Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL CHICKEN WING DAY – On this Day, encourages a frenzy of dipping and sauce tasting. The day celebrates the little appetizer that could. Also known as buffalo wings, hot wings or just wings, each of us eats about 290 per year.
- PM Modi to discuss vision, roadmap for Banks, NBFCs this evening
- Recoveries from COVID-19 to touch 10 lakh mark; fatality rate dips to 2.23%
- Earth Sciences Ministry announces National Awards for excellence in Earth System Science
- International Tigers day being observed today
- Cabinet approves MoU signed between India & Zimbabwe on Traditional Systems of Medicine
- First five Rafale jets land at Ambala air force station.
- The Centre would develop Leh and Kargil as smart cities in newly-formed union territory of Ladakh
- Tobacco use accelerates transmission of COVID-19: Health ministry
- Separate wards, ICU beds: How suspected patients are treated at Covid hospitals
- Covid 19 testing will be doubled in Rajkot: Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani
- COVID-19: Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit isolates himself for a week
- State govts ramping up testing to ensure prompt identification of COVID-19 positive cases.
- Govind Singh Dotasra takes charge as Rajasthan Congress president.
- Respecting and accepting people from other regions key to national integrity: Kiren Rijiju
- Gujarat govt allots one more dedicated ambulance for Asiatic lions
- Delhi High Court directs Facebook, Google to remove offending material on Sasikala
- Bangladesh: Four policemen injured in explosion inside police station in Dhaka
- Renault India may revisit midterm targets if coronavirus pandemic persists.
- NBFC assets may de-grow 1-3% in FY21 as fresh disbursements drop sharply: Crisil
- Telecom industry loses 82 lakh subscribers in April, pressure to continue: Report
- Noida leaves Gurugram behind in office space leasing even as commercial transactions dip in India
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
FM: Nirmala Sitharaman has attended Fifth Annual Meeting of Board of Governors of AIIB
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has attended the 5th Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) through video conference in New Delhi on 28 July.
- The Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors (BoG) meet to take key decisions that impact the Bank’s future every year.
|Union Minister of Finance- Minister responsible||Nirmala Sitharaman, Cabinet Minister;|
|Founded||29 October 1946|
|Officeholders||P. Radhakrishnan (Minister of State), Shiv Pratap Shukla (Minister of State), Nirmala Sitharaman (Minister)|
Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister has launched 2020 India Report on Digital Education
- HRD: Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ virtually launched “India Report on Digital Education, 2020”.
- It elaborates on the innovative methods adopted by Ministry of HRD, Education Depts of States and Union Territories (UT) to ensure accessible and inclusive education to children at home and reducing learning gaps.
GoI launches “Mausam Application” to Forecast Weather
- Union Minister of Earth Sciences Dr Harsh Vardhan launched a mobile application that will provide city-wise weather forecasts and warnings. The application has been named “Mausam”.
- The application was designed & developed by International Crops Research Institute for Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Indian Meteorological Department (IMD), and Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM).
|Indian Meteorological Department Headquarters location||New Delhi|
|Agency executive||Dr. Mrutyunjay Mohapatra, Director General of Meteorology|
|Subsidiaries||Regional Meteorological Centre, Chennai, Indian Institute Of Tropical Meteorology|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) launched Dare to Dream 2.0 contest for innovators & startups
- DRDO has launched its innovation contest ‘Dare to Dream 2.0’ on 27 July 2020, the 5th death anniversary of former President and noted scientist Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
|DRDO Headquarters location||New Delhi|
|Minister responsible||Rajnath Singh, Minister of Defence|
|Subsidiaries||Gas Turbine Research Establishment, Defence Scientific Information & Documentation centre|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: TECHNOLOGY
On RuPay Platform, Indian Railways & SBI Card launch Contactless Credit Card
- IRCTC of Indian Railways and SBI Card has launched Co-branded Contactless Credit Card on RuPay Platform. It is in line with Aatma Nirbhar Bharat, Digital India and Make In India mission. The new credit card is dedicated to the service of India the Union Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry Piyush Goyal.
- Contactless Credit Card on RuPay Platform is aimed to offer a safe and protected transaction environment to its customers.
- New RuPay credit card has been equipped with Near Field Communication (NFC) technology. Hence, the users is allowed expedite their transactions at the point of sale (POS) machines by just tapping the card on the machines without requiring to swipe the card.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Microsoft: India sees second highest drive-by download attack volume in APAC in 2019
- India ranked second, behind Singapore, in terms of ‘ drive– by download‘ attack volume in the Asia-Pacific region in 2019, according to a report by Microsoft.
- ‘ Drive– by download‘ attacks involve downloading malicious code onto an unsuspecting user’s computer when they visit a website or fill up a form. The malicious code that is downloaded is then used by the attacker to steal passwords or financial information.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
In India, Hetero group has launched Favipiravir, to treat Covid-19 infected patients
- Hetero group has launched the generic Favipiravir in India under the brand ‘Favivir’. The company received approvals from the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) to manufacture and market the generic drug. The drug, Favivir, is used to treat mild to moderate COVID-19.
|Favivir||Favivir will improve treatment accessibility to a significant amount of the COVID-19 patient population, which usually sustains mild to moderate symptoms. The generic favipiravir drug is priced at Rs.59 per tablet. The drug is being marketed and distributed by Hetero Healthcare.|
Acculi Labs to launch mobile app for detection & risk assessment of COVID 19 infected individuals
- Bangalore based startup Acculi Labs has been selected the Centre for Augmenting WAR with COVID-19 Health Crisis (CAWACH), an initiative by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) to develop a COVID risk profile called Lyfas COVID score.
- Lyfas is an Android application. In this application, one can keep the index finger on the rear phone camera of a mobile phone for 5 minutes. It will capture the capillary pulse and blood volume change and derive 95 biomarkers with proprietary algorithms and signal processing techniques.
|CAWACH||CAWACH is an initiative launched by the National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), DST, Government of India. The initiative is aimed to support market-ready innovations for the control of COVID-19 and startup ideas to address associated challenges.|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ENVIRONMENT
Delhi: During lockdown, UN report reported Nitrogen Dioxide levels fell over 70%
- The UN policy brief stated that Levels of nitrogen dioxide fell by more than 70% during the lockdown in New Delhi.
- It also stated that nitrogen dioxide fell 40% in urban areas in China, 20% in Belgium and Germany, and 19-40% in different areas of the US.
|Nitrogen dioxide||Nitrogen dioxide (N2O) is one of a group of gases called nitrogen aoxides. Nitrogen dioxide is naturally formed in the atmosphere by lightning and some are produced by plants, soil, and water.|
Nitrogen dioxide is a major air pollutant as it contributes to the formation of photochemical smog.