Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL FRESH BREATH DAY – On this day, Pop a mint & smile on National Fresh Breath Day observed annually on August 6th. The day urges appreciation of oral hygiene and its importance. Dentists and oral care professionals applaud the day dedicated to fighting bad breath.
Top One-Line Headlines
- Ayodhya: PM lays foundation stone for a temple at Ram Janmabhoomi site
- Former Maharashtra CM Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar dies at 88
- Mumbai: High Court adjourns hearings due to staff shortage after rains
- Mangroves destruction, unplanned construction to blame for flooding in Mumbai: Experts
- Union minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat gets relief in cooperative society scam case
- Telangana crosses 73,000 mark in Covid cases, death toll reaches 589
- Ahmedabad Covid-19 hospital fire leaves 8 patients dead, forty others rescued
- India contributes $15.46 million to the India-UN Development Partnership Fund
- Lebanon: 100 killed in a blast in port warehouses in capital Beirut
- Toyota’s profit plunges 74 per cent as coronavirus pandemic halves vehicle sales
- Ammonium nitrate confiscated from a cargo ship likely fueled Beirut explosion
- Sugar exported to refineries within SEZ to be eligible for export benefits: Govt
- Recovery in employment rate slows down in July at 1.7 percentage points: CMIE
- Protracted spread of COVID-19 poses downside risk to economy: RBI
- Shaktikanta Das’ prescription for Covid: What’s in it for borrowers, businesses and Bharat
- Inflation likely to be elevated in second quarter: RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das
- ITC’s food business crosses Rs 10,000 cr sales milestone in FY20, Rs 600 cr short of Britannia
- Steel Strips Wheels bags orders worth USD 2,09,000 for US market
- Harley-Davidson scales down India operations, lays off workers amid outbreak
- Karnataka sees a drop in RT-PCR tests as government pushes for cheaper antigen kits
- Covid-effect: Companies now hiring a mix of full-time, part-time workers
- Covid-19 adversely affects office space, residential launches in top Indian cities
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Union Agriculture Minister launches NCDC YouTube Channel “Sahakar Cooptube NCDC India”
- The Union Agriculture Minister Shri Narendra Singh Tomar launched YouTube channel of National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) called “Sahakar Cooptube NCDC India”.
- The channel will focus on encouraging youth and farmers to learn about the benefits of cooperatives. It will aim to bring in more youths in the cooperative sector.
- The videos in the channel are to be launched in Hindi and other regional languages. The channel has so far been covering 18 states and more states are to be added in the near future.
|Ministry of Agriculture||Government ministry|
|Head Quarters||New Delhi|
1st Anniversary of creation of Ladakh and Jammu &Kashmir celebrated
- The Union Territories of Ladakh and Jammu and Kashmir celebrated their first anniversary of formation.
- GoI revoked the special status to Jammu and Kashmir by modifying Article 370 of the Constitution. After the abrogation of the article, two union territories Ladakh and Jammu and Kashmir were carved out under Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act 2019.
J&K Lieutenant Governor Girish Chandra Murmu resigned
- On AUG 5, 2020, the day when the Union Territories (UTs) Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh celebrated their one year of formation, the Lieutenant Governor of J&K Girish Chandra Murmu resigned. He sent his letter of resignation to President Ram Nath Kovind.
- Following his resignation, Manoj Sinha has been appointed as the LG of Jammu and Kashmir.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India has contributes 15 million USD to India-UN Development Partnership Fund
- India contributed 15.46 million USD to the India-UN Development Partnership Fund.
- India has contributed the funds to the United Nations Office for South-south Cooperation (UNOSSC) as a permanent representative of the UN. Of this, 9.46 million USD has been dedicated to the Commonwealth countries and 6 million USD to the overall fund.
- The fund is managed by UNOSSC. It was established in 2017. The Fund supports developing countries in achieving their 2030 Agenda of Sustainable Development. Currently, there are 36 projects being implemented in 37 countries with the help of the fund.
Japan marks 75th anniversary of World’s 1st atomic bomb attacks on Hiroshima & Nagasaki
- On AUG 6, 2020, Japan marks the 75th anniversary of the world’s first atomic bomb attack on the city of Hiroshima.
- In 1945, the United States warplane Enola Gay dropped an atom bomb named “Little Boy” in the city of Hiroshima killing 140,000 people. Three days later, on August 9, the United States dropped another atom bomb “Fat Man” in Nagasaki that killed more than 40,000 people.
- The survivors of the bomb are known as “Hibakushas”. The Hibakushas experienced long-term effects and elevated risks of thyroid cancer and leukemia.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
Sugar exported to refineries within SEZ to be eligible for export benefits: Central Government
- The central government has clarified that supply of sugar by mills to refineries in Special Economic Zones (SEZ) will be considered to be export for the purpose of certain benefits available to other mills.
- The benefits are under for Maximum Admissible Export Quantity (MAEQ) scheme for the current sugar season 2019-20, which was notified to facilitate exports and improve the liquidity of the sugar mills to help them pay for cane purchased from farmers.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Indian apps see surge of new entrants out to replace banned Chinese peers
- The ban on 59 Chinese apps appears to be generating a vigorous response from Indian entrepreneurs — many from smaller towns — keen to fill the void. The Indian Android app ecosystem has witnessed a stream of new entrants after the Chinese apps were banned on June 29 over security concerns in the wake of rising border tensions between the two countries.
- Young developers from places such as Solapur in Maharashtra & Gir Somnath village in Gujarat have launched Indian alternatives to consumer-centric Chinese utility apps.
Indian s/w product companies write to govt requesting reforms the sector
- India’s homegrown software product firms have urged the govt to reform the sector, in order to better compete with global rivals.
- About 120 large product companies, including prominent ones such as Zoho, Freshworks, Tally Solutions and Quick Heal Technologies NSE 2.44 %, have written to Union Minister of Electronics & IT Ravi Shankar Prasad requesting that the government should do away with tax deducted at source (TDS) on local software products and Softex forms that assess the value of a product each time it is exported.
|Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology Headquarters||Sanchar Bhawan, New Delhi|
Ministry of Communications& Information Technology
Ravi Shankar Prasad, Cabinet Minister, Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre, Minister of State
Ajay Prakash Sawhney, Secretary
|Jurisdiction||Govt of India|