Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
PAPER BAG DAY – On this day, we recognize the significance of an invention we take for granted on Paper Bag Day. Millions of people use paper bags every day.
NATIONAL SIMPLICITY DAY – On this day, honors transcendentalist Henry David Thoreau. The day advocates a life of simplicity and recognizes the life of Thoreau. Henry David Thoreau (July 12, 1817 – May 6, 1862) lived his life as many things including an author, naturalist, philosopher, and historian.
- Decision on monsoon session of Parliament soon: Pralhad Joshi.
- Battle against COVID-19 is being fought with contribution of every citizen under leadership of PM Modi: Amit Shah.
- COVID-19 recovery rate improves to 62.92 pct.
- Pandemic needs to be used for making necessary changes in perspectives and living practices: VP Naidu.
- Global Tenders up to Rs 200 Cr not to be allowed in government procurement: Finance Ministry.
- Amitabh Bachchan, son Abhishek suffering from mild Covid-19 symptoms
- Ladakh: Meeting of Executive Councilors convened to discuss preparations for conduct of online examinations in Kargil.
- J&K reports high spike in number of COVID-19 cases.
- Assam: Several major rivers including Brahmaputra flowing above danger level.
- ‘Worried for party’: Kapil Sibal tweets amid reports of tussle within Rajasthan Congress Party
- Wimbledon tennis tournament organisers will pay $12.5 million prize money to 620 players despite cancellation.
- Former cricketer Chetan Chauhan tests positive for COVID-19
- Commercial farming of endangered species in Myanmar may boost demand for rare animals, warns WWF.
- Sri Lanka reports 57 new COVID cases; tally rises to 2,511
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
India has become the 2nd Largest Source of FDI for the UK
- The statistics for the number of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) projects in the Financial Year 2019-20 in the United Kingdom was released on 10th July 2020 by the United Kingdom Government’s Department for International Trade (DIT).
- As per the Figures provided by DIT, the 2nd-largest source of FDI in the United Kingdom is now from India.
NITI Aayog Launches ATL App Development Modules
- ATL App Development Modules’ was launched for school children across the country in line with the Aatmanirbhar Bharat initiative to transform school students from smartphone-based applications users into innovative smartphone-based applications developers.
Exceptional Operational Efficiency from NTPC Singrauli
- NTPC Singrauli Unit 1, the oldest NTPC unit, according to data published by the Central Electricity Authority (CEA), has emerged as the country’s top-performing unit in the first quarter of the financial year.
|NTPC Singrauli||NTPC Singrauli Unit 1, the oldest NTPC unit has emerged as the country’s top-performing unit in the first quarter of the financial year, according to data released by the Central Electricity Authority (CEA). The station’s first unit began generating on 13 February 1982 and continues to serve the country with exceptional results.|
India: 1st State-Level ‘E-Lok Adalat’ conducted by Chhattisgarh High Court
- Despite the cancellation of the 3rd National Lok Adalat of the year 2020 scheduled to be held on 11th July 2020, the first State Level ‘E-Lok Adalat’ of India was conducted successfully on 11th July 2020.
- The Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh High Court P.R. Ramachandra Menon inaugurated the first State Level E-Lok Adalat of India from the Conference Hall of the Chhattisgarh State’s High Court in Bilaspur district. The E-Lok Adalat was conducted through video conferencing.
People Availing Healthcare Services under Ayushman Bharat Yojana Hits 8.8 Crore
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana at the Health and Wellness Centers across the country, around 8.8 crore Indian people have taken advantage of healthcare services since ISt June 2020. At the time of the COVID-19 Lockout, the country-wide health and wellness centers conducted 6.53 lakh yoga and wellness sessions.
- Once the ATL App Development Modules are implemented, it will be the largest App learning initiative at school level around the world. Currently 5100 Atal Tinkering Labs have already been built in over 660 districts across the country.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
Boeing Completes Delivery of 37 Military Helicopters to India
- Boeing had completed delivery of all 37 military helicopters ordered by the Ministry of Defense for the Indian Armed Forces in 2015.
- Boeing told this via a news release announcement on its website on July 10th, 2020. AH-64E Apache Helicopter and 15 CH-47F(l) Chinook heavy-lift Helicopter were among 37 Military Helicopter- 22.
- The last five of the 22 Apache helicopters were delivered to the Indian Air Force at the Hindan Air Force Station in June 2020, while Chinook Helicopters delivery was completed in the month of March 2020.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
RBI – REPO points downs by 135
- From February 2019 till COVID-19 began, the Reserve Bank of India ( RBI) has cut the repo rate by 135 basis points.
- That was shared by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das while delivering his keynote address on July 11, 2020 at the 7th SBI Banking & Economics Conclave.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
Eight shortlisted for RBI deputy governor post; interview on July 23
- The post had fallen vacant after senior-most deputy governor N S Vishwanathan demitted office three months ahead of his extended tenure on March 31 on health grounds after serving the monetary authority for 39 years.