Part of the General Awareness or General Knowledge (GK) section
Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair CA news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, and Banking exams IBPS, SO, PO, Clerk, and other all competitive exam for the entire Part of the General Knowledge [GK] and General Awareness GA sections. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR APPRECIATION DAY – On this day, recognizes the IT professionals who keep organizations of all sizes up and running.
NATIONAL RASPBERRY CAKE DAY – On this day, is the day to enjoy raspberry cake. Because it is a cool and refreshing dessert.
Top One-Line Headlines
- COVID-19 pandemic: 10 lakh 57 thousand 805 people recovered in the country so far
- SIDBI, TransUnion CIBIL launch ‘MSMESaksham’ financial education platform
- ICRA Ratings appoints N. Sivaraman as MD & Group CEO.
- PM Modi reiterates India’s commitment towards its vision of participatory developmental works in Indian Ocean
- Vice President says new National Education Policy 2020 a major step towards quality education to all children and youth
- J&K govt orders fast tracking of Environment Clearance Process in minor minerals mining operations.
- Enforcement Directorate moves Supreme Court against bail granted to Shivinder Singh
- India conducts more than six lakh tests of coronavirus samples in single day
- Ayodhya: August 5 Ram Temple’s ‘bhoomi poojan’ event to follow SOPs of Unlock 2
- Bihar govt extends lockdown in urban areas till 16 of next month
- Congress leaders seek introspection, fixing blame for drift; Rahul Gandhi aide Blames UPA-2
- Covid-19 sparks political battle in Pune as cases 3 times of Mumbai; PMC says it doesn’t have funds
- 3 Assam Rifles soldiers killed, 5 injured in attack by militants in Chandel district bordering Myanmar
- West Bengal: Former Lok Sabha MP Somendranath Mitra dies in Kolkata at 78.
- Telangana reports 1986 new COVID-19 cases in last 24 hours
- Vice Chairman of J&K KVIB reviews status of SFURTI clusters
- NASA launches Mars Perseverance Rover from Cape Canaveral, Florida.
- China’s Jin Liqun re-elected President of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
- Turkey approves new social media law that will allow authorities to remove content
- November 3: Donald Trump is attacking an election he is at risk of losing
- US President Trump likely to be only world leader to address UN General Assembly session in person
- General Elections in Sri Lanka: Candidates adopting various means to woo voters amidst COVID crisis
- Young people must take precautions to protect themselves and others from COVID-19, says WHO
- Reliance Power, JERA ink loan agreement with banks for new power plant in Bangladesh
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
S.N. Bose National Centre For Basic Sciences (SNBNCBS) develops a No-touch & Painless device for non-invasive screening of bilirubin level in new-borns
- SNBNCBS, Kolkata, an autonomous research Institute under the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India has developed “AJO-Neo”, a No-touch and Painless device for non-invasive screening of bilirubin level in new-borns.
|SNBNCBS Type||Autonomous, Research Institute|
|Director||Prof.Samit Kumar Ray|
|Affiliations||Department of Science and Technology (India)|
Power Finance Corporation has signed an agreement with IIT- Kanpur for Training, Research, & Entrepreneurship Development in Smart Grid Technology
- Power Finance Corporation (PFC), a public sector undertaking (PSU) under the Ministry of Power, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Indian Institute of Technology – Kanpur (IIT-K).
- Aims is to support Training, Research, & Entrepreneurship Development in Smart Grid Tech.
|PFC Headquarters||New Delhi|
|Owner||Government of India (52.63%)|
|Key people||Ravinder Singh Dhillon IAS; (Chairman & MD)|
In Uttarakhand 1st UDAN-RCS service launched
- Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, MoS, I/C, Civil Aviation flagged off the first helicopter service by Pawan Hans in Uttarakhand under the UDAN – RCS scheme on 29th July.
- UDAN routes So far, 274 operationalized to connect 45 airports & 3 heliports since the launch of the first UDAN flight in April 2017.
|UDAN Start date||April 27, 2017|
|Ministry||Ministry of Civil Aviation (India)|
|Launched||27 April 2017; 3 years ago; Delhi|
India and Zimbabwe, Cabinet approved MoU between on Cooperation in the field of Traditional System of Medicine & Homeopathy
- The Union Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Zimbabwe on on 3 November 2018.
- The MoU was to enhance cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy.
|Population||1.44 crores (2018) World Bank|
|Currencies||United States Dollar, RTGS dollar|
National Clinical Registry of COVID-19 Patients
- The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) in collaboration with AIIMS, is creating a new rigorous database of COVID-19 patients, admitted across the country with the aim of improving treatment in hospitals.
- The database, titled as National clinical registry for COVID-19 patients, will also act as a platform to conduct clinical trials and study its response against the deadly virus.
|Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR) Headquarters||New Delhi|
|Secretary and Director General||Dr. Balram Bhargava|
|Founder||Government of India|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
ADB approves 3 million US Dollar to India to fight against COVID-19
- Asian Development Bank has approved USD 3 million (equivalent to Rs 22 crore) grant to India from the Asia Pacific Disaster Response Fund to support India’s battle against COVID-19.
- The grant is financed by the Japanese government. It will be used to seek thermal scanners, enhancement of disease surveillance and early detection, contact tracing, and treatment.
|Asian Development Bank Headquarters||Mandaluyong, Philippines|
|Founded||December 19, 1966|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
June smartphone imports rise to 3 year high of Rs 2,225 crore, almost six times since May
- New Delhi: Smartphone imports in June rose to a 3 year high at Rs. 2225.2 crores by value, near by six times from May and manifold from the measly Rs. 5.6 crore in February, after which the battle with the COVID-19 pandemic unleashed local production constraints even after two month of the easing of the lock down, data from the ministry of commerce showed.
- Market experts the imports to soar even higher for July as the rollover impact of the 10 day backlog caused by customs scrutiny of import of mobile phone parts in the last week of June caused a near wash out in productions for Chinese brands like market leader Oppo, Vivo, Xiaomi, and Realme, who dominate in the worlds second largest smartphones market.
Asus: Convertibles, gaming laptops in Indian Market demand in the consumer PC segment
- Taiwanese technology is major Asus on Thursday said it is witnessing strong sales of ‘convertibles’ and gaming laptops in the Indian market, with demand for computing devices at par with pre-COVID levels, a top executive said.
|Asus||Computer hardware company|
|Headquarters||Beitou District, Taipei, Taiwan|
|Founded||2 April 1989, Taipei, Taiwan|
|Founders||T.H. Tung, Wayne Hsieh, M.T. Liao, Ted Hsu|