Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
QUIT INDIA DAY- On this day, every year. The day commemorates th the important movement in the freedom struggle. The day is celebrated to pay tribute to the freedom fighters.
INTERNATIONAL DAY OF THE WORLD’S INDIGENOUS PEOPLES- On this day, observed by the United Nations (UN) and its member states. The day marks the first meeting of the UN Working Group on Indigenous Populations of the Sub-Commission on the Promotion and Protection of Human Rights in 1982.
NATIONAL BOOK LOVERS DAY – On this Day, harnesses of all excitement bibliophiles feel about books into one celebration. The day for all those who love read, National Book Lovers Day encourages you to find your favorite reading place, a good book (whether it be fiction or non-fiction) and read the day away.
NATIONAL SPIRIT OF ’45 Day – On this Day, honors the can-do attitude of an entire generation affected by the trials and hardships of World War II. Each one honors those who have inspired us, sacrificed, and preserved our nation for future generations.
- Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot to MLAs: Listen to voice of people to save democracy
- Amit Shah has not undergone any fresh COVID-19 test, Govt official clarifies
- ED grills Rhea Chakraborty’s brother overnight in money laundering case; calls her again on Monday
- PM releases Rs 17,000 Cr to 8.5 Cr farmers under PM-KISAN scheme
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh promised a ‘bang’, ended with a ‘whimper’: Chidambaram
- Delhi’s education board to be operational by next year; not to be imposed on govt schools
- COVID-19 situation in Delhi under control, recovery rate improving: Arvind Kejriwal
- In Kolkata, drive-in darshan concept to combat COVID-19 crisis this Durga puja
- After landslide victory, Mahinda Rajapaksa takes oath as Sri Lankan Prime Minister
- Donald Trump signs coronavirus relief orders extending economic relief for Americans
- Coaching classes are not eligible for GST exemption, rules Maharashtra bench of the AAR
- Indians outlook to personal financial matters changes in COVID-19 aftermath: Survey
- India attracts USD 22 billion FDI during COVID-19: Amitabh Kant
- Will have to increase import duties in more sectors to encourage local manufacturing: Nitin Gadkari
- Arvind Panagariya cautions govt: Import licences will be a complete violation of WTO
- Expect sales volume to improve in festive season, positive recovery in Oct-Mar period: Honda
- Amway India launches protection gear for frontline workers under COVID-19 Relief Programme
- Reliance has a 15-year plan to convert itself into a new energy company
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation cuts debt by 35 per cent to Rs 13,949 crore
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
1st Kisan Rail from Devlali to Danapur flagged off
- Indian Railways unveiled the first “Kisan Rail” from Devlali to Danapur on 7th August 2020 from Devlali. Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Rural Development and Panchyati Raj Minister, Narendra Singh Tomar and Railways and Commerce & Industry Minister, Piyush Goyal flagged off the train via video conferencing.
- The Kisan Rail will run on a weekly basis with an initial composition of 10 +1 VPs. Kisan Rail was announced in the 2020 budget.
- Agriculture produce needs the best possible distribution and returns.
|Indian Railways||Railway company|
|Founded||16 April 1853, India|
|Number of employees||13,08,000 (2016-2017)|
Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India has launched Virtual Office Network to Spearhead Tribal Socio-Economic Development
- TRIFED under Ministry of Tribal Affairs, has launched launched its own Virtual Office Network to Spearhead Tribal Socio-Economic Development on the occasion of its 33rd Foundation Day on August 6, 2020. TRIFED has doubled its efforts to offer its help and support the tribal people in employment and livelihood generation.
- The TRIFED Virtual office network has 81 online workstations and 100 additional converging State and agency workstations that will help the team of TRIFED warriors work with their partners across India on Mission-mode with an aim to bring the tribal people closer to mainstream development.
|Ministry of Tribal Affairs Officeholder||Jasvantsinh Sumanbhai Bhabhor (Minister of State)|
|Headquarters||Shastri Bhawan, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road, New Delhi – 110 011|
Prof. Dr. Pradeep Kumar Joshi took oath as Chairman of UPSC
- Prof. (Dr.) Pradeep Kumar Joshi took the oath of office and secrecy as Chairman of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on 7 August 2020.
- The oath office was administered by Shri Arvind Saxena, the outgoing Chairman of the Commission. Prior to this Prof.(Dr.) Joshi served as a Member of UPSC.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
UNs releases 6 million USD in response to Beirut Explosion
- The United Nations released 6 million USD in response to the explosion at Beirut port. With this, the total UN funding towards relief operation of the explosion has come to 15 million USD.
- A catastrophic blast occurred at the Lebanon capital, Beirut. It was driven by tonnes of Ammonium Nitrate.
|Beirut||Capital of Lebanon|
|Ammonium Nitrate||Chemical compound|
|It is a chemical compound with the chemical formula NH₄NO₃. It is a white crystalline solid consisting of ions of ammonium and nitrate. It is highly soluble in water and hygroscopic as a solid, although it does not form hydrates.|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AGRICULTURE
Prime Minister Modi was launch financing facility under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund
- PM Modi is to launch financing facility of Rs 1 lakh crore under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund via video conferencing. Along with the facility the Prime Minister will also release sixth installment of funds of Rs 17,000 Cr. This is to benefit more than 8.5 crore farmers under PM-KISAN scheme.
- The funding facility is to catalyse creation of post-harvest management community and infrastructure farming assets such as collection centres, cold storage, processing units, etc. The assets will enable farmers to get greater value for their produce.