Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL HAPPINESS HAPPENS DAY – On this day each year just let it happen. You know. Happiness. Because happiness happens. The day encourages happiness all day. Recognize every moment of glee, joy, delight, and pleasure. Don’t let it pass.
NATIONAL DOLLAR DAY – On this day, commemorates the day Congress established the U.S. monetary system in 1786. In 1862, the United States printed its first dollar bill. Do you know whose face was printed there? It wasn’t George Washington. The first dollar bill featured Salmon P. Chase, President Lincoln’s Secretary of Treasury.
- New UPSC chairman Pradeep Kumar Joshi to have tenure till April 4, 2022
- Civil Aviation Minister announces interim relief for victims of Air India Express flight crash
- UP CM to be invited to lay foundation stone for public facilities on land for mosque in Ayodhya
- 20 bodies recovered from landslip site in Kerala; NDRF search on to locate missing persons
- Targeting WeChat, US president Donald Trump takes aim at China’s bridge to the world
- Donald Trump’s orders on WeChat and TikTok are uncertain. That may be the point.
- Russia continues to interfere in Presidential election to help Trump, U.S. Intelligence says
- Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh urges Centre to think out of the box to generate employment opportunities
- Centre may take up Trump’s foreign medicines restrictions during FTA talks, downplays impact
- CBDT issues norms for ‘Mutual Agreement Procedure’, an alternative dispute resolution process
- Committee of Creditors to vote on compliant resolution plan as per amended CIRP regulations
- Young population ready to adapt, more confident of future: Standard Chartered Survey
- Food Ministry to move cabinet note on extension of sugar buffer stock subsidy scheme: Secy
- Noida continues to drive office space leasing in NCR as companies take advantage of low rents
- Private equity firm KKR withdraws intention to sponsor India Grid Trust
- Covid Impact: Top business schools defer placements by close to four weeks
- Agriculture Ministry issues alert on suspicious seed parcels, possibly of Chinese origin
- Loan restructuring plan shows India’s financial sector is short on capital and truth
- Piyush Goyal to apprise PM Modi of crucial Bilaspur-Leh railway line progress
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Delhi: CM Arvind Kejriwal launches Electric Vehicle Policy
- On August 7, 2020 Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched ‘Delhi Electric Vehicle Policy’ under which his government will waive registration fee and road tax, and provide incentives for new EVs in the national capital.
- It will give incentive of up to Rs 30,000 for two-wheelers, autos and e-rickshaws while for cars, it will give incentive of up to Rs 1.5 lakh.
Jal Shakti Ministry has launched new version of India-WRIS
- The Ministry of Jal Shakti has launched a new version of the India Water Resources Information System (India-WRIS). The new system provides with new functionalities and features. The advanced version is to address the requirement of a strong data base and a reliable information system.
- The new version of India-WRIS is open to the public, and accessible through the web portal www.indiawris.gov.in.
- The portal contains information related to Water Resources for rainfall, water levels & discharge of rivers, water bodies, groundwater levels, reservoir storages.
|Ministry of Jal Shakti Founded||May 2019|
|Predecessor||Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation|
Ex-Gujarat cadre IAS officer G.C. Murmu appointed as Comptroller and Auditor General of India
- The Centre on August 6, 2020 appointed ex-Gujarat cadre IAS officer G.C. Murmu as Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG) a day after he resigned as the Lieutenant-Governor of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir. Murmu will take over as the C&AG from Rajiv Mehrishi, whose tenure has ended.
|Comptroller and Auditor General of India Deputy||Deputy Comptrollers and Auditors General of India|
|Founder||Constitution of India|
|Appointer||President of India|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
PM Narendra Modi & Srilanka PM Mahinda Rajapaksa held discussion
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a conversation with the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka H.E. Mr. Mahinda Rajapaksa on 6 August 2020. The leaders discussed the constraints of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi appreciated the strong democratic values shared by both countries and conveyed his wishes to H.E. Mr. Mahinda Rajapaksa for his impressive electoral performance.
- Both the leaders reiterated the shared commitment to strengthen the multi-dimensional India-Sri Lanka relationship. The leaders stressed the significance of early progress in all spheres of bilateral cooperation.
Sri Lanka Ruling alliance wins 145/225 seats in parliamentary polls
- The ruling Sri Lanka People’s Freedom Alliance (SLPFA) won 145 out of 225 seats in the parliamentary election held in Sri Lanka on August 5, 2020. The Sri Lanka People’s Party (SLPP) of President Gotabaya Rajapaksa and his brother and former President Mahinda Rajapaksa is the leading party in SLPFA.
- In opposition, Samagi Jana Balawegaya won 54 seats while the rest accounted for 26 seats.
Twitter has labels state-controlled media outlets, government officials’ accounts
- Twitter has announced it would not amplify tweets by state-controlled media outlets and label the accounts of government-linked media, and key govt officials from the five permanent member countries of the United Nation Security Council: China, France, Russia, the UK and the US.
|American microblogging and social networking service|
|CEO||Jack Dorsey (30 Sep 2015–)|
U.S. Secretary of State Michael Pompeo holds talks with External Affair Minister S. Jaishankar
- U.S. Secretary of State Michael Pompeo spoke with External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on August 6, 2020 to discuss a range of bilateral issues including, as per a U.S. State Department statement, “recent destabilizing actions in the region,” possibly a reference to Chinese aggression on the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
RBI provides additional liquidity of Rs 5,000 cr each for NABARD, NHB
- The Reserve Bank of India on August 6, 2020 offered an additional special liquidity facility of Rs 5,000 crore each at its policy lending rate to NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development) and NHB (National Housing Bank) to boost rural lending and affordable housing.
|National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development(NABARD)||It is an apex development finance institution.|
|Purpose||Development assistance; Poverty Reduction|
Exim Bank extends $250 mn LoC to Mozambique for improving power supply
- Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) on August 7, 2020 said it has extended a USD 250-million (about Rs 1,870 crore) line of credit (LOC) to Mozambique for improving power supply quality in the country.
Serum Institute to tie up with GAVI, Gates Foundation for Covid19 vaccine supply
- The Pune-based Serum Institute of India said it will partner with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and international vaccine alliance GAVI to manufacture and deliver 100 million COVID-19 vaccine doses for India and other low- and middle-income nations as early as 2021.
- The institute said on August 7, 2020 it will get funding to support manufacturing for candidate vaccines from AstraZeneca and Novavax.