Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL FRENCH FRY DAY – On this day, recognizes a staple food on menus across the country. It comes in so many different cuts and styles, there’s a favorite for everyone to enjoy!
NATIONAL DELAWARE DAY – On this day, recognizes the First State to declare independence from the British. Rich in history, Delaware’s lands once belonged to New York and later Pennsylvania.
- Congress Legislative Party meeting is underway in Jaipur amid political crisis in Rajasthan.
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat is about opening India’s doors for greater global engagement, says Piyush Goyal.
- All countries must come together to convert present COVID-19 situation into an opportunity, says NITI Aayog VC.
- COVID-19 recovery rate reaches to 63.01% in the country; Over five lakh 53 thousand people recovered so far.
- CBSE – Central Board of Secondary Education announces result of class 12th examination.
- MBOSE declares results of HSSLC examinations-2020 (Arts).
- MLA Debendra Nath Ray found dead in West Bengal’s North Dinajpur; BJP President condemns Mamata govt.
- COVID-19 recovery rate increases to 53.47 per cent in Puducherry.
- Meghalaya COVID-19 cases rise to 262
- Not against imports, have to import products where we have difficulty: Piyush Goyal.
- Govt invites feedback on non-personal data governance draft report.
- India’s GDP to contract 7.5% if Covid vaccine is delayed, 4% in base case: Bank of America Securities.
- West Indies win first cricket test match against England by four wickets.
- Union Sports Minister to hold discussions with sports ministers of all states, UTs to discuss way forward.
- Bangladesh makes COVID-19 negative certificate mandatory for travelling abroad.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
NTPC Ltd won 2019 CII-ITC Sustainability Awards
- NTPC Ltd, a central PSU under Minister of Power and India’s largest power generation company, has won the prestigious CII-ITC Sustainability Award 2019, under the outstanding Accomplishment in Corporate Excellence Category.
- NTPC has received Commendation for Significant Achievement in the category of CSR.
- NTPC always strives for sustainable development around the power stations.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
China slaps tit-for-tat sanctions on United States lawmakers, envoy over Xinjiang
- On Monday, China has announced retaliatory sanctions against three senior Republican lawmakers and a US envoy in a deepening row over Beijing’s treatment of Uighurs in the western Xinjiang region.
- Some of the most outspoken critics of China — Senators Marco Rubio & Ted Cruz along with Congressman Chris Smith — were targeted by the action, as well as the US ambassador-at-large for international religious freedom, Sam Brownback.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
On Tuesday talks between India and China Next round of Lt Gen-level : Sources
- Indian & Chinese military are scheduled to hold their fourth round of Lt General-level talks on Tuesday with an aim to finalise modalities for the next phase of de-escalation and disengagement of troops in eastern Ladakh, govt sources said on Monday.
- The meeting is set to be held in Chushul on the Indian side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh, they said.
- The two sides are also expected to finalise a roadmap for restoration of peace and tranquility in the high-altitude region that witnessed an eight-week bitter standoff between the troops of the two countries.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Britain set to ban Huawei from 5G, though timescale unclear
- It is unclear how far Johnson will go on Tuesday. Operators already had to cap Huawei’s role in 5G at 35% by 2023.
- Reducing it to zero over an additional two to fours years is now being discussed, although some telecoms firms have warned that going too fast could delay key technology and disrupt services.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Google to invest $10 billion in India, will use money to up digital stake
- Google will invest $10 billion in India over the next 05 to 07 yrs, the search giant’s boss Sundar Pichai told ET in an exclusive interview on Monday morning.
- Google will use this investment to buy stakes in large Indian companies as well as niche digital service providers.
- The announcement signals the company’s intent to scale up the India operations and get a strong hold on the Indian digital ecosystem.
- This comes right after Reliance Jio has closed 12 rounds of funding in the last three months from marque investors including $5.7 billion from social media giant Facebook.
Govt invites feedback on non-personal data governance draft report
- The govt has invited feedback from the public on a draft report prepared by an expert panel set up under Infosys NSE 1.94 % co-founder and angel investor Kris Gopalakrishnan to deliberate on framing rules for non-personal data governance.
- The panel, which was set up in September last, has submitted the draft report to the government now.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AGRICULTURE
Long term yield loss for tea planters due to Unprecedented rainfall
- Siliguri: Excessive rainfall in Assam and Bengal tea belt has put planters under deep apprehension of over 20% production loss . This comes with even bigger worry for serious health hazard of tea bushes that can cause long term loss in much larger scale.
- According to senior meteorologist with Indian Meteorological Department G N Raha, Sub Himalayan region of Bengal, that hosts tea plantations, has received 1104 mm cumulative rainfall since 1st June against long term normal level of 743 mm showing a deviation of 49% . For the last one week the deviation has gone event higher to 52%.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Manchester City overturns 2-year ban from Champions League
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport upheld City’s appeal against the UEFA ban, but imposed a 10 million euro ($11.3 million) fine on the club for failing to cooperate with independent investigators.