province of China that shares an International land boundary with Kazakhstan).
- As per the health advisory warning, a new deadly ‘unknown pneumonia’ with death rate much higher than that of the Novel Coronavirus has been reported in Kazakhstan.
1st Launch of China’s ‘Kuaizhou-11 (KZ-11)’ Rocket Failed, Third Rocket Launch Failure of the Year for China
- After three years of delay, on 10th July 2020 the Solid-Fuelled Carrier Rocket of China- Kuaizhou-11 suffered a failure during its maiden flight.
- Kuaizhou-11 was originally planned to be launched in the first half of 2018, it was delayed due to an explosion during engine testing back in 2020. The rocket was launched from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: TECHNOLOGY
World’s 1st Reusable PPE Kits – Triple Viral Shield Technology launched
- Indian Manufacturing Company- Loyal Textile Mills on 9th July 2020 launched the first of its kind in the world- reusable PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) Kits. Along with reusable PPE kits, reusable garments and face masks with zero virus penetration were also unveiled by Loyal Textile Mills.
- The reusable masks, garments, and PPE Kits was launched by Loyal Textile Mills with collaborating with Reliance Industries Limited and Switzerland based textile innovation company- HeiQ Materials AG.
- The 3 products will be available in the market under the brand ‘Supera Shield’ of Loyal Textile Mills.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
Delhi: lost 6 PERCENT of its GDP to bad air in 6 months: Study
- Of the 28 metropolitan cities around the world, Delhi has borne the highest economic cost – 5.8% of the GDP due to air pollution in the first six months of the year despite the lockdown.