Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL FATHER-IN-LAW-DAY – On this day, recognizes your spouse’s father annually. Fathers-in-law bring a new perspective to our lives. Whether we are a new addition to their families or made bonds a long time ago, they grow to have an honored place in our hearts. They are the patriarchs of our families.
NATIONAL CHILI DOG DAY – On this day, hot dog lovers across the United States start topping their hot dogs with delicious chili to celebrate National Chili Dog Day. Wrapping up National Hot Dog Month, the chili dog brings the heat. Add onions, cheese, or chili sauce for more variety. With a hot dog, the condiments are endless.
- Recovery from COVID-19 surpasses 10 lakh mark in country; recovery rate improves to 64.43 pct
- Health Minister releases book on Standard Treatment Guidelines for SUD (Substance Use Disorders), Behavioural Addictions.
- India Mauritius special friendship based on deep rooted cultural linkages, says PM Modi
- COVID-19: ADB to provide USD 3 million grant to India from its Asia Pacific Disaster Response Fund.
- PM Modi, Mauritian counterpart Pravind Jugnauth jointly inaugurate new Supreme Court building in Port Louis
- Five Rafale fighter jets, built by Dassault Aviation of France, arrive at Ambala airbase; will be operated by IAF’s 17 Squadron, the Golden Arrows.
- UPSSCWB (Uttar Pradesh State Sunni Central Waqf Board) sets up Indo-Islamic Cultural Foundation trust to build mosque on a five-acre land in Ayodhya
- Cabinet approves National Education Policy 2020, aims for 100 % GER (gross enrolment ratio) in school education by 2030.
- Indian Red Cross Society to buy 1.80 lakh face masks from KVIC
- Tamil Nadu government extends lockdown till August 31.
- Ladakh: Over 70 pct people in Leh, Kargil issued Ayushman Bharat Golden cards.
- Terrorists fire upon Army Casper in Drabgam area of J&K’s Pulwama; no loss of life or injury reported.
- Saudi Arabia: Muslims perform downsized Hajj pilgrimage amid coronavirus pandemic.
- Australia to get U.S.-funded military fuel reserve as relations with China cool
- 50 lakh people marooned in 31 districts of Bangladesh as several rivers continue to rise.
- As Japan weighs missile-defence options, Raytheon lobbies for Lockheed’s $300 mn deal
- I’m confident about alliance with Nissan and Mitsubishi: Luca de Meo, CEO, Renault
- Recovery rate of business much higher in smaller towns: Bhaskar Bhat, Director, Tata Sons
- Covid-19 impact: AMNS India’s production drops by 30%, earnings decline by 23% in Q2 2020.
- Herd immunity against coronavirus may be developing in Mumbai’s poorest areas.
- No justification to deny drug cos deduction of expenses incurred on freebies to doctors: ITAT.
- Piramal plan to sell non-core glass business to raise funds, eyes $1 billion
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
NGT brings in stricter rules for commercial use of ground water
- The National Green Tribunal has made the guidelines for the commercial use of ground water more stringent in the country.
- The NGT has provided 03 month time period to make water management plans for all critical, over exploited & semi-critical areas.
|National Green Tribunal (NGT) Committee report||Nov 24, 2009|
|Enacted by||Parliament of India|
|Enacted||May 5, 2010|
|Bill published on||31 July 2009|
Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI) report: More than 403 Infrastructure Projects hit
- The MOSPI recently released a report on infrastructure projects in the country. According to the report, more than 403 infrastructure projects each of worth Rs 150 crores have been hit badly.
Cabinet approved National Education Policy 2020
- The Union Cabinet led by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the National Education Policy 2020 on 29 July.
- The main objective of the policy is to make way transformational reforms large scale, in both school & higher education sectors. It is the first education policy of the 21st century.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
UNs Report: Significant Increase in ISIS Terrorists in Kerala & Karnataka
- UN report recently warned that there is significant increase in ISIS terrorists in Kerala and Karnataka. The report was titled “Report of the Analytical Support and Sanctions Monitoring Team concerning ISIS”.
|ISIS||The Islamic State is also known as ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) or Daesh. It is Sunni Jihadist group that seized large swathes of territory in eastern Syria since 2014.|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) to step up lending in India; plans to approve loans worth USD 3 billion in next 12 months
- As part of its effort to improve connectivity, Beijing-based multilateral funding agency AIIB is looking to provide loans worth USD 3 billion for various large infrastructure projects, including Delhi and Meerut Rapid Rail, Mumbai Metro Rail & Chennai Peripheral Ring Road project, over the next 12 months.
- India is the largest borrower, which accounts for 25 per cent of the total lending by Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) so far, the bank’s vice president D J Pandian told in an interview.
- As of July 16, 2020, AIIB has approved up to USD 19.6 billion for 87 projects in 24 economies. Since its inception in 2016, AIIB has approved loans to the tune of USD 4.3 billion across 17 projects in India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Ministry of Earth Sciences announced National Awards for excellence in Earth System Science
- MoES has mandated to provide the nation with the best possible services for weather, climate, ocean, coastal and natural hazards, for the Public Safety and socio-economic benefits.
- MoES aims to recognize major scientific contributions made by eminent scientists/engineers in various fields of Earth System Science.
|Ministry of Earth Science Departments||India Meteorological Department|
|Minister responsible||Dr Harsh Vardhan|
|Officeholders||Y. S. Chowdary (Minister of State), Harsh Vardhan (Minister)|