Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL FRIENDSHIP DAY – On this day, National Friendship Day encourages people across the country and world to connect with friends. Make a new friend or reconnect with an old one. Friendships come in many forms, and we begin developing them when we’re very young. Throughout our lives, friendships and their meanings evolve.
NATIONAL SISTERS DAY – On this day, first Sunday in August celebrates the unique bond between sisters. This particular set of siblings embrace moments that make them laugh and cringe.
AMERICAN FAMILY DAY – On this day, First Sunday in August encourages us to enjoy the waning summer rays with those dearest to us. Principally, the day encourages families to spend time with one another. Unlike some other familial holidays, the proclamation of the day discourages gift giving. Instead, the observance urges focusing on family relationships.
- Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan launched or popularizing science among school students
- COVID-19 recovery rate reaches 64.52 %
- Dipankar Ghose, PARI win Prem Bhatia award for outstanding journalism
- Pan-India 1,000 genome sequencing of SARS-CoV-2 completed
- Govt allows export of Made-in-India ventilators
- MP: State CM directs to conduct Rapid Antigen Tests in Indore, other districts
- Manipur: COVID-19 pandemic did not hinder routine immunization, says State Nodal Officer
- CM Adityanath: Uttar Pradesh has a new model of development with revived faith in law order
- Bangladesh celebrates Eid-Ul-Azha amid Corona pandemic, floods
- WHO warns of long drawn out virus pandemic as Asia cases spike
- President Xi Jinping: Want to push for continued advancement of China-Nepal ties
- Viral Acharya to RBI: Focus on inflation over growth at next policy review meet
- Government eases loan rules in rescue package to cover more companies to tide over Covid-19
- Aakash Educational Services bets big on digital edutech, remote learning demands
- With Chinese help, Sri Lanka is readying a global financial hub to rival India’s GIFT City
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Across India to sell their products online – Walmart-owned Flipkart’s Samarth Programme supports 6 Lakh artisans
- Walmart-owned Flipkart on Friday announced that 6 lakh artisans across the country will be added this year to their Samarth programme which was launched last year in 2019.
- Samarth is an initiative started by Flipkart in 2019 wherein, the e-commerce company had collaborated with five non-governmental organisations (NGOs) to help local artisans use the online e-commerce platform to sell their products.
Under Gramodyog Vikas Yojana – GoI has launched a programme for the benefit of artisans involved in manufacturing of Agarbatti
- MSME approved a programme to the benefit artisans involved in manufacturing of Agarbatti under ‘Gramodyog Vikas Yojana’ . The aim is to develop the village industry.
- As per the programme, four Pilot Projects will be started initially. Each targeted cluster of artisans get support with about 50 Automatic Agarbatti making machines and 10 Mixing machines.
|Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises(MSME)||Government ministry|
|Officeholders||Giriraj Singh (MOS independent charge), Nitin Gadkari (Union Minister)|
|Annual budget||6,552.61 crores INR (2018-19 est., US$920 million)|
|Departments||National Small Industries Corporation, National Institute of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises|
On Color TV Sets India Imposes import Restrictions
- Following a ban on popular Chinese applications, the Indian Govt has moved the import of Color TV sets from free to restricted. India imports the majority of TV sets from China.
- This move by the government is aimed to promote PM Modi’s vision of “Vocal for Local” which will boost domestic manufacturing and balance the trade deficit the country is currently facing against China.
KVIC sign MoU with ITBP to supply Khadi Mustard Oil now
- KVIC has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) to supply mustard oil on July 31, 2020.
- The KVIC and ITBP have signed the MoU for a period of one year and it will be renewed further.
|Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC)||Government ministry|
|Agency executive||Vinai Kumar Saxena (Chairperson)|
|Parent agency||Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises|
Govt notification on E-invoicing
- The central govt comes up with a centralized e-invoicing scheme for business having turnover more than 500 crores. As per the recent scheme, it will be mandatory for all those businesses with a turnover of more than 500 Cr to generate all their B2B invoices on a centralized government portal which will go live from 1st October.
- Till now, all the companies be it, small-cap, mid-cap or large-cap use their own mechanism for generating invoices.
- These invoices vary company to company & can be forged easily to manipulate the buyer or for doing any other forgery.
MoTA awarded SKOCH Gold Award for its Empowerment of Tribals through IT-enabled Scholarship Schemes
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) was awarded the SKOCH Gold Award for its “Empowerment of Tribals through IT-enabled Scholarship Schemes”.
- This is the project of the Scholarship Divison of the Ministry.
|Ministry of Tribal Affairs Officeholder||Jasvantsinh Sumanbhai Bhabhor (Minister of State)|
|Headquarters||Shastri Bhawan, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road, New Delhi – 110 011|
Four more States/UT’s integrates – One Nation One Card Scheme
- The Union Minister of Consumer Affairs Ram Vilas Paswan extended the One Nation One card scheme to four more states and UT’s Jammu & Kashmir, Manipur, Nagaland & Uttarakhand. With this new move, the scheme has now been enabled in 24 states and UT’s across the country.
- Under the scheme “One Nation One Ration Card” a beneficiary of a ration card regardless of their location in the country can avail ration under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) through one of their ration cards.
|Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Founded||Sep 2, 1946|
|Departments||Department of Food and Public Distribution, Department of Consumer Affairs|
|Officeholders||Ram Vilas Paswan (Minister), C. R. Chaudhary (Minister of State)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
UNICEF Report: One in every Three Child are Poisoned by Lead:
- UNICEF in a recent report which is first of its kind published impact of lead on children’s health across the world. As per the recent report one in every three children is being poisoned by lead.
- World’s one-third child population which is nearly around 800 million are affected by lead poisoning. Among the total affected nearly half of them are from South Asia. India accounts for nearly 275,561,163 of these cases.
- Children, when exposed to lead, gets highly affected. Severe problems like mental health and behavioural problems, including an increase in crime and violence, can be seen in them.
|UNICEF United Nations Children’s Fund Headquarters||New York, New York, United States|
|Founded||Dec 11, 1946, New York, United States|
|Parent organizations||United Nations General Assembly, United Nations Economic and Social Council|
|Founders||United Nations General Assembly, Ludwik Rajchman|
Arab World’s first ever nuclear reactor starts its operation
- Oil-rich Gulf state UAE finally starts its first-ever nuclear reactor “Barakah” at Abu Dhabi on the Gulf coast. Barakah was expected to start its operation in 2017. However, due to various safety issue, it kept on getting delayed.
- Developed in a joint venture with the Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation (ENEC) and Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) Barakah means “blessing” in Arabic. In association with KEPCO, the nuclear reactor power plant has begun the process of nuclear fission in one of its four reactors.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Apple: World’s most valuable company publicly listed company
- After reporting its blockbuster Quarterly result stock of Apple Inc increased 10 per cent to a record high making Apple world’s most valuable publicly listed company. The company has shown a great recovery from its low-point in March during the pandemic.
- As per the share count provided by Apple Inc. Its stock closed at $425.04 putting company’s market capitalization at $1.82 trillion.
- Even Saudi Arabia’s State-owned Saudi Aramco which had been the most valuable publicly listed company since the time it went public last year had a market capitalization of $1.760 trillion.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
Finance Ministry amends IRDAI rules to permit insurance intermediaries to operate in all SEZs
- Providing greater flexibility to insurance intermediaries to operate in the country, the finance ministry amended the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) rules to permit intermediaries to operate in all special economic zones (SEZs).
- Where the IRDAI’s Regulation of Insurance Business in Special Economic Zone Rules, 2015, did not mention intermediaries, the authority’s 2019 guidelines for intermediaries specified operations in International Financial Services ..