Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL TAPE MEASURE DAY-On this day, measuring twice means something extra on National Tape Measure Day. Alvin J. Fellows of New Haven, Connecticut made the lives of carpenters, electricians, seamstresses, and countless other tradesmen and craftsmen easier.
- PM Modi interacts with Google CEO Sundar Pichai.
- Google to invest Rs. 75,000 Cr in India over next 5 to 7 years.
- Commander-level talks between India, China begin at Chushul Border post in Eastern Ladakh
- Govt to increase public health expenditure to 2.5% of GDP by year 2025: Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
- Nitin Gadkari to inaugurate, lay foundation stones of Highway projects in Haryana today.
- Political crisis continues in Rajasthan; Congress Legislature Party meeting underway in Jaipur.
- Govt aims to increase public health expenditure to 2.5% of GDP by 2025
- COVID-19 recovery rate improves to 63.02 percent in country
- Kerala Gold Smuggling Case: Key accused Swapna Suresh & Sandeep Nair sent to 8-day NIA custody.
- Agricultural activities begin in Ladakh region during peak of lockdown period.
- India hands over outdoor fitness equipment for 61 islands across Maldives.
- Bangladesh Govt asks people to offer Eid-UI-Azha prayer at nearby mosque.
- WHO calls upon countries for comprehensive strategies to deal with Covid pandemic
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Online Registration of Crops ‘E-Cropping’ Begins in Andhra Pradesh
- A Comprehensive exercise for mapping of crops under each of the Rythu Bharosa Kendra (RBK) in the state has begun in Andhra Pradesh from 13th July 2020.
- This will help in preparing the State Government from crop planning to e-marketing of the crop.
- The officials of the Andhra Pradesh Governments Revenue and Agricultural Department have been tasked to jointly online register the details of crops sown by each farmer in the state.
|Andra Pradesh||It is formerly known as Andhra State, is a state in the south-eastern coastal region of India.|
|Chief minister||Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy|
NITI Aayog presented 2nd Voluntary National Review(VNR) of India at United Nations HLPF
- NITI Aayog presented India’s 2nd Voluntary National Review (VNR) at the United Nations High-level Political Forum (HLPF) on Sustainable Development 2020.
Indian Railways to become Green Railway by achieving net-zero carbon emission
- The Ministry of Railways has announced mission mode with the goal of transforming Indian Railways into Green Railways by the year 2030.
- Indian Railways, as a part of mission mode, has planned to electrify All routes on Broad Gauge (BG) network by December 2023.
|It is a railway with a track gauge broader than the 1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard-gauge railways.|
CBDT launches a new Utility Tool for Banks & Post Offices for Proper Implementation of Finance Act 2020
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has informed on 12th July 2020 that a new Utility Tool has been launched that will facilitate the Banks and Post Offices across the country with the accurate TDS rate (Tax Deduction at Source) applicable on cash withdrawals.
- The utility tool can be accessed by the Banks and Post Offices by visiting the web portal- ‘incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in’. The Utility Tool is available under the name’ Verification of Applicability u/s 194N’ on the portal.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Polish President Andrzej Duda wins the 2020 Presidential Election of Poland
- Polish President Andrzej Duda won the 2020 Presidential Election of Poland on 12 July 2020. He has secured another five-year in office.
- Andrzej Duda’s current term will expire on 6 August 2020. Duda aligned with the ruling Law and Justice (PiS) party and won 51.2% of the votes and Rafal Trzaskowski from the main opposition center-right Civic Platform party secured 48.7%.
In India, United States continues to be the Top Trading Partner in 2019-20
- As per the data from the Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry, the United States remains as the top trading partner of India during the Financial Year 2019-20.
- This is the 2nd consecutive Financial Year that the United States has become the top trading partner of India (in Financial Year 2018-19 United States surpassed the People’s Republic of China to become the top trading partner of India), indicating the continuously increasing economic ties between both the countries.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
Indian Army to acquire Raven and Spike Firefly
- The Indian army is to acquire hand-launched, remotely controlled unmanned aerial vehicle Raven from the US and state-of-the-art Israeli Spike Firefly.
- Aim is to add lethality to its ground infantry apart from long-range precision artillery shells with a range of over 40 kilometres.
|Spike Firefly||The Spike Firefly is developed under a joint venture of Israeli company- Rafael Advanced Defense Systems and Israel’s Ministry of Defence. The Spike Firefly has loitering capability and can be carried by a soldier as a part of his kit.|
Ladakh standoff: Defence minister Rajnath Singh likely to visit Leh
- Military commanders are expected to meet at Chushul in eastern Ladakh on Tuesday to discuss further disengagement and relocation of Chinese and Indian troops that have amassed on the border since early May in the most intense standoff on LAC in decades.
- Sources said the fourth round of corps commander-level meeting to defuse the situation is taking place after disengagement at key flashpoints that had emerged, including the Galwan valley where a deadly clash broke out on June 15.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Qualcomm becomes 12th Foreign Investor in Jio Platforms in Last Three Months
- The United States-based Multinational Corporation-Qualcomm has informed on 12th July 2020 that it has invested Rs 730 crore in Reliance Industries’ subsidiary company- Jio Platforms. Rs 730 crore of investment will translate to 0.15 percent of an equity stake for Qualcomm in Jio Platforms.
- In a matter of 12 weeks since 22nd April 2020, this was the 13th foreign investment, and the 12th Foreign Investor (Silver Lake has invested Twice) in Jio Platforms.
- The 13 foreign investments make a total of Rs 1,18,318.45 crores that have been raised in Jio Platforms. This investment also takes the total stake in Jio Platforms of foreign investors to 25.24 percent.