Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
International Day of UN Peacekeepers – Every year, the United Nations celebrates International Day of UN Peacekeepers on May 29.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- Chennai-based Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology (CIPET) renamed as Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering & Technology.
- Kerala: Liquor sales resumed through state-run BEVCO outlets on prior booking through BevQ mobile app.
- No recent contact between PM Modi & US President Donald Trump: Govt Sources.
- India, China have established mechanisms to peacefully resolve situations arising in border areas: MEA.
- Railways Ministry appeals to persons in the COVID-19 risk category to avoid travel by trains.
- Over 2 lakh metric tonnes of food grains lifted by states for May & June: FCI
- FM Nirmala Sitharaman chairs 22nd Meeting of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC).
- FM Nirmala Sitharaman launches the facility of Instant PAN allotment through Aadhaar based e-KYC.
- FDI in India grew by 13 percent to a record of USD 49.97 billion in 2019-20
- China’s parliament approves the Hong Kong security bill that could allow Chinese intelligence agencies to set up bases in the city.
- Hong Kong could lose US trading privileges after Trump administration revoked its special status
- US House approves sanctions on Chinese officials involved in ill-treatment of Uighurs in Xinjiang.
- Facebook launched an experimental app named ‘Collab’ that lets users make short music videos.
Current Affairs: INDIA
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed a $177 million loan to upgrade 450 kilometers of state highways and major district roads in Maharashtra.
- The project aims to improve connectivity between rural areas and urban centers in Maharashtra. It will enable rural communities to better access markets, employment opportunities, and services.
- It is expected that improved mobility will expand development and livelihood opportunities outside Maharashtra urban centers to second-tier cities and towns. It will reduce income disparities.
|Maharastra Governor||Bhagat Singh Koshyari|
|Formation||May 1, 1960 – Maharashtra Day|
|ADB Headquarters||Mandaluyong, Philippines|
FM: launches facility of Instant PAN through Aadhaar based e-KYC
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has officially launched the facility of instant PAN through Aadhaar based e-KYC on 28 May. The facility is in line with the announcement made in the Union Budget.
- The new facility is now available for those PAN applicants who possess a valid Aadhaar number and have a mobile number registered with Aadhaar. The electronic PAN (e-PAN) is issued to the applicants free of cost.
|PAN Card Issued by Indian Income Tax Department,|
CIPET is renamed as Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering and Technology
- Centre has been renamed the Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology (CIPET), a premier national institution under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, as Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering & Technology (CIPET).
- The announcement was made by the Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers DV Sadananda Gowda.
Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers – DV Sadananda Gowda.
New Freshwater fish “Punitus Sanctus” found
A new freshwater fish called Punitus Sanctus was found in Velankanni, Tamil Nadu. The fish was found in a small water body.
Sanctus means ‘holy’ in Latin. Punitus is a species of fish that are commonly found in the drains of western and eastern ghats and also in Eastern Himalayas.
Current Affairs: International
Donald Trump signs an executive order regarding liability protections for social media companies
- US President Donald Trump signed an executive order regarding liability protections for social media companies such as Twitter and Facebook for content posted on these platforms.
- The president claimed that the move aims to defend free speech from one of the gravest dangers it has faced in American history. The move came after Twitter applied fact checks to two of President Trump’s tweets.
Current Affairs: Sports
Cricket Australia announces dates for India’s tour to Australia starting October
- Cricket Australia has announced the dates for India’s tour to Australia starting October this year for an assignment comprising four Tests, ODIs as well as T20 Internationals.
Virat Kohli’s men will tour the country for a T20 series first, which will begin on October 11 at Brisbane followed by matches on October 14 and 17.
- The Men in Blue will then return for a four-Test series, beginning on December 3 at Brisbane, and it will be followed by a three-match ODI series. The ODI series is scheduled to begin with a match on January 12 in Perth next year.
|Coach||Justin Langer (Head coach)|
|Captains||Aaron Finch, Tim Paine|
- During the lockdown, around 9.67 crore farmers were benefitted through Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi.
- This was done through the funds allocated under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana. Since the lockdown, that is in the months of April and May 2020 around 19,000 crores of rupees were released.
- The amounts under the scheme have been transferred to the accounts of the farmers directly. The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana aimed to ease the life of the people during a lockdown.
|PM-KISAN scheme was launched||2019|
|Estimated cost||Rs. 75000 Cr|
Current Affairs: Business
Sensex slides over 300 pts; Nifty falls 96 pts in opening trade
- Sensex tumbled over 300 points in early trade today dragged by losses amid weak cues from global markets.
- After touching a low of 31,824 in the opening session, the 30-share index was trading 312 points or 0.97 percent down at 31,888. Similarly, NSE Nifty fell 96 points or 1.01 percent to 9,394.
SBI reduces interest rates on fixed deposits by 40 bps
- State Bank of India (SBI) has reduced interest rates on retail term deposits by up to 40 basis points (bps) across all tenors. It’s the 2nd reduction in fixed deposits interest rates by the lender in May. It had reduced its deposit rates on the 12th of May.
|Founded||1 July 1955|