Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL AUNT AND UNCLE’S DAY – On this day, honors a special set of relatives we look up to throughout our lives. During holidays, family events, and sometimes sleepovers, aunts and uncles often hold an extraordinary place in our hearts.
NATIONAL PARENTS’ DAY – On this day, honors all parents on the fourth Sunday in July. In May we celebrated mothers, and in June we celebrated fathers.
Top One-Line Headlines
- PM Modi salutes brave soldiers; lauds Indian Army on the occasion of Kargil Vijay Diwas.
- Mann Ki Baat: PM emphasises on importance of remaining extra vigilant as Corona crisis is far from over.
- Covid-19 recovery rate in country stands at 63.91%
- 50 new COVID -19 cases reported in Nagaland, total tally at 1,339.
- Sikkim extends lockdown till August 1
- South China Sea is not Beijing’s maritime empire: US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
- Maldives celebrates 55th Independence Day.
- WHO reports record daily spike in COVID-19 cases
- Two-wheeler sales on recovery path across domestic, export markets: Bajaj Auto.
- BPCL offers voluntary retirement scheme to employees ahead of privatisation.
- Pakistanis head terror groups ISIL-K, AQIS, TTP; not yet blacklisted: UN report
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Rajasthan: Launches the 1st plasma bank
- Rajasthan Govt is to set up the first plasma bank of the state in Jaipur. The first ever plasma bank of India was established in Delhi.
- Following Delhi, the state governments of Kerala, Odisha started plasma banks. Maharashtra Government recently announced that about its launch of plasma banks in Malegaon and Dharavi.
- The plasma banks set up by the state governments operate within the states. On the other hand, the plasma bank launched in Delhi operates at national level. The 2nd national level plasma bank is to be opened in Tamil Nadu
|Rajasthan||State of India|
|Chief minister||Ashok Gehlot|
PM Modi is to launch three new high-throughput labs of ICMR
- On July 27, 2020, PM Modi is to launch three new high-throughput labs of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- The Govt of India recently adopted Test, Track, and Treat Strategy to detect COVID-19 in its early stages. The 3Ts are to act as the major strategy to contain the virus in the country. In order to achieve this, new high-throughput labs have been launched by ICMR.
|Indian Council of Medical Research Headquarters||New Delhi|
|Secretary and Director General||Dr. Balram Bhargava|
|Founder||Government of India|
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan: TRIFED signs MoU with IIT, Delhi
- The TRIFED operating under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs has signed an agreement with IIT Delhi to implement Unnat Bharat Abhiyan.
- The Agreement was signed for the tribal entrepreneurs working under the Van Dhan programme of TRIFED to access 2600+ research works of several institutions that are part of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan.
- With the new agreement, the tribal forest dwellers engaged in Minor Forest Produce will be able to access new processing technologies, mentorship transformational digital systems, product innovation and handholding.
|Ministry of Tribal Affairs Officeholder||Jasvantsinh Sumanbhai Bhabhor (Minister of State)|
|Headquarters||Shastri Bhawan, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road, New Delhi – 110 011|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
French Refinery toxic chemicals leaks into Mediterranean Sea
- An orange brown chemical spread over 6 hectares of nationally recognised marine life area in the French Mediterranean Sea.
- The chemical spread was mainly due to the leak at a petrochemical plant in the southern France. The leak at the American-owned chemical company Kem-One spilled 200 gallons of iron chloride into the sea.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
403 infrastructure projects show cost overruns of Rs 4.05 lakh crore owing to delays
- As many as 403 infrastructure projects, each worth Rs 150 cr or more, have been hit by cost overruns of over Rs 4.05 lakh crore owing to delays and other reasons, according to a report.
- The Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation monitors infrastructure projects worth Rs 150 crore and above. Of the 1,686 such projects, 403 reported cost overruns and 530 time escalation.
Amway India to invest additional Rs 100 cr in two years to fund growth plans: CEO
- Direct selling FMCG firm Amway India is looking to invest an additional Rs 100 Cr over the next 02 years to fuel its future growth plans in the country, a top company official has said.
- Sensing growth opportunities in online sales due to changing consumer behaviour amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the company is working on boosting its supply chain and home delivery network to meet customer requirements.
|Amway||Multi-level marketing company|
|Founded||9 November 1959, Ada Township, Michigan, United States|
|Founders||Richard DeVos, Jay Van Andel|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Sterlite Tech says BSNL’s outstanding dues now below Rs 100 crore, expects substantial settlement this year
- NEW DELHI: Data network solutions provider Sterlite Technologies NSE -0.66 %’ receivables from BSNL has come down to less than Rs 100 crore now, and the company is hopeful that substantial part of pending dues will be cleared by the state-owned telco this year, Group CEO Anand Agarwal said.
- The dues from Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) were close to Rs 230 crore at the end of 2018.
BSNL Telecommunications company Founded Sep 15, 2000 CEO Pravin Kumar Purwar (Jun 2019–) Subsidiaries BSNL Mobile, Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited, BSNL Tower Corporation Limited
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AGRICULTURE
Kashmir: Saffron gets Geographical Indication certification
- Saffron grown in Kashmir has received the geographical indication (GI) tag, with Lieutenant Governor G C Murmu saying that it is a major historic step in bringing the valley’s brand on the global map.
- The Union government issued a certificate of GI registration for the saffron grown in the Kashmir Valley, an official spokesperson said.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: TECHNOLOGY
NASA is to Launch ASTHROS Mission: Football Stadium sized balloons into the stratosphere.
- NASA is to launch ASTHROS Mission from Antarctica in December 2023. The mission is to spend three weeks observing air currents above the continent.
- The ASTHROS Mission will send a football stadium sized balloons into the stratosphere. The balloon will observe wavelengths of invisible light from the earth.
- The balloon has a telescope, sub systems, science instruments, electronic systems and cooling system. The Balloon is to be inflated with the balloon to keep the superconducting detectors at -268.5 degree Celsius.
|ASTHROS||It is Astrophysics Stratospheric Telescope for High Spectral Resolution Observation as Sub millimetre wavelengths. The mission is operated by Jet Propulsion Laboratory of NASA. The ASTHROS Mission of NASA aims to create a 3D map of density, motion, and speed of gas.|