Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL WINE AND CHEESE DAY – On this day, we celebrate the ultimate pairing of wine and cheese. It provides an opportunity to sample some of our favorites. The pairing of wines and cheese has been a regionalized tradition.
NATIONAL THREAD THE NEEDLE DAY – On this day, National Thread The Needle Day is observed annually on July 25th.
- India achieves remarkable feat of conducting more than four lakh COVID-19 tests in single day.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh holds telephonic conversation with his Israeli counterpart Lt Gen Benjamin Gantz.
- Covid-19 crisis could push up non-performing assets quite significantly, says RBI in its Financial Stability Report.
- Two terrorists killed by security forces on outskirts of Srinagar.
- Department of Biotechnology supports production scale-up of test kits from Mylab.
- Relief & rescue operations continue in flood hit Assam, Bihar.
- Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan tests positive for Covid-19.
- Won’t lift lockdown just to address economic concerns: Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray
- J&K govt evacuates more than 2,60,000 stranded residents from various states, UTs
- India, UK affirm their commitment towards Free Trade Agreement.
- Chinese phone companies see 10% YoY market share gain, overall share came down (quarter-on-quarter) to 72%.
- Trump administration relaxes standards for exporting drones.
- Diplomatic row between US, China escalates
- Coronavirus: World Health Organization chief scientist Dr. Soumya Swaminathan sees no herd immunity yet.
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare participates in Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Health Minister’s Digital Meet.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
GoI launched online system to issue transit permits for timber, forest produce
- The Ministry of Environment launched the National Transit Pass System (NTPS), an online system for issuing transit permits for timber, bamboo, and other forest produce. It was virtually inaugurated by the Union Minister of Environment Prakash Javadekar.
- The System will make the process of getting permits faster and without physically going to forest department offices. The pilot project will function in the states of Madhya Pradesh and Telangana fro now. The NTPS will enhance the seamless movement of forest produce.
|Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change||Govt ministry|
|Officeholders||Babul Supriyo (Minister of State), Prakash Javadekar (Minister)|
|Departments||Indian Council of Forestry Research & Education, National Centre for Sustainable Coastal Management|
Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare Minister: Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated World Class State of the Art Honey Testing Lab
- Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated the ‘World Class State of Art Honey Testing Laboratory’ in Anand, Gujarat through Video Conference. The laboratory was established by National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) with support of the National Bee Board (NBB). The move is in line with PM Narendra Modi’s vision to bring sweet revolution in India.
- The establishment of Laboratory will encourage large number of famers for production and marketing of Honey and earn more profit in agriculture.
|National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) Founder||Verghese Kurien|
|Founded||July 16, 1965|
|Subsidiaries||IDMC Ltd., NDDB Dairy Services, Indian Immunologicals Limited, Mother Dairy Fruit & Vegetable Pvt. Ltd.|
Indian Railways to Radio-Frequency Identification Tags (RFID) Tag all wagons by December 2022
- Indian Railways is planning to radio-frequency identification tags (RFID) Tag all wagons by the end of 2022.
- Indian Railways is expected to complete this process of fitting RFID in all the wagons by December 2022.
Dr. Harsh Vardhan represents India at SCO Health Ministers Digital Meet
- Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, virtually participated in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Health Minister’s Digital Meet on 24th July. The meeting was chaired by Mr. Mikhail Murashko, Minister of Health of the Russian Federation.
- The Ministers discussed the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, as it was the key topic of discussion. India proposed to set up a Sub-Group on Traditional Medicine under the existing Institutional Meetings of the SCO Health Ministers to fulfill the WHO Traditional Medicine Strategy 2014-2023.
|Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Headquarters||Beijing, China|
|Founders||China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
“China and Pakistan enter ‘secret deal’ to expand bio-warfare tools,” says an Australian investigative journalist
- China & Pakistan may have allegedly entered a “secret three-year deal” to expand potential bio-warfare capabilities, including running several research projects related to the deadly agent anthrax, according to an Australia based investigative journalist Anthony Klan.
- “China’s now infamous Wuhan Institute of Virology has signed the covert deal with Pakistan military’s Defense Science and Technology Organization (DESTO), to collaborate research in “emerging infectious diseases” and advance studies on the biological control of transmitted diseases,” Klan alleged in his recent article titled “China’s Wuhan lab operating “covert operations” in Pakistan, creating “anthrax-like” pathogens.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
The supply chain to save the world is unprepared for a coronavirus vaccine
- The industries that shepherd goods around the world on ships, planes and trucks acknowledge they aren’t ready to handle the epic challenges of shipping an eventual Covid-19 vaccine from drugmakers to billions of people.
- Already stretched thin by the pandemic, freight companies face problems ranging from shrinking capacity on container ships and cargo aircraft to a lack of visibility on when a vaccine will arrive.
- Shippers have struggled for years to reduce cumbersome paperwork & upgrade old technology that, unless addressed soon, will slow the relay race to transport fragile vials of medicine in unprecedented quantities.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
DPIIT-led panel to vet GeM vendors from neighbouring countries, restrict Chinese suppliers
- All vendors registered on the govt e-Marketplace (GeM) will now have to furnish a certificate declaring their compliance with the new procurement norms that seek to restrict suppliers of Chinese origin.
- The Dept for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) will soon set up a committee to vet all applications from countries that India shares a border with for prior registration and security clearance.
|Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT)||Government department|
|Parent organization||Ministry of Commerce and Industry|