Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL TATTOO DAY – On this day, recognizes the history, culture, and artists dedicated to etching ink permanently on the skin. The day might just be the date to get that ink you’ve been contemplating. Evidence of humans marking their bodies with permanent designs have existed for thousands of years.
WORLD EMOJI DAY – On this day, recognizes World Emoji Day and many of the world’s symbolic icons for digital calendars. Before the emoji, there were emoticons. Emoticons (emotion + icon) was developed as an expression of emotions in the cold hard texts that were devoid of them.
- Less than 2 percent COVID affected patients admitted in ICUs: Govt.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh to visit forward areas of J&K from tomorrow.
- Centre asks states to provide incentives to NCC certificate holders in direct recruitment examination of Police Forces.
- Agriculture Minister stresses on need to reduce dependence on imports, increase production of healthy foods, pulses & oilseeds.
- Shree Purushottam Priyadasji Swamishree Maharaj, Head priest of Maninagar Swaminarayan Gadi Sansthan, dies in Ahmedabad at the age of 78.
- India ranks 3rd behind China and US in global manufacturing locations among 48 nations: Cushman & Wakefield
- HP: 5 killed, 4 injured as vehicle falls into gorge in Chamba district.
- Assam: Rapid antigen rolled out across state to detect Covid-19 cases.
- J&K: IGP Vijay Kumar appeals people to wear masks, maintain social distancing & sanitization measures
- New Delhi says, South China Sea is part of global commons and India has abiding interest in peace & stability in region.
- PM Elyes Fakhfakh resigns over an alleged conflict of interest: Tunisia.
- PM Mette Frederiksen (42) marries filmmaker Bo Tengberg (55): Denmark.
- Indian diplomat Gaurav Ahluwalia meets Kulbhushan Jadhav: Pakistan
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Andhra Pradesh has launched 1st on-line NISHTHA programme for 1200 Key Resources Persons
- Union HRD Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriya ‘Nishank’ and Minister of State for HRD Shri Sanjay Dhotre virtually launched the first on-line NISHTHA programme for 1200 Key Resources Persons of Andhra Pradesh on 16 July.
- For training the remaining 24 lakh teachers and school heads, NISHTHA has been customized for online mode.
|Andhra Pradesh||State of India|
|Chief minister||Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy|
4th round of India-China border talks concludes
- On July 16, 2020, the 15-hour long India-China border talks concluded at 02:30 AM. The senior military commanders of the countries held discussions on the Indian side of the border in Ladakh.
- The commanders mainly discussed the de-escalation at Depsang and Pangong Tso. There was no statement from Indian side as several more rounds are required on the issue given the complexities involved.
Implementation Guidelines launched by Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund
- The Union Minister of fisheries, Husbandry and Dairying launched guidelines for Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund (AHIDF).
- The fund will help to increase milk production to 330 million tonnes by 2024. The Government of India is planning to increase milk processing up to 40 percent.
- The AHIDF will facilitate incentivization of investments to establish infrastructure for diary and meat processing.
NABARD launches Rs 44 lakhs worth projects in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development launched projects worth of Rs 44 lakhs in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- The projects have been launched to develop Self Help Groups and also to help in skill development of Self-Help Groups in the territory.
- Around 385 village level programmes are to be conducted and provide training to leaders of newly formed SHGs with an aid of Rs 10 lakhs.
|National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development(NABARD)||It is an apex development finance institution.|
|Purpose||Development assistance; Poverty Reduction|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
To be Held 2022 “Fédération Internationale de Football Association” (FIFA) World Cup in Qatar
- FIFA announced that the match schedule for World Cup 2022 will be held from 21 November to 18 December 2022 at the Al Bayt Stadium, Qatar. Four matches will be conducted per day.
- The tournament will be hosted in five cities & eight venues. DAVV University Time Table 2020
|FIFA President||Gianni Infantino|
|Founded at||Paris, France|
|Founded||May 21, 1904, Rue Saint-Honoré, Paris, France|
Indo-Italian Business Mission on Food Processing inaugurated
- The Union Minister of Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated the Digital Indo-Italian Business mission on Food Processing.
- The event is to be held for two days. During the event, trade fairs, digital conferences and back to back meetings are to be conducted. Around 23 Italian companies are to exhibit their products and services.
India-Bhutan open new trade route
- India & Bhutan opened a new trade route between Jaigon in West Bengal & Pasakha in Bhutan.
- The land route will help to move industrial raw materials and goods destined for Pasakha Industrial Estate. The route will help boost trade and commerce and will lead to decongestion of vehicular traffic. Bhutan is India’s closest partner.
India forms “Air Bubble” with US, UK, UAE, Germany and France
- The Union Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri announced that India is to resume operation of international commercial flights with France and US.
- The Government of India has signed agreements with US, UK, France and countries in UAE. Negotiations with Germany is in its final stages. The Ministry of Civil Aviation has planned to bring down the air travel charges by 25 percent.
Cyber Security: India-Israel sign agreements
- India and Israel signed agreements to expand their collaboration in dealing with cyber threats. The agreement was signed between Director General of Israel’s National Cyber Directorate (INCD) and India’s Ambassador to Israel Sanjeev Singla.
- The agreement also involved Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) that operates under Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and INCD. The agreement will expand the scope of exchange of information between the countries on cyber threats.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
Centre worried about the effects of micro lockdowns on macro recovery
- Extensive shutdowns being imposed with little warning by states have worried policymakers at the Centre as they threaten the revival of an economy stunted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The issue is being discussed by top government officials as the most recent economic indicators such as e-way bills, electricity demand and mobility indices suggest the recovery seen after opening up since June 1 may have lost momentum.
- India had imposed a nationwide lockdown on March 25 to curb the outbreak, easing it in phases to allow business activities to resume.