Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL WORK LIKE A DOG DAY – On this Day, it urges us to charge forth and meet every challenge we face. The English language is confusing. For instance, 2 common idioms we use in our everyday lives: “It’s a dog’s life” and “Work like a dog.” “It’s a dog’s life” refers to dogs being able to laze around and sleep all day.
- Wait of centuries has ended: PM Narendra Modi after Ram temple ‘bhoomi pujan’
- RSS & other like-minded groups worked for 30 years to fulfil Ram temple resolve: Bhagwat
- Transformation underway in Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh: External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar
- BJP celebrates first anniversary of revocation of J&K’s special status in Kashmir
- PM Narendra Modi performs ‘bhoomi pujan’ for Ram temple in Ayodhya
- Ayodhya Ram temple ceremony: Leaders hope development would pave way for harmony
- Ram temple bhoomi pujan fulfilment of Bal Thackeray’s dream, says Shiv Sena
- UP cabinet minister Brajesh Pathak tests positive for coronavirus
- Foundation stone of IIM-Sirmaur laid in HP.
- US: Federal agencies barred from hiring H–1B visa holders
- Former Australian prime minister Kevin Rudd says US-China war no longer inconceivable
- 1998 Nobel Peace Prize winner John Hume dies in N. Ireland at 83
- Virgin Atlantic airline files for United States bankruptcy protection
- Not just India and US, China’s behaviour is becoming a problem for its friends, too
- ‘Moothon’ is the Best Film at New York Indian Film Festival 2020
- Afghanistan: Militants affiliated with Islamic State attack prison in Jalalabad
- Nokia to set up robotics lab at IISc to study 5G’s ‘socially relevant’ uses
- Scrutiny of income tax returns reduced to 0.25 pc in assessment year 2018-19: FinMin
- Towards self-reliance: DPIIT committee to map out a blueprint for making India manufacturing hub
- Govt & corporates need to invest more for recovery: SBI chairman Rajnish Kumar
- Tech major HP starts manufacturing operations at Flex’s Sriperumbudur facility
- NCLT adjourns Reliance Communications and Reliance Telecom case to August 19
- Lupin launches coronavirus drug Favipiravir in India at Rs 49 per tablet
- Zydus Cadila to commence phase II clinical trials of COVID-19 vaccine ZyCoV-D from Aug 6
- Can create another middle-class in rural, says HDFC Bank founder CEO Aditya Puri
- Amazon makes sweeping changes in India operations for first Prime Day of pandemic
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
TN disagrees with centre’s Three Language Policy
- Tamil Nadu CM Edappadi K Palaniswami is not seen in agreement with the recently launched centre’s three-language policy proposed by the Union government in the National Education Policy 2020.
- In a press release recently, the Chief Minister was found stating that the state will never allow the Centre’s three-language policy rather the state will continue with its dual language policy of Tamil and English.
|Tamil Nadu||It is a South Indian state, is famed for its Dravidian-style Hindu temples|
|Chief minister||Edappadi K. Palaniswami|
IIT K, DARPG, DoD signs tripartite signed MoU to conduct predictive analysis of public grievances
- Department of Defence (DoD) Ministry of Defence (MoD), Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG), and Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IITK) signed a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on 4th August 2020.
- Memorandum of Understanding aims to conduct predictive analysis of public grievances.
Ashwini Kumar Tewari assumes charge as new MD & CEO of SBI Card and Payment Services
- Ashwini Kumar Tewari assumed as its new Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of SBI Cards & Payment Services (SBI Card) with effect from 1 August 2020.
- Tewari has replaced Hardayal Prasad who retired on 31 st July 2020.
|Ashwini Kumar Tewari||Prior to the appointment, since 2017, Ashwini Kumar Tewari held the position of the country head of US Operations at State Bank of India (SBI), based in New York.|
Golf Resort at Thenzawl inaugurated through virtual inauguration
- Implemented under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme of Ministry of Tourism The Union Minister of State for Culture & Tourism Shri Prahlad Singh Patel virtually inaugurated the “Thenzawl Golf Resort” Project, The virtual inauguration took place in the presence of Tourism Minister of Mizoram Shri Robert Romawia Royte and Commissioner and Secretary for Tourism Department of Government of Mizoram Smt.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
United Kingdom to mint coin in remembrance of Gandhi Ji
- Amid growing interest in recognizing the contributions of people from the BAME community (Black, Asian and minority ethnic) Britain is considering minority ethnic) Britain is considering minting a coin to remember Mahatma Gandhi.
- Rishi Sunak Britain’s current Finance Minister issued an order in a letter to the Royal Mint Advisory Committee (RMAC) to pursue recognition of individuals from the BAME community.
Pakistan appoints three senior lawyers in Kulbhushan Jadhav’s Case
- A two-member bench of Islamabad High Court comprising Chief Justice Athar Minallah & Justice Miangul Hassan Aurangzeb appointed the 3 cenior lawyers in the case of 50-year-old retired Indian Navy officer Kulbhushan Jadhav.
- Kulbhushan Jadhav was sentenced to death by a Pakistani military court on the charges of spying and terrorism in April 2017. India approached the International Court of Justice in Hague against Pakistan for denial of consular access to Jadhav and also challenged the death sentence. The court-appointed three senior lawyers as amici curiae. Amicus Curiae is a lawyer appointed by a court to assist the convicted in any matter or case.
|Pakistan||A country in South Asia|
|Prime minister||Imran Khan|
Pakistan’s new political map
- Pakistan recently released a new political map claiming the entire territory of Jammu & Kashmir, and part of Gujarat including the erstwhile state of Junagadh as part of its territory.
- In recent times in the wake of the global pandemic when the whole world is fighting against the deadly virus in unison, our neighbours are in a race to occupy our territory
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
Ministry of Defence(MoD) released draft 2020 Defence Production & Export Promotion Policy
- MoD has prepared a draft Defence Production and Export Promotion Policy 2020 (DPEPP 2020) to provide impetus to self-reliance in defence manufacturing.
- The main objective of the DPEPP policy is to achieve a turnover of Rs 1,75,000 Crores (US$ 25 billion). It includes export of Rs.35,000 Crore (US$ 5 billion) in Aerospace and Defence goods and services by 2025.
|DRDO Headquarters location||New Delhi|
|Minister responsible||Rajnath Singh, Minister of Defence|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Apple, Amazon & Google are all bulletproof, nothing in this world can challenge them
- Europe has the motivation, but not the means, to break up Big Tech. For the U.S., the inverse is true. bad news for anyone hoping for a full regulatory reckoning with Silicon Valley’s & Seattle’s giants over their monopolistic tendencies.
|CEO||Sundar Pichai (2 Oct 2015–)|
|Founded||4 September 1998, Menlo Park, California, United States|
|Founders||Larry Page, Sergey Brin|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: TECHNOLOGY
Nokia to set up robotics lab at Indian Institute of Science Bengaluru
- Nokia was set up a robotics lab at the IISc, Bengaluru for research on socially-relevant use cases based on 5G Technology & emerging technologies, the company said on Tuesday.
|Founded||May 12, 1865|
|Founders||Fredrik Idestam, Leo Mechelin|