Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
RESPECT FOR PARENTS DAY – On this day, Respect for Parents Day recognizes the leadership roles parents play in not only a child’s life but also in our communities. Parents provide their children with the first expression of love and sense of security. As protectors and nurturers, parents set a foundation for leading and teaching children to be responsible.
INTERNATIONAL MAHJONG DAY – On this day, It deals a game to get the celebration started! Play ur tiles well, & perhaps you will honor the day with a win. The 19th-century strategy game became popular in the United States in the 1920s. While we play the game with tiles, it’s much like rummy.
- Eid-ul-Azha being celebrated across country today
- Prime Minister Modi to address Smart India Hackathon this evening
- New guidelines for opening up more activities in areas outside Containment Zones come into force today
- Govt extends ban on international flights till August 31
- Fifth phase of Vande Bharat Mission to repatriate Indians from 23 countries begins today
- ‘Mumbai Police have been requested to facilitate our cops in Sushant death case’: Bihar DGP
- Telangana continues to report spike in new Coronavirus cases with 2083 fresh infections
- Ayodhya bhumi pujan: PM Modi, Mohan Bhagwat, Yogi Adityanath and a select few to share stage
- IRS officer shunted out of Delhi Customs for delaying clearance of surveillance equipment
- A contrasting tale of two economic giants on the opposite sides of the Atlantic
- Trump says he’ll act soon to ban Chinese-owned video app TikTok from US on security fears
- States Should Not be Made to Bear Burden of Borrowing: Punjab FM Manpreet Badal.
- Import restrictions on colour television to give a boost to local manufacturing: Xiaomi
- Not allowed WhatsApp to go live for full-scale UPI operations: RBI tells Supreme Court
- Viral Acharya Says, Need to divest stakes in public sector banks in graceful manner
- Crowdfunding sites raise record sums amid pandemic
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Government has extends deadline for filing income tax returns till SEP 30
- Considering current global pandemic COVID-19 the GoI on Wednesday for the 3rd time extended the deadline for filing income tax returns for 2018-19 financial year for two months till Sep 30.
- Before this in March, the due date was extended from March 31 to June 30 for the first time and again in late June, it was extended by a month till July 31.
- The rule also lay norms to provide relaxations for senior citizens on interest payments on self-assessment tax. In the case of a senior citizen, those not having business or income from the profession will not be required to pay advance tax.
Income Tax Department
PM Narendra Modi inaugurates Supreme Court building of Mauritius
- Indian PM Modi & Mauritian PM Pravin Kumar Jugnauth on Thursday virtually inaugurated the new Supreme Court building at Port Louis.
- The building has constructed with Indian assistance as India sign of cooperation with countries in the Indian Ocean Region. The inauguration process has been done online through video conferencing in the presence of senior members of the judiciary from Mauritius and other esteemed delegates from both the country as well.
|Mauritius||Country in East Africa|
On 1st August India has celebrates as Muslim Women’s Rights Day
- On the occasion of the first anniversary of law-making Triple Talaq a criminal offence which got Presidential nod last year after getting approval from the Parliament, the day is declared as the Muslim Women’s Rights Day across the country.
- Triple Talaq Bill was passed in the Lok Sabha on 25th July 2019 with 79% of MP voting in favour and 21% voting against it. Further, it was passed by the Rajya Sabha on 30th July 2019 with 54% votes in favour and 46% voting against it. Finally, after getting the Presidential nod it became a law in the country
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Australia to force United State tech giant Facebook & Google to pay news publishers
- 1st time in a landmark move to protect independent journalism Australia will force US tech giant Facebook Inc. and Alphabet Inc’s Google to pay Australian media publishers for news content.
- Thus, Australia will become first such country which will help its native media company to gain royalty under the royalty-style system. If everything goes well between the stakeholders it will become law later this year.
|CEO||Sundar Pichai (2 Oct 2015–)|
|Founded||4 September 1998, Menlo Park, California, United States|
|Founders||Larry Page, Sergey Brin|
Polar bears: the verge of extinction by 2100
- Over the past few decades, polar bears have been ubiquitous symbol of climate change. This majestic creature is on its verge of extinction by the end of the century if global warming continues unabated.
- A recent study published in July 2020 issue of Nature Climate Change predicted that most polar bears in the Arctic region will become extinct by the year 2100 if greenhouse gas emissions remain on their current track.
Sixth BRICS Environment meeting held in Russia, online via video conferencing
- The Environment Ministers of 6th BRICS countries took part in the 6th BRICS Environment meeting. It was held online via video conferencing under the presidency of Russia.
- Representing India at the meeting Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar emphasized India’s concern towards attaining SDG (Sustainable Development Goal).
|BRICS||Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.|
|Founders||India, China, Brazil, Russia|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
For National Sports Awards 2020, Centre comes up with the sport committee
- The Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports on Friday came up with a selection committee for selecting awardees for various sports awards for the year 2020.
- Awards Included:
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna,
- Dronacharya Awards,
- Arjuna Awards,
- Dhyan Chand Awards,
- Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar Awards,
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (MAKA) Trophy
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
Under the govt’s credit guarantee scheme for MSMEs brought, Professionals like doctors, lawyers
- Professionals including doctors & lawyers who have taken loan for their business needs will now be eligible for credit under the special credit guarantee scheme for medium and small enterprises.
- The government on Saturday expanded the scope of the scheme to include “individual loans given for business purposes” within the ambit of Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme.
Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises(MSME) Government ministry Officeholders Giriraj Singh (MOS independent charge), Nitin Gadkari (Union Minister) Annual budget 6,552.61 crores INR (2018-19 est., US$920 million) Departments National Small Industries Corporation, National Institute of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
CURRENT AFFAIRS: TECHNOLOGY
Reliance Power in Collaboration with JERA set to Build Power Plant in Bangladesh
- Reliance Bangladesh LNG and Power a joint venture between India’s Reliance Power and Japan’s JERA are all set to develop a new gas-fired power generation project in Bangladesh through their project company. A total of $642 million with a group of banks which includes the Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) has been allocated.
- In this joint venture, the project company will be building and operating a 745 MW natural gas combined-cycle power project in Meghnaghat, Naranganj, which is located approximately 40 km southeast of Dhaka the capital city of Bangladesh.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Apple vendors, Samsung, Lava, and others propose Rs 11 lakh Cr mobile phone production under PLI scheme
- iPhone maker Apple’s contract manufacturers, as well as firms like Samsung, Lava & Dixon have proposed to produce mobile devices and components of over Rs 11 lakh crore in the next 05 yrs under the Govt new scheme to boost electronics manufacturing, according to sourceas.
- Proposals was submitted by the companies to the Ministry of Electronics & IT to avail benefits of Production Link Incentives (PLI) are expected to create 12 lakh employment opportunities Three Lakh direct & around Nine lakh indirect jobs, a source told PTI.