Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
- Harsh Vardhan says N95 masks with respirator valves do not prevent coronavirus; appeals everyone to use triple layer mask made of cloth.
- Govt extends work from home for IT, BPO companies till Dec 31 due to COVID-19.
- Annual Amarnath Yatra 2020 cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- N-95 masks with valved respirators ineffective against Covid-19: Centre tells States/UTs
- Madhya Pradesh Governor Lalji Tandon dies in Lucknow at 85.
- Delhi: ‘Mukhya Mantri Ghar Ghar Ration Yojana’ announced to deliver ration at doorsteps of beneficiaries.
- Flood situation deteriorates in Bihar following heavy rains.
- Beijing using Covid crisis to bully its neighbours, militarise South China Sea: Mike Pompeo.
- First trial containership from Kolkata named ‘MV Shejyoti’ arrives in Bangladesh’s Chattogram port.
- U.S. adds 11 Chinese companies to economic blacklist over treatment of Uighurs in Xinjiang province.
- Legislation slamming Chinese aggression in Asia passed by US House of Representatives.
- Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg awarded 1 million-euro Gulbenkian Prize for Humanity in Portugal
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
In Delhi Mukhyamantri Ghar Ghar Ration Yojana launched
- CM Arvind Kejriwal has launched “Mukhya Mantri Ghar Ghar Ration Yojana”. The scheme is to help the eligible beneficiaries get ration delivered at home.
- The scheme is to run for 6-7 months. Under the scheme, the Delhi govt will deliver wheat, rice, flour and sugar in hygienically packed bags.
- The packets are to be delivered at door step of the people. The Delhi Government is to start One Nation One Ration Card scheme and Mukhya Mantri Ghar Yojana on the same day.
|Delhi||City in India|
|Chief minister||Arvind Kejriwal|
Sero-Prevalence Study conducted in Delhi by National Centre for Disease Control
- The National Centre for Disease control operating under Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has commissioned sero-surveillance study in New Delhi.
- The study was conducted in collaboration with National Centre for Disease Control and Delhi Government. The survey was conducted in all districts of Delhi between 27th June, 2020 and 10th July, 2020.
- The sera of selected individual were tested for IgG antibodies. The antibodies were identified using COVID KAVACH ELISA test. The test has been approved by ICMR.
|Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt of India||Government ministry|
|Departments||Department of AIDS Control, Suraksha Clinic, Department of Health Research|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India Business Council to host 45th India Ideas Summit 2020
- The India Business Council is to host India Ideas Summit 2020. PM Modi is to address the summit.
- The Summit will convene government leaders and business men for discussion about US-India partnership and trends in shaping trade and investment, globalization and future works.
- This year summit is to focus on the following Focus: Building a Better Future
Powerful 7.8 earthquake hits Alaska isles, tsunami advisory issued
- ANCHORAGE: A powerful 7.8 earthquake has struck the Alaska Peninsula and a tsunami warning has been issued.
- According to the U.S. Geological Survey, the 7.8 magnitude quake struck Tuesday at about 11:12 p.m. PST.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
Four P-8I aircrafts to arrive India in 2021
- The Defence Acquisition Council cleared the purchase of six P-8I aircrafts in 2019. Of this, four are to arrive in 2021. There are talks to acquire six more.
- The P-8I aircrafts are mainly used for maritime surveillance purposes. India’s long-range reconnaissance, anti-submarine, electronic jamming and surveillance capabilities in the Indian Ocean Region will get a boost with the arrival of P-8I.
|P-8I||It is integrated with Harpon Block II air launched missiles and lightweight torpedoes. It is capable of carrying 129 sonobuoys that locate submarines and can also launch anti-ship missiles killing the submarine.|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
SAIL can now produce Super Duplex Stainless Steel in SS 32205 grade at its Salem plant
- Kolkata: Steel Authority of India Limited NSE -1.12 % (SAIL), has developed the capability to produce Super Duplex Stainless Steel in SS 32205 grade at its Salem Steel Plant (SSP), in a significant technological breakthrough.
- With this, SAIL has emerged among the few Indian steelmakers to have developed this grade of steel. This grade of stainless steel has so far been mainly imported. The Super Duplex Stainless Steel has superior corrosion resistance with higher strength and formability.
- Due to these characteristics, it can be effectively used in various applications in corrosion prone areas, mainly in chemical processing equipment (transport and storage, pressure vessels, tanks, piping and heat exhaust), oil & gas exploration (process equipment, pipes, tubing, marine & other high chloride environments), pulp & paper industries (digesters and bleaching equipment), food processing equipment and biofuel plants.
E-commerce platforms have to display country of origin on imported products: Centre to HC
- New Delhi: E-commerce sites like Amazon, Flipkart and Snapdeal have to ensure that the country of origin is displayed on imported products sold on their platforms, the Centre told the Delhi High Court on Wednesday.
- The submission was made in an affidavit placed before a bench of Chief Justice D N Patel and Justice Prateek Jalan by the central govt which said that according to the Legal Metrology Act & Rules e-commerce sites have to ensure country of origin is displayed on the “digital and electronic network used for e-commerce transactions“.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
IT & ITeS industry has extended till December 31, 2020: Work-from-home exemption
- Dept of telecom has extended the exemption given to the IT & ITeS industry to work from home till December this year.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AGRICULTURE
Rising water crisis forces Indian farmers to rethink their crops selection
- On a scorching summer day in northern India, Ajay Singh sat next to his water pump and scanned his 10 acres of farmland.
- He once used to grow rice each season to bring in about Rs 150,000 ($2,000) a year, well above the average income in the world’s second-most populous country.
- Now on six acres he’s cultivating pearl millet, cow peas, bottle gourd and corn — crops that consume about 80% less water than rice, and also use less labor, fertilizer and electricity.