Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
- National Teachers’ Award 2020 presented in a virtual ceremony
- September 5 celebrated as Teachers’ day in India; birth anniversary of former President Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
- Work from home a new normal but hits productivity, say Mumbaikars as pandemic ensues
- MoTA (Ministry of Tribal Affairs) and IIPA (Indian Institute of Public Administration) organize ‘National Tribal Research Conclave’ on Sept 3-4
- President Kovind, PM Modi to address Governors’ Conference on NEP 2020
- Nirmala Sitharaman, Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs, announced the 4th edition of Business Reform Action Plan (BRAP) ranking of states and UTs
- Landmark SC judgement on basic structure of Constitution came on Kerala seer Bharati’s plea
- Virtual meeting of BRICS Foreign Ministers convened by Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov; External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar attended
- India sending two teams to UN missions for Covid effort to Democratic Republic of Congo and South Sudan
- Japanese companies relocating from China to India, Bangladesh to get Japan govt’s subsidy
- Iran has more than 10 times the amount of enriched uranium permitted under an international agreement (2015): International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- DGCA orders airlines to resume pre-flight alcohol tests for pilots and cabin crew members; were suspended from March 29
- 60th annual session of ACMA (Automotive Component Manufacturers Association) organised; addressed by Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal
- RBI revises audit norms for banks to improve risk management systems
- Amul to invest Rs 1,500 crore in 2 years to set up dairy, edible oil, bakery, potato processing plants
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation manages to save golf course that houses oil wells
- Require long-term regulatory roadmap to increase automobile sector contribution to GDP: NRI India
- Thriveni Earthmovers bags Rs 31,428 cr contract to develop, operate NTPC’s coal mine in Chhattisgarh
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Assam Government: Kaziranga park set to be expanded by 3,053 hectares
- Assam Govt recently added 3,053 hectares (884 sq km) to Kaziranga National Park. Kaziranga is home to Asiatic one-horned rhinos. The additions will connect the park with Karbi Anglong hills and Nameri National Park.
- The areas are being added after 35 years. The Kaziranga National Park hosts two-thirds of world’s great one-horned rhinoceroses. It is a world heritage site. It was declared a national park in 1974. It was declared a tiger reserve in 2007.The IUCN status of one-horned rhinos is “Vulnerable”. It was updated from “threatened” in April 2020.
|Assam||A state in northeastern India|
|Chief minister||Sarbananda Sonowal|
MHA directs states to review parole, furlough rules
- The Ministry has said that the release of prisoners on parole and furlough is not an “absolute right” and should be allowed only based on well-defined eligibility norms. It called on the states to not include those involved in heinous crimes, riots, dacoity and such crimes to be released on parole or furlough.
Assam government: re-launches Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment (SVAYEM) scheme to boost self-employment
- SVAYEM was relaunched to provide self-employment to around 2 lakh youths in the state. Under the scheme, select youths are to be provided with Rs.50,000 as seed money to enable them to start business ventures.
Andhra Pradesh tops ease of business ranking again
- According to the State Business Reform Action Plan Ranking released by Commerce Ministry, Andhra Pradesh retained the top position, followed by Uttar Pradesh & Telangana.
|Andhra Pradesh||State of India|
|Chief minister||Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy|
India’s 1st bullet train project stares at Five years delay
- Railways is expecting the project to be commissioned fully by October 2028, a delay from the original timeline of December 2023. This is because of challenges like low participation by Japanese companies and cancellation by tenders.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
China successfully launches reusable experimental spacecraft
- The spacecraft was launched on a Long March 2F carrier rocket from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in northwest China. The details regarding this mission is kept a secret.
|China||Country in East Asia|
Trump announces historic pact between former foes
- US President Donald Trump announced that former foes Kosovo and Serbia have agreed on a historic pact to normalise economic relations. Serbia and its former territory, which declared independence in 2008, has had tense relations over a bloody war fought 2 decades ago.
India attends BRICS Culture Ministers Meet
- Sep 4, 2020, the Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism Shri Prahlad Singh Patel attended the 5th BRICS Culture Ministers Meet. It was held under the chairmanship of the Russian Federation.
|BRICS||Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.|
|State Leaders||Jair Bolsonaro; Vladimir Putin; Narendra Modi; Xi Jinping; Cyril Ramaphosa|
|Founders||India, China, Brazil, Russia|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Finance ministry report expects a sharp V-shaped recovery
- In a fresh assessment after the quarterly GDP recorded a 23.9% contraction, the Monthly Economic Report of Department of Economic Affairs estimates a V-shaped recovery. At the same time, it also noted the apparent disconnect between financial and real sectors.
Ministry of Finance launches Business Reforms Action Plan ranking of states
- On Sep 5, 2020, Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs launched the fourth edition of Business Reforms Action Plan ranking of states.
- The rankings are being launched since 2015. The Business Reform Action Plan 2018-19 includes 180 reform points that covers business regulatory areas such as Single Window System, Access to Information, Labour, Environment, etc. This time the ranking gives full weightage to feedback to over 30,000 respondents.The top ten ranks under the State Reform Action, 2019 are as follows
- Rank 1: Andhra Pradesh
- Rank 2: Uttar Pradesh
- Rank 3: Telangana
- Rank 4: Jharkhand
- Rank 5: Madhya Pradesh
- Rank 6: Chhattisgarh
- Rank 7: Himachal Pradesh
- Rank 8: Rajasthan
- Rank 9: West Bengal
- Rank 10: Gujarat
|Ministry of Finance responsible||Nirmala Sitharaman, Cabinet Minister;|
|Founded||29 October 1946|
|Officeholders||P. Radhakrishnan (Minister of State), Shiv Pratap Shukla (Minister of State), Nirmala Sitharaman (Minister)|