Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
WORLD’S ELEPHANT DAY – On this Day celebrated an international event that is dedicated to preserve and protect world elephants. The idea of World Elephant Day was conceived by Canadian film makers Patricia Sims and Michael Clark in Thailand.
NATIONAL MIDDLE CHILD DAY – On this Day honors that in-between child in the family. Larger families celebrate more than one middle child, too! Many believe birth order plays a pivotal role in the personalities of children. The Middle Child Syndrome describes the firstborn as the leader and the role-player.
- Three dead in police firing, as violence hits Bengaluru over ‘derogatory’ social media post
- Ex-religare promoter Malvinder Singh accuses Radha Soami satsang head of misusing influence
- SC’s judgment on daughter’s equal right to ancestral property will empower women from the business families
- Manipur political crisis: 6 out of 8 Congress MLAs who skipped Manipur trust vote quit
- One should be careful about one’s words, says Sachin Pilot, Congress leader
- Minister: Goa tops in number of COVID-19 tests per million
- Post Pilot-Congress truce, Rajasthan BJP defers legislature party meeting for Thursday
- Rajasthan Cheif Minister Ashok Gehlot salutes 100+ supporting MLAs’ resolve to stay united
- US Presidential Polls: VP pick Kamala Harris is the future, so Mike Pence may well be history
- Covid-19 is killing young Floridians. Work, not partying, is often to blame.
- Government to make purchase of bio-fertilisers compulsory with urea to reduce use of chemicals
- PM Modi monitoring Niti project to ensure credit for bottom of pyramid borrowers
- Another booster shot coming to revive economy, PM Modi may himself unveil some steps
- Agriculture alone can’t pull economy out of the crisis. This can
- Food & drinks, pharma to be part of India-UK pact: Jayant Krishna, CEO, UKIBC
- Maruti Suzuki set to post production growth for first time in 2020
- Hyundai gains slender edge over Maruti in SUVs to become India’s top-selling off-roader company
- Steering a comeback: SUV boom reduces gloom for auto companies
- Influencer marketing has a big fake followers issue but that’s not the only problem
- Big Saving Days Sale nets e-tailer Flipkart over Rs 2,600 crore in gross merchandise value
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Agriculture Minister has virtually launched Krishi Megh
- Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar virtually launched the Krishi Megh (National Agricultural Research & Education System -Cloud Infrastructure and Services).
- Krishi Megh is in line with the digital agriculture of New India. Also, he launched KVC ALUNET (Krishi Vishwavidyalaya Chhatr Alumni Network) and Online Accreditation System for Higher Agricultural Educational Institutions (HEI).
|Ministry of Agriculture||Government ministry|
|Head Quarters||New Delhi|
Uttar Pradesh: PFC has signed agreement to construct Modular Operation Theatres at District Hospital, Siddharthnagar
- Govt-owned Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC), India’s leading NBFC, signed a Memorandum of Association (MOA) with District Siddharthnagar in Uttar Pradesh for construction of two Modular Operation Theatre Rooms in the District Hospital, Siddharthnagar.
- Shri M. Prabhakar Das, CGM (CSR&SD), PFC, and Dr. Dinesh Kumar Chaudhary, Dy. CMO, Siddharthnagar signed the agreement on behalf of respective organizations.
- Under the MoA, PFC will provide financial assistance of close to Rs.94,00,000 for the execution of the Project to the District Administration, Siddharthnagar under its Corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiative.
|Power Finance Corporation Ltd(PFC)||Company|
|Owner||Government of India (52.63%)|
Department of Science & Technology investigated Huge amount of Carbon Dioxide released by Himalayan Geothermal Springs
- The Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology operating under the Department of Science and Technology investigated gas emissions in the springs of Himalayas. According to the study, the springs in the Himalayan region show a significant discharge of carbon dioxide.
- There are more than 600 Geothermal springs in the Himalayan region. They play a major role in regional & global climate. They are spread across 10,000 square kilo metres.
Chhattisgarh: CM launch “Indira Van Mitan Yojana”
- The Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel announced about the launch of “Indira Van Mitan Yojana” on the eve of International Day of World Indigenous People. It is an initiative to support forest dwellers of Chhattisgarh and achieve self-reliance.
- The scheme aims to benefit 19 lakh families from scheduled areas of Chhattisgarh by providing them with self-employment opportunities.
|Chhattisgarh||State of India|
|Chief minister||Bhupesh Baghel|
|Population||3.22 crores (2020)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Russia is planning to conduct 1st meeting of Russia-India-China summit
- Russia has proposed to host the first meeting of Russia-India-China (RIC) Defence Ministers in Moscow, Russia in September. The meeting will provide an opportunity for India and China to keep their communication channels open amid the Line of Actual Control (LAC) standoff.
- Russia will organize a RIC summit on the sidelines of the G20 meeting, which is scheduled to be held in Riyadh in November 2020 amid the rising tension between India and China.
|Russia President||Vladimir Putin|
|Prime minister||Mikhail Mishustin|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
DAC approved procurement proposals worth Rs.8,722.38 crore
- Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) has approved procurement proposals worth Rs.8,722.38 crore to strengthen the Armed Forces by relying on indigenous capability to take forward the initiative on ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’.
- The approval was announced in a meeting held under the Chairmanship of Defence Minister Rajnath Singh for capital acquisitions of various equipment and platforms required by the Indian Armed Forces.
- DAC has approved the procurement of 106 Basic Trainer Aircraft from Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL). The aim is to address the basic training requirements of the Indian Air Force (IAF).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Gold prices today tank 3% to Rs 50,000 on profit booking, vaccine hopes
- Gold and silver tanked in early trade on Wednesday, thanks to a massive bout of profit booking after a steep rally even as Covid-19 rampages throughout India, disrupting lives.
- Hopes of vaccine development too prompted some investors to reduce exposure to safe-haven assets.
- India has reported over 23 lakh Covid-19 cases by now with more than 46,000 deaths. Gold tends to gain when interest rates are low and political and economic uncertainties are high, and vice versa
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
COVAX Facility of WHO renews its invitation
- The COVAX Facility of the World Health Organization recently renewed its invitation to countries to join its COVID-19 vaccine facility. The COVAX facility is a mechanism designed to guarantee fair, rapid and equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines.
- COVAX is COVID-19 Vaccine Global Access facility. The facility is backed by Bill Gate Foundation. The foundation is working to make COVID-19 vaccines available to poor countries.
Main goals of COVAX?
- To actively manage portfolio of vaccines
- To deliver vaccines as soon as they are available
- To end acute phase of pandemic
- To rebuild economies