Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
Download Free Weekly Current Affairs (July 19 to July 25). pdf
INTERNATIONAL LEFT HANDERS DAY – On this day, recognizes all those individuals who have mastered using their left hand in a right-handed world. We take our hats off to you – left-handed! Approximately Ten Percent of the population are southpaws. Scientists don’t know why a person develops left-handedness.
- Covid-19 pandemic hits the only source of income for majority of Tibetan refugees
- ED sought freezing of bank accounts of J K Tyre & 8 others under PMLA
- India probing tainted money received by Indians embezzled by Brazil governor
- Restoration of 4G in J&K: Priority to non-border districts with low level of violence
- AICC grievance panel to hear out Pilot, ‘ex-rebel’ Congress loyalist MLAs too
- Delhi rains: Heaviest spell this monsoon season so far; city grapples with waterlogging woes
- Heavy rain in parts of Mumbai; IMD predicts more showers
- Bengaluru violence: How rioters launched guerrilla-like attack against cops
- US budget deficit climbs to record USD 2.81 tn, annual deficit may get doubled than all time high
- Lotus to Potus: Indian diaspora weighs in on Joe Biden’s pick Kamala Harris
- Is Democratic vice-president nominee Kamala Harris too ‘left’ or enough Indian?
- Faceless scrutiny, appeals to ease taxpayers’ compliance burden, increase fairness in tax system: FM
- PM Modi launches ‘Transparent Taxation – Honouring the Honest’
- The economic reality that’ll hit India as soon as reopening relief fades
- Yamaha launches online sales platform in India
- Hyundai Motor India launches Mobility Membership to enhance customer satisfaction
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Atal Innovation Mission AIM, Dell Technology has launched Student Entrepreneurship 2.0 Programme
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog, in collaboration with Dell Technologies has launched Student Entrepreneurship Programme 2.0 (SEP 2.0) for young innovators of Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs).
- The programme was launched following the success of SEP 1.0. It was launched by Dr Rajiv Kumar, Vice Chairman, NITI Aayog; Alok Ohrie, President and MD, Dell Technologies; R. Ramanan, Mission Director, AIM; and Dr Anjlee Prakash, Chairperson, Learning Links Foundation.
|NITI Aayog Formed||January 1, 2015|
|Jurisdiction||Govt of India|
Union Minister Prakash Javadekar launched the e-version of the book Connecting, Communicating, Changing
- Union Information and Broadcasting (I&B) Minister Prakash Javadekar launched the e-version of the book ‘Connecting, Communicating, Changing’. The book talks about the Vice President of India Venkiah Naidu’s three years in office. Also, the e-book was launched along with its print coffee table version which was released by Defense Minister Rajnath Singh at an event Upa-Rashtrapati Nivas in New Delhi.
- The book was brought out by Publications Division, captures through words and pictures the variegated activities of the Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu, including his travels in India and abroad.
|Ministry of Information & Broadcasting||Agency|
|Officeholder||Prakash Javadekar (Minister)|
|Departments||Films Division of India|
PM Modi to launch new platform“Transparent Taxation-Honouring the Honest”
- PM Modi is to unveil a new platform called “Transparent Taxation-Honouring the Honest”. This was earlier announced by the Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman as “Tax Charter” in Budget 2020-21.
- GoI is to unveil fresh measures including big-ticket infrastructure projects to make local industry more competitive. This mainly focuses to reorient tax administration. The steps are a part of Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan and Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana.
COVID-19: National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration meets for the 1st time
- On August 12, 2020, the National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration met for the first time. The meeting was chaired by the Niti Aayog member Dr V K Paul along with Secretary of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- The group discussed on the implementation and conceptualisation of delivery mechanism of COVID-19 vaccines. This included inputs from the Standing Technical Sub Committee of National Technical Advisory Group on Immunization (NTAGI). It also discussed the procurement mechanism of COVID-19 vaccines.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
United States: Senator Kamala Harris named Democratic Party’s Vice-Presidential candidate
- Joe Biden (77), Democratic Party’s candidate for forthcoming US Presidential election, selected Indian-origin senator Kamala Harris (55) as his choice as Vice-President.
- Harris was born to a Jamaican father and Indian mother and was elected to the Senate for the first time in 2016.
Youth uncertain of their future career prospects due to Covid-19: ILO Survey
- Half of the world’s youth population is subject to anxiety or depression-causing circumstances and more than a third are uncertain of their future career prospects due to the Covid-19 pandemic, according to the ‘Youth and Covid-19: impacts on jobs, education, rights and mental well-being’ survey by the International Labour Organization (ILO).
|International Labour Organization Headquarters||Geneva, Switzerland|
|Founder||Paris Peace Conference|
|Parent organizations||United Nations General Assembly, United Nations Economic and Social Council|
|Heads||Guy Ryder, Juan Somavía|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
GoI panel proposes two formats of Business Responsibility Report
- On AUG 12, 2020, the panel formed by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) made its proposals on Business Responsibility Report. The panel was formed in 2018 in efforts to have a single source for all the non-financial disclosures made by the corporates.
- The panel comprises of representatives of MCA, SEBI, etc.
- The panel proposed that the Business Responsibility Report shall be called as Business Responsibility and Sustainability Report. This is to help in reflecting better intent and scope of the report.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
PM SVANidhi Scheme: 5 lakh loan applications from street vendors
- The number of applications received by the Government of India under PM-SVANidhi Scheme crossed 5 lakhs in 41 days of its launch. The scheme was launched to benefit the street vendors. PM SVANidhi is PM Street Vendor’s Atma Nirbhar Nidhi.
- Under the scheme, the number of loans sanctioned has crossed 1 lakh. The Government aims to provide loans up to Rs 10,000 to the street vendors under the scheme. It was launched by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs under Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
Corporate Affairs Ministry’s panel calls for renaming Business Responsibility Report
- A committee constituted by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs in 2018 has proposed that the Business Responsibility Report of corporates should be called as the Business Responsibility and Sustainability Report (BRSR).
- The committee has suggested two formats for disclosures by corporates — a comprehensive format and a “lite version”.
Reliance Foundation partners with USAID, W-GDP to bridge gender digital divide
- Reliance Foundation has partnered with U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) for the Women’s Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP) Initiative, which aims to reduce the gender digital divide in India, the philanthropic arm of the Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) said on August 12, 2020.
|United States Agency for International Development Headquarters||Washington, D.C., United States|
|Agency executives||John Barsa, Acting Administrator; Bonnie Glick, Deputy Administrator;|
|Founder||John F. Kennedy|
|Founded||November 3, 1961|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: TECHNOLOGY
COVID-19: Israel shares high end technology with AIIMS
- Israel recently shared its artificial intelligence (AI)-based technologies and high-end equipment with AIIMS, Delhi. This is a part of India-Israel cooperation fight against COVID-19.
- These technologies include AI video-oriented and voice operated autonomous personal robot and mobile applications that can be installed on any mobile phones of COVID-19 staff. Also, Israel has provided a 120-hour disinfection product called CPD. This stays active to protect surface against new attacks of contamination.