Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
Download Free Weekly Current Affairs (May 31 to June 14). pdf
Download Free Weekly Current Affairs (June 15 to June 21). pdf
Download Free Weekly Current Affairs (June 22 to June 27). pdf
Download Free Weekly Current Affairs (June 28 to July 05). pdf
Download Free Weekly Current Affairs (July 06 to July 11). pdf
NATIONAL CORN FRITTERS DAY – On this day, encourages us to fry up a batch of these crispy, flavorful bites of corn and batter! Make with fresh corn and the celebration will be even better! These bright crispy morsels make great additions to summer barbecues and backyard gatherings.
- India-EU partnership can play important role in economic reconstruction and humanity-centric globalization: PM Modi.
- PM presents new Mantra of ‘skill, reskill and upskill’ for youth to remain relevant in changing business environment.
- HRD Minister launches most affordable COVID-19 test kit developed by IIT Delhi.
- Delhi: 1,647 fresh COVID-19 cases recorded; active cases stands at 17,807.
- Export of coir, coir products for 2019-20 registers an all-time high record
- UAE shows downward trend in number of Coronavirus cases.
- India has been a great partner of America: US Secy of State Mike Pompeo
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
PM Modi to deliver address at 75th anniversary of UN
- On July 17, 2020, PM Modi will deliver an address on the eve of 75th anniversary of the UN. The Prime Minister is to speak at the Valedictory of High-Level Segment of UN ECOSOC.
- The PM is addressing at the UN for the first time after India won its membership in United Nations Security Council. UNSC consists of 15 members.
- Out of this, 10 are non-permanent members and 5 are permanent members. India won its membership as non-permanent member. The permanent members are US, UK, Russia, China and France.
|ECOSOC||The United Nations Economic and Social Council holds high level meet every year. ECOSOC was established as one of the 6 principal organs of the United Nations. The first meeting of ECOSOC was held in 1946. India was the first president of ECOSOC.|
ADB appoints Ashok Lavasa as new Vice President
- On July 15, 2020, Ashok Lavasa was appointed as the vice president of Asian Development Bank. Ashok Lavasa, a 1980 batch retired IAS officer.
- He was serving as the Election Commissioner and is next in line to become Chief Election Commissioner. He has now been appointed as Vice President of ADB for Public-Private Partnerships and Private Sector Operations.
|About Lavasa – Lavasa would be the second election commissioner to step down from the poll panel before the completion of his term. Similar stepping down occurred in 1973 with Chief Election Commissioner Nagendra Singh. He was appointed as judge in the International Court of Justice at the Hague.|
Kerala: India’s 1st trans-shipment hub in Cochin port
- The Minister of State for Shipping Shri Manasukh Mandaviya reviewed the development activities of Vallarpadam terminal at Cochin. The terminal accommodates India’s first trans-shipment hub.
|Trans-Shipment Hub||A Trans-Shipment Hub handles containers and stores them temporarily. Later it transfers them to other ships for onward destination.
The Vallarpadam terminal of Cochin seaport where the hub is located is the most preferred gateway for South India and also a leading trans-shipment hub for South Asia
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Jio investment 1st, biggest of India investment plans: Google CEO Sundar Pichai
- Delhi: Google’s investment of $4.5 billion (Rs 33,737 Cr) in Jio Platforms Ltd, for 7.73 percent stake aims to accelerate India’s digital economy over the next five to seven years through a mix of equity investments, partnerships, & operational, infrastructure and ecosystem investments, CEO Sundar Pichai said.
|JIO||Indian telecommunications company & subsidiary of Jio Platforms|
- Micro blogging platform Twitter said on Wednesday it is launching a dedicated search prompt in India to help people stay updated with the latest information from authoritative sources around disaster relief and preparedness efforts.
|American microblogging and social networking service|
|CEO||Jack Dorsey (30 Sep 2015–)|
|Founders||Jack Dorsey, Evan Williams, Noah Glass, Biz Stone|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
India: HRD Minister has launches World’s Affordable COVID-19 kit “COROSURE”
- The Union Minister of Human Resource and Development Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishnak launched world’s most affordable COVID-19 kit. The kit was developed by IIT Delhi.
- The test called “COROSURE” has been billed as the world’s most affordable RT-PCR based COVID-19 diagnostic kit. The base price of the kit is Rs 399.
- Around 10 companies have been given licenses to manufacture the kit. The technology of preparing the kit is to be transferred to the companies by IIT.
Serum Institute for Pneumococcal Polysacchride Conjugate Vaccine: Approved by DCGI
- The Drug Controller General of India approved the 1st indigenously developed Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Conjugate Vaccine. Vaccine was developed by Serum Institute of India.
- The DCGI has approved Serum Institute to conduct phase I, phase II and phase III clinical trials of Pneumococcal Polysaccharide conjugate vaccine in the country.
- Similar trials have been conducted by the institute in Gambia. The clinical trial data was reviewed by a Special Expert Committee set up by DCGI.