Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL THERMAL ENGINEER DAY – On this day, It is an excellent day to acknowledge National Thermal Engineer Day. Celebrate the contributions of thermal engineers on one of the hottest days of the year. Electronics thermal management is pivotal for its longevity and reliable operations.
NATIONAL COUSINS DAY – On this day, it recognizes the lifelong relationships that grow among cousins. Our first friendships often form with cousins as young as infants & endure a lifetime.
- India to boost Rafale capabilities with HAMMER missiles from France via emergency order.
- Govt issues guidelines regarding celebration of I-Day on 15th August amidst COVID-19
- India’s first radio broadcast was from Bombay Station under the Indian Broadcasting Company on July 23, 1927.
- Record number of 34,602 people recovered from COVID-19 across country in last 24 hours
- Union MSME Minister Nitin Gadkari launches mentoring platform www.restartindia.in conceptualised by Muthoot Fincorp and INKtalks
- Govt. approves grant of permanent commission to Short Service Commissioned (SSC) women officers in all streams of the Indian Army.
- NITs, all other centrally-funded technical institutes to drop Class 12 marks criteria: HRD Minister
- Rajasthan HC orders maintaining of status quo on disqualification notices to Sachin Pilot,18 other dissident MLAs.
- Flood situation remains grim in Assam, Bihar.
- President flags off Red Cross Relief Material for people hit by flood & COVID-19 in Assam, Bihar, UP
- Mumbai adopts innovative ideas to contain COVID-19 pandemic
- Bangladesh: High Commissioner Riva Ganguly Das inaugurates India-funded school building in Chattogram.
- US seeks new ‘alliance of democracies’ to take on authoritarian Chinese regime: Pompeo.
- China orders US to shut consulate in city of Chengdu after the closure of Chinese consulate
- Coronavirus protein redesigned in lab, may enable faster & stable vaccine production
- Trump launches ‘Operation Legend’ to send federal agents to more U.S. cities to fight violent crime
- China launches first Mars probe ‘Tianwen 1’ (Quest for Heavenly Truth 1) from Wenchang Spacecraft Launch Site.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Karnataka: Cabinet approves Karnataka Digital Economy Mission
- Karnataka State Govt approved the formation of the Karnataka Digital Economy Mission. The Mission was aimed to promote over 7,000 start-ups, e-commerce, and other gig economy companies in the State.
- Karnataka Digital Economy Mission or new company will be incorporated under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013 with the Govt of Karnataka holding 49% & the remaining 51% by the industries and other stakeholders.
- Previously, startups, e-commerce, and gig economy companies operated under a previous technology mission. They were governed by three to four govt agencies. Now, after the launch of the Mission, it will be under one roof.
|Karnataka||State of India|
|Chief minister||B. S. Yediyurappa|
|Capital||Bengaluru (Executive Branch)|
Govt to revitalize Fertilizer Industry to boost indigenous production
- Government of India (GoI) has announced that it is to take various initiatives to boost the fertilizer sector so that an adequate amount of fertilizers could be made available to farmers during the sowing season. The information was made by the Union Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers DV Sadananda Gowda.
- GoI is to revive the closed fertilizer units of Fertilizer Corporation of India (FCIL) at Ramagundam, Talcher, Gorakhpur & Sindri, and Himachal Futuristic Communications Ltd. (HFCL) unit at Barauni.
|Minister of Chemicals & Fertilizers Headquarters||New Delhi|
|Departments||Department of Pharmaceuticals, Department of Fertilizers, Department of Chemicals & Petro-Chemicals|
|Officeholders||Rao Inderjit Singh (MOS independent charge), Mansukh L. Mandaviya (Minister of State)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
For the 1st time United Nations General Assembly to go virtual
- The 75th United Nations General Assembly is to be conducted virtually in 2020 for the first time in its history. The 2020 session is to begin on Sep 15.
- The main highlights of the 2020 UNGA are as follows:
- Biodiversity Summit
- A high-level meeting to celebrate 25th anniversary of fourth world conference
- Climate Week
|United Nations General Assembly President||Tijjani Muhammad-Bande|
|Headquarters||New York, New York, United States|
|Founded||1945, New York, New York, United States|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Airtel rejects Trai concerns around Platinum plan, says service to 1-1.5% of its user base doesn’t hurt rest
- KOLKATA: Bharti Airtel NSE -1.20 % has rejected the telecom regulator’s concerns over its premium Platinum tariff, saying offering the service to “only a minuscule 1-1.5% of its (user) base,” who account for less than 10% of revenue, won’t affect service quality for the rest, a fact which has been validated by network checks.
- “Airtel would certainly not want to risk providing inferior or poor quality (service) to 98% of its customers (who provide 90% of its revenues) while implementing this (Platinum) feature,” the Sunil Mittal-led telco said in its response to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India’s questions about its Platinum plan.
|Airtel CEO:||Gopal Vittal (1 Mar 2013–)|
|Founder||Sunil Bharti Mittal|
On India-UK routes SpiceJet designated as “Indian scheduled carrier” to operate flights
- Mumbai: SpiceJet NSE 2.02 % has been designated as “Indian scheduled carrier” to operate flight services to the UK from India, the Gurugram-based no-frills airline said in a regulatory filing on Friday.
- On Thursday, the airline was allowed to fly on India-US routes by the governments of the two countries under the bilateral air services pact.
|SpiceJet CEO||Ajay Singh (21 May 2015–)|
|Founders||Ajay Singh, Bhupendra S. Kansagra|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
India: 1st in-orbit space debris monitoring & tracking system
- A Space start up called the Digantara has developed India’s first in-orbit space debris monitoring and tracking system. The system works on LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) technology.
- The system developed by the start up will provide global real-time earth surveillance. This is to be achieved by deploying a constellation of cost-efficient nano satellites in the Low Earth Orbit.
- A Low Earth Orbit lies at an altitude of less than 1000 km. The system will help international space agencies to track and map space debris. This will aid to minimize the major threats of future space exploration.
India-Israel to develop 30 seconds rapid COVID-19 test
- India and Israel are to launch a cooperation operation to develop a rapid COVID-19 test.
- The cooperation between the countries will merge India’s mass production and technological expertise of Israel. To achieve this, Israel is to send high level research delegation to India. The team will conduct series of final stages of testing and this is a part of the cooperation.
ANASIS II: First-ever military satellite of South Korea
- South Korea recently launched its first ever military satellite to defend itself against nuclear armed North Korea. The satellite has been named “ANASIS II”
- The ANASIS II of South Korea was launched from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, US in a Falcon 9 rocket. The satellite is to be placed at an orbit of 36,000 km. It will take two weeks for the rocket to reach the orbit.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AGRICULTURE
Agriculture ministry to share taxpayers’ information with I-T dept for PM-KISAN scheme
- Ministry of Agriculture will have to share information of taxpayers with income tax department for identifying the eligible beneficiaries under the PM-KISAN scheme, the Central Board of Direct Taxes has notified.
- “In pursuance of sub-clause (ii) of clause (a) of sub-section (1) of Section 138 of the Income-tax Act, 1961, the Central Govt hereby specifies joint secretary (farmers welfare), department of agriculture, cooperation & farmers welfare, ministry of agriculture and farmers welfare, for the purposes of the said clause in connection with sharing of information regarding income-tax assess for identifying the eligible beneficiaries under PM-KISAN Yojana,” the Board said in a notification dated July 23.
|Ministry of Agriculture||Government ministry|
|Head Quarters||New Delhi|