Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
International Day of Clean Air for blue skies – On this day, observed on Sep 7th, 2020. The day is first of its kind. Raising public awareness, the individual, community, corporate and government level about the importance of clean air for health, productivity, economy and the environment.
- Govt working towards nurturing children through POSHAN Maah campaign: JP Nadda
- Collective responsibility that NEP is implemented in letter and spirt: PM Modi
- Maharashtra may reduce Covid-19 testing rates at private labs by 40 per cent
- In the final stretch, Joe Biden defends his lead against President Trump’s onslaught
- Fall in GDP alarming; time for bureaucracy to take meaningful action: Raghuram Rajan
- RBI norms may exclude large number of companies from loan recast scheme
- Big booster: Govt panel clears $100-billion mobile export proposals from global manufacturers
- India’s agriculture technology can grow to $24.1 billion in 5 years: Report
- SBI moots VRS scheme to optimise costs, about 30,000 employees eligible
- Tech Mahindra to offer Blockchain solutions built on Amazon Managed Blockchain Services
- Hinduja Global Solutions board asks for portfolio review to keep up with changing biz dynamics
- New Voda-Idea branding marks a fresh start for telco: Nick Read, CEO, Vodafone group
- Voda Idea new branding reflects agile, strong, dynamic future of telco: KM Birla
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Andhra Pradesh tops Business Reform Action Plan (BRAP) or Ease of Doing Business ranking – 2019
- On Sep 5, Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmla Sitharaman has announced the 4th edition of Business Reform Action Plan (BRAP) ranking of states.
- Ranking of various States of India on the basis of implementation of Business Reform Action Plan had started in 2015. The Business Reform Action Plan 2018-19 was a comprehensive plan including 180 reform points covering 12 business regulatory areas such as Access to Information, Single Window System, Labour, Environment, etc.
|Union Minister of Finance- Minister responsible||Nirmala Sitharaman, Cabinet Minister;|
|Founded||29 October 1946|
|Officeholders||P. Radhakrishnan (Minister of State), Shiv Pratap Shukla (Minister of State), Nirmala Sitharaman (Minister)|
Kesavananda Bharati Passes Away
- Kesavananda Bharati, who filed a petition in the Supreme court and the Supreme Court delivered a landmark judgement that the basic structure of the Constitution cannot be altered, died on September 6.
Govt releases draft guidelines on Advertising
- The Consumer Affairs Ministry has come out with a comprehensive set of draft guidelines on advertising. The guideline says, disclaimers in small font and which are not factual will be treated as misleading ads.
- The code has been drafted by the Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) under the Consumer Protection Act, 2019. It is aimed at curbing unfair trade. It holds manufacturers, service providers, and advertising agencies accountable for any misleading claims.
|Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Founded||Sep 2, 1946|
|Departments||Department of Food and Public Distribution, Department of Consumer Affairs|
|Officeholders||Ram Vilas Paswan (Minister), C. R. Chaudhary (Minister of State)|
Ministry of Railways propose to Decriminalise Begging on trains
- The Ministry of Railways has proposed to decriminalise begging on trains or railway premises as part of an exercise to decriminalise or rationalise penalties under the provisions of the Railway Act, 1989.
- It also compounds the offence of smoking by levying spot fine and dropping all charges or action against the person involved.
|Indian Railways||Railway company|
|Founded||16 April 1853, India|
|Number of employees||13,08,000 (2016-2017)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Japanese government companies relocating from China to India
- The Japanese govt has said that it will provide subsidies to Japanese companies that shift their manufacturing setup from China to India, Bangladesh and ASEAN Countries. This decision has been taken as world’s supply chain was disrupted after the outbreak of COVID-19 which originated in China.
- The countries have now started mulling on options to either exit from China and reduce their dependence on it with respect to trade or other procurements.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Tech Mahindra to offer Blockchain solutions built on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Managed Blockchain Services
- Pune: Tech Mahindra today announced that it was teaming up with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to build solutions based on blockchain technology.
- Tech Mahindra will introduce blockchain solutions built on Amazon Managed Blockchain to global customers using AWS and other leading organizations across the globe.
|Founded||5 July 1994, Bellevue, Washington, United States|
|Headquarters||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|CEO||Jeff Bezos (May 1996–)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AGRICULTURE
Report: India’s agriculture technology can grow to $24.1 billion in Next five yrs
- BENGALURU: India’s agriculture technology sector has the potential to grow manifold to $24.1 billion in the next five years, according to a new report. With a turnover of $204 million, India’s agri-tech sector is at under 1% of its market potential today.
- A big chunk of the gains will likely be made by companies addressing supply chain and financial services solutions, driven by the availability of affordable high-speed internet and maturing of India’s digital content ecosystem, the EY report on India’s agri-tech potential said.
- The report has also forecast consolidation in the agri-tech space along with startups expanding horizontally to service the end-to-end needs of farmers within the next few years.
|Ministry of Agriculture||Government ministry|
|Head Quarters||New Delhi|