Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
International Literacy Day – On this day, across the countries. The day is celebrated to spread awareness about the importance of literacy. It emphasises on the need for intensified efforts towards more literate societies.
- Threat of climate change real, have to move to net zero carbon emissions: Piyush Goyal
- Nitish’s Womaniya vs Tejashwi’s Yuva, the battle cry of Bihar
- Government working tirelessly towards ‘Education for All’ mission: Amit Shah
- J&K glaciers melting at ‘significant’ rate, study finds
- Malaysia seeks to reroute $10.6 billion belt-and-road rail project, reassess cost and schedule
- Exxon downsizes global empire as Wall Street worries about dividend
- China passed ‘extraordinary and historic’ virus test, says bullish Xi Jinping
- India pushes state-run banks to step up loans to street vendors, say sources
- More than 42 cr poor get Rs 68,820 cr financial aid under PM Garib Kalyan Yojana
- Major downward revision in full-year GDP forecast by agencies raises alarmUttarakhand to present Badrinath beautification master plan worth over Rs 400 crore to PMO
- Railways making ‘serious efforts’ to increase its modal share of freight: Piyush Goyal
- Vodafone Idea MD & CEO to get no remuneration for 3-year tenure
- To deal with pandemic blow, Piaggio to offer Vespa and Aprilia Scooters on lease
- Mexico’s Grupo Bimbo eyes majority stake in Modern Foods business
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
AIM, NITI Aayog partnered with Freshworks to empower AIM Startup Innovators
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog, has partnered with Freshworks Inc., a customer-engagement software company, with an aim to provide robust support to innovators and entrepreneurs in India. It also aims to increase the efficiency of several institutions and startups in the AIM portfolio.
- Under the partnership, Freshworks will provide credits for its suite of products to AIM and its beneficiaries. It aims to empower startups to function efficiently while keeping a tab on costs in related activities.
|NITI Aayog Formed||January 1, 2015|
|Jurisdiction||Govt of India|
JNCASR under DST & GoI researchers developed diagnostic therapy for Lung Cancer
- Researchers from Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), an autonomous institute under the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt of India (GOI), have developed a theranostics (diagnostic therapy) drug candidate for lung cancer.
Fruits and vegetables in Jammu & Kashmir covered under ‘Operation Green’s TOP to TOTAL’ scheme
- Centre has brought majority of fruits and vegetables grown in Jammu under a fresh initiative of Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan. All the fruits and vegetables in J&K will be covered under the ‘Operation Green’s TOP to TOTAL’ scheme.
- This step is aimed at supporting farmers of Fruits and Vegetables. It will prevent distress sales and Price stabilization interventions. The scheme has been extended from Tomato, Onion and Potato (TOP) to all fruits and vegetables (TOTAL) for a period of six months.
Indira Gandhi peace prize awarded to Sir David Attenborough
- Sir David Attenborough, who is a naturalist and broadcaster, will be awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development for the year 2019. An international jury chaired by former President Pranab Mukherjee selected him for the 2019 prize.
- He was selected for the prize because he spent a lifetime of doing research to reveal wonders of natural world to people. His work was diverted towards awakening the humans about the need to preserve and protect biodiversity of the planet and to live in a sustainable way with all life. He was also advocated for stopping a plague on Earth.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
World Bank’s loan for Himanchal Pradesh State Roads Transformation Projects
- World Bank and the govt of Himachal Pradesh signed $82 million loan for the implementation of Himachal Pradesh State Roads Transformation Project.
- The project will strengthen the transport and road safety institutions of Himachal Pradesh. It aims at improving the condition, safety, resilience, and engineering standards of state road network.
|World Bank Headquarters||Washington, D.C., United States|
|Parent organization||World Bank Group|
|Founders||John Maynard Keynes, Harry Dexter White|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
DRDO successfully flight tested Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle
- Defence Research and Development Organisation has successfully demonstrated the hypersonic air-breathing scramjet technology with the flight test of the Hypersonic Technology Demonstration Vehicle (HSTDV) from Dr.APJ Abdul Kalam Launch Complex at Wheeler Island, Odisha on 7th September.
- STDV was launched using a proven solid rocket motor at an altitude of 30 km.
|Preceding Ministry||Department of Defence (1938–47)|
|Founded||15 August 1947|
|Officeholders||Rajnath Singh (Minister), Subhash Bhamre (Minister of State)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
RBI to conduct simultaneous purchase and sale of government securities under OMO for Rs 10,000 Cr
- RBI have decided to conduct simultaneous purchase and sale of government securities under the Open Market Operation (OMO) for Rs 10,000 crore.
- Simultaneous purchase and sale of government securities under OMOs is known as Operation Twist.
- Under the operation, the short-term securities are transitioned into long term securities. It is aims at easing the interest rates on the long-term papers.
|RBI Governor||Shaktikanta Das|
|Founded||April 1, 1935, Kolkata|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
KV Kamath committee recommends 26 sectors for Loan Restructuring Scheme
- The Reserve Bank have accepted the recommendations of the KV Kamath Committee on ‘Resolution Framework for Covid19-related Stress’ which was submitted by panel on September 4, 2020.
- The 26 sectors are- Power, Construction, Iron & Steel Manufacturing, Roads, Real Estate, Trading-Wholesale Textiles, Chemicals, Consumer Durables/FMCG, Non-ferrous Metals, Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing, Logistics Gems & Jewellery, Cement, Auto Components, Hotel, Restaurants, Tourism, Mining, Plastic Products Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, Auto Dealership, Aviation, Sugar, Port & Port services, Shipping, Building Materials, Corporate Retail Outlets
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
First World Solar Technology Summit (WSTS) of ISA to be held
- The International Solar Alliance (ISA) is going to organise the first World Solar Technology Summit (WSTS) on September 8, 2020.
- In the virtual summit, around 26,000 participants have registered from 149 countries. The summit will focus on bringing the light on affordable and sustainable clean energy.