Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL GIVE SOMETHING AWAY DAY- On this day, Most of us have the benefit of having more than we need to live. This day offers us an opportunity to share some of our bounties.
NATIONAL I LOVE HORSES DAY – On this day, we recognize the love of one magnificent creature on National I Love Horses Day! With over 200 breeds, these spirited animals give humans much to love. Their loyalty and devotion throughout history may only be a fraction of the reasons to love them.
WORLD YOUTH SKILLS DAY- On this day, every year. The day is aimed to recognize the importance of equipping young people across the world with skills for employment and entrepreneurship.
- PM Modi says mantra to stay relevant in times of coronavirus is to skill, re-skill and upskill.
- Virtual India-EU Summit to be held today; PM says Summit will strengthen India’s economic, cultural linkages with Europe.
- Govt. says, GST rate reduction on sanitizers would help neither manufacturers nor consumers.
- PM Modi addresses 15th India-EU Summit in a virtual meeting.
- Home Minister Amit Shah extended greetings on World Youth Skills Day
- Over five lakh 92 thousand people recovered from COVID-19 in country so far
- Girls outshine boys in CBSE Class 10th exam results announced today; Overall pass percentage is 91.46
- Chhattisgarh govt appoints 15 legislators as parliamentary secretaries.
- Karnataka strict lockdown guidelines being implemented in Bengaluru urban, rural districts till July 22.
- ED attaches 2 tunnel machines owned by Era Infra Engineering Ltd in bank fraud case.
- Rajasthan Assembly issues notice to Sachin Pilot, 18 other Congress MLAs
- United State dismisses China’s claims to offshore resources across most of South China Sea.
- Myanmar extends COVID-19 restrictions till July 31.
- Maldives to reopen its borders for international travel
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
To Save Rajasthan government from BJPAICC, Ashok Gehlot working on multiple strategies
- After sacking Sachin Pilot from the posts of deputy CM and PCC president on Tuesday, Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot and the Congress central leadership are working on multiple strategies to guard the state govt from the next round of toppling by the powerful and resourceful BJP leadership.
AIM along with Ministries organized COVID-19 Demo-Days to support Startups with COVID-19 Solutions
- NITI Aayog’s flagship Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) has partnered with other Ministeries and partners to support Startups with COVID-19 innovative Solutions and to tackle COVID-19 pandemic.
- The move is aimed to keep the entrepreneurial spirit high across the country as the coronavirus pandemic and economic shutdowns are dealing with a severe blow on the world economy.
- AIM coordinated and concluded a series of virtual “COVID-19 Demo-Days”, an initiative to identify promising start-ups with potential COVID-19 innovations to further help them deploy and scale-up their solutions nationwide.
Ministry of Ayush has announced the names of the winners “My Life-My Yoga Video”
- Ministry of AYUSH announced the names of the winners of the video blogging contest ‘My Life, My Yoga’.
- This global contest on the digital platform was jointly hosted by the Ministry of AYUSH and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR). The event was launched on May 31st, 2020 by Modi, on the occasion of the 6th International Day of Yoga.
Ministry of HRD has Launched Pragyata Guidelines
- The Union Human Resource and Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ released PRAGYATA guidelines on digital education.
- The PRAGYATA guidelines have been developed focusing digital education or online education. It will mainly help students who are presently at home due to lockdown.
- The guidelines include eight steps of online learning. They are Plan, Review, Guide, Arrange, Talk, Assign, Track and Appreciate.
NABARD launches Scheme: Rs 5,000 crores allocated to computerise PACS
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has launched a refinance scheme for financial institutions and banks. It has allocated Rs 5,000 crores for the scheme.
- Under the scheme, the Primary Agricultural Credit Societies are to be turned into multi-service centres. The fund allocated under the scheme is to be made available to financial institutions and banks to lend to the beneficiaries in 2,150 water shed development projects.
Ministry of Shipping: Rs 107 crores approved for modern firefighting facilities
- The Ministry of Shipping approved Rs 107 crores to augment firefighting facilities in Haldia Dock Complex, Kolkata port.
- The current fire fighting facility at the port does not support handling of LPG and other petroleum products.
- It does not hold safety precautions as per the guidelines of Oil Industry Safety Directorate (OISD). Therefore, the port is being upgraded with modern firefighting facilities.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
SportsAdda signs former Australian pacer and legend Brett Lee as brand ambassador
- SportsAdda – Indian news and information website for cricket, football, and kabaddi, has signed former Australian fast bowler and cricket legend Brett Lee, as its brand ambassador.
- As ambassador, Lee will be conducting a host of fun activities including contests, quizzes, Q&As, bowling masterclasses, and giveaways that will feature exclusively on the SportsAdda app, website, and social handles.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: TECHNOLOGY
SHUDH: UV Sanitizing Device developed by IIT Kanpur
- The IIT Kanpur has developed an Ultra Violet Sanitizing product called “Shudh”. The device is capable to disinfect 10 ×10 square feet room in just 15 minutes.
- The disinfection helper, SHUDH is smartphone operated and is handy. It has six UV lights. Each UV light is of 15 watts.
- The device can be used to assist at highly prone places such as hotels, hospitals, malls, offices and schools. As it has the feature of smartphone attached to it, the device can be operated remotely as well.