Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL ICE CREAM DAY – On this day, 3rd Sunday in July offers up every flavor on the menu to honor the day! Thousands of years ago, people in the Persian Empire put snow in a bowl, poured concentrated grape-juice over it, and ate it as a treat.
- Central Govt allows contributions from any person or institution in NDRF (National Disaster Response Fund)
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman says, G-20 Action Plan reflects a collective commitment to fight COVID-19.
- Income Tax Department rolls out new Form 26AS with an aim to assist Tax payers in filing quick and correct Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Virtual ministerial meeting of the U.S.-India Strategic Energy Partnership co-chaired by U.S. Secretary of Energy Dan Brouillette and Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and of Steel Dharmendra Pradhan.
- Chennai-based Arudra Engineering claims ownership of trademark ‘Coronil’ – also the name of Covid-19 medicine from Patanjali Ayurved
- Health Ministry releases guidelines for gated residential complexes willing to set up COVID care facilities.
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal orders inquiry into alleged coal mining activities at Dehing-Patkai wildlife sanctuary.
- Renowned mathematician C.S. Seshadri passes away in Chennai at the age of 88
- New blood test to trace coronavirus in 20 minutes developed at the Monash University in Melbourne, Australia.
- Nelson Mandela International Day observed on July 18; marks birth anniversary of South Africa’s first non-white President
- Former Australian wicket keeper Barry Jarman dies aged 84; played in 19 tests in 1959-69
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
India has signed MoU to store strategic reserves of petroleum in the United States
- India & US has signed MoU to begin discussions on storing petroleum reserves in the US soil. Strategic Energy Partnership Ministerial was held between the Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Shri Dharmendra Pradhan & Energy Secretary of US Dan Brouillette.
To boost Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan India launches Five portals
- Govt of India announced that five portals are being developed by different organizations to promote innovation in India. This will help boost Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan. The portals being developed are for specific sectors follows:
- BHEL for power sector
- CMFTI for manufacturing sector
- HMT for machine tools
- ICAT and ARAI for automotive sector.
|Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited(BHEL)||BHEL is an engg & manufacturing company based in New Delhi, India.|
Hindustan Machine Tools (HMT)
|Machine industry company|
|International Centre for Automotive Technology(ICAT)||It is located at Manesar in Gurugram district of Haryana state of India.|
|ICAT Headquarters||Manesar, Gurugram|
|Type of business||Homologation|
PM SVANidhi app launched
- PM SVANidhi app was launched by the Minister of Urban Affairs. The application aims to provide user-friendly digital interface for lending institutions and their functionaries to source and process loan applications of street vendors.
- The application will help in enabling business correspondents of micro lending institutions, banks, Non-Banking Financial Corporation to get maximum coverage. The application will also provide paper-less lending facilities.
Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs Departments National Institute of Urban Affairs Officeholders Hardeep Singh Puri (Union Minister), Narendra Singh Tomar (Union Minister)
Kerala: Community Transmission of COVID-19 confirmed
- The CM of Kerala, Pinarayi Vijayan has confirmed community transmission in Kerala.
- According to the State Govt of Kerala, community transmission has occurred in two coastal hamlets near capital Thiruvananthapuram.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India-Russia plan joint projects in Asia and Africa
- India & Russia held a virtual meeting on “India-Russia Relations in the context of post-pandemic global order”. The meet was organized by Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) and Russian International Affairs Council (RIAC).
- The conference was initiated in 2017 and was being held alternately in Moscow and New Delhi. The experts attending the conference discussed potential of digital technologies to activate economic relations and reforms.
- The countries agreed to create an ecosystem of startups to develop Information Technology.
|Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA)||ICWA was established in 1943. It was declared as an institution of national importance in 2001. The ICWA is a member of of United Nations Academic Impact.|
|Russian International Affairs Council(RIAC)||RIAC is a non-profit academic and diplomatic think tank established by the presidential decree dated 2 February 2010.|
|Founder||Ministry of Education & Science|
UN’s: Tehrik-i-Taliban chief Baitullah Mehsud of Pakistan declared global terrorist
- The United Nations Security Council has added Baitullah Mehsud of Pakistan to ISIL and Al-Qaida sanctions list.
- This has brought in asset freeze, travel ban and arms embargo to the Pakistani national.
India-US hold ministerial meet on Energy Partnership
- India and US held a strategic virtual energy partnership meet to review the progress of major accomplishments and also to prioritize new areas of cooperation.
- India and US after the ministerial meet announced new areas of research on transformational power generation. The research is based on supercritical power cycles. The countries will also work together on advanced coal technologies including carbon capture, storage and utilization.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
Gold imports dip 94 pc in April-June to USD 688 million, narrows India’s trade deficit
- Gold imports, which have a bearing on the current account deficit (CAD), plunged 94 per cent to USD 688 million (about Rs 5,160 crore) during the first quarter of 2020-21 due to a significant fall in demand in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, according to data from the Commerce Ministry.
- Imports of the yellow metal stood at USD 11.5 billion (about Rs 86,250 crore) in the corresponding period of 2019-20.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Twitter says hackers ‘manipulated’ employees to access accounts
- Twitter said Saturday that hackers “manipulated” some of its employees to access accounts in a high-profile attack, including those of Joe Biden and Elon Musk, and apologized profusely for the breach.
- Posts trying to dupe people into sending the hackers Bitcoin were tweeted by the official accounts of Apple, Uber, Bill Gates and many others on Wednesday, forcing Twitter to lock large numbers of accounts in damage control.