Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
- Trials of helicopter-launched anti-tank guided missile Dhruvastra held in Odisha; earlier called Nag missile (HELINA).
- PM Modi says North East has potential to become India’s growth engine.
- PM says, govt continuing Jal Jeevan Mission as a tireless campaign even during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Home Minister Amit Shah asserts, new reforms introduced in last 6 years made coal sector globally competitive.
- Seven lakh 82 thousand 607 people affected with Corona virus recovered so far
- 700 MW Kakrapar Atomic Power Plant-3 (KAAP-3) in Gujarat achieves criticality; can now generate power.
- Govt. extends work-from-home exemption for IT & ITeS industry till December 31, 2020.
- Pune-based Serum Institute of India to make 1 billion doses of Oxford University’s COVID-19 vaccine.
- Nine fresh Coronavirus positive cases reported in Mizoram.
- First ever container cargo from Kolkata via Chattogram port reaches Agartala.
- No respite from flood fury in Assam
- Ravi Shankar Prasad addresses virtual G20 Digital Economy Ministers meeting.
- World leaders to submit pre-recorded video statements for UN General Assembly
- US House of Representatives passes legislation urging China to peacefully de-escalate the situation with India along the Line of Actual Control.
- Ethiopia, Egypt and Sudan to resume talks to break a deadlock on Ethiopia’s Grand Renaissance Dam reservoir on Nile
- UK opens route to obtaining British citizenship for eligible residents from Hong Kong from January 2021
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
India has supplied 20.60 Metric tonnes(MT) of DDT to South Africa for Malaria control program
- Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers stated that HIL (India) Limited, a PSU under the Ministry, has supplied 20.60 Metric tonnes (MT) of DDT (dichloro-diphenyl-trichloroethane) 75 percent WP to South Africa for their Malaria control program on 22 July 2020. The Department of Health, South Africa will utilize the DDT in three provinces adjoining Mozambique.
- These provinces have highly affected by Malaria and it has reported maximum morbidity and mortality due to the disease in recent years.
|South Africa||Country in Southern Africa|
|Capitals||Cape Town, Pretoria, Bloemfontein|
|Currency||South African rand|
National Award of Excellence for Outstanding Research in Forestry Award to Kannan C S Warrier received 2019
- Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE) awarded Kannan C S Warrier, Senior principal of Institute of Forest Genetics and Tree Breeding (IFGTB) scientist, the National Award of Excellence for Outstanding Research in Forestry for the year 2019.
- Kannan C S Warrier was awarded for releasing three productive clones of casuarina, known as kattadi and savukku.
|Indian Council of Forestry Research & Education (ICFRE)||ICFRE functions under the Ministry of Environment and Forests. The autonomous organization was established in 1986. It is headquartered in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.|
Union Home Minister Amit Shah to launch Vriksharopan Abhiyan
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah is to launch Vriksharopan Abhiyan in New Delhi on 23 July. The Union Home Minister will also inaugurate and lay the Foundation stone of 6 Eco parks/ Tourism sites.
- The inauguration event will take place through Video Conferencing across more than 130 locations spread in 38 Districts of 10 coal and lignite bearing States. Large scale plantation to be carried out by Coal/Lignite PSUs under Coal Ministry.
- Vriksharopan Abhiyan is organized by the Ministry of Coal.
NPCI launches UPI Auto Pay Feature
- The National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) launched UPI Auto Pay feature for recurring payments.
- The feature launched is dedicated to recurring payments. It can be used for multiple financial purposes such as booking bus pass, utility payment, paying DTH, train ticket among others.
|National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) Headquarters location||Mumbai|
|Founders||Reserve Bank of India, Indian Banks’ Association|
Actor Sonu Sood launches “Pravasi Rojgar App”
- Actor Sonu Sood launched “Pravasi Rojgar App”. The application provides all necessary information to find jobs and offer specific job training programmes.
- The actor has been helping migrant workers reach their homes during lock down. The application “Pravasi Rojgar” will act as a platform for the workers to find right job opportunities.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
DRDO has established COVID-19 Testing Facility at DIHAR, Leh
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has established a COVID-19 testing facility at the Leh based laboratory Defence Institute of High Altitude Research (DIHAR). The centre was inaugurated by Lieutenant Governor of Ladakh, RK Mathur on 22 July 2020.
- The aim is to enhance the rate of testing to identify the COVID-19 cases in the Union Territory of Ladakh. COVID-19 testing facility will help in keeping close watch of the infected persons.
- The facility has been established in a way that it meets the safety standards and guidelines of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
|Defence Institute of High Altitude Research(DIHAR)||DIHAR is DRDO’s life sciences laboratories that function on cold arid agro-animal technologies. The laboratory screens and identifies the medicinal and aromatic plants to exploit them for use for defence purposes and on greenhouse technologies for high altitude and cold desert areas.|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
No free lunches: Rajan says monetisation by RBI has a cost and cannot be everlasting
- Former RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan on Thursday said the central bank has been expanding its balance sheet and buying govt debt on the back of excess liquidity amid the economic slowdown but cautioned that this comes at a cost & cannot be a lasting solution.
- He said central banks in many emerging markets are resorting to such strategies and disagreed with votaries of the “modern monetary theory” who support this, making it clear that there are no free lunches.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
China successfully launched a rover to Mars
- China successfully launched a rover to Mars on 23 July 2020, which is another milestone for its space programme. China’s Mars probe was launched from the southern island of Hainan, China.
- The Mars mission was named Tianwen-1 meaning “Questions to Heaven” in a nod to a classical Chinese poem that has verses about the cosmos.
To fight COVID-19 spread SNBNCBS has developed an active respirator mask and Nano-sanitizer
- S.N. Bose National Centre For Basic Sciences (SNBNCBS), Kolkata, has developed an active respirator mask with attached exhalation valve and suspended particulate matter filter for comfortable and hygienic breathing while wearing masks.
- The Active Respirator mask which was developed by SNBNCBS is an innovative solution to the rebreathing of carbon dioxide to solve exhaled moisture and sweaty and hot environment inside the mask.