Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
INDEPENDENCE DAY – Independence Day is celebrated annually on August 15 th as a national holiday in India commemorating the nation’s independence from the UK on August 15, 1947, the day when the provisions of the Indian Independence Act 1947, which transferred legislative sovereignty to the Indian Constituent Assembly, came into effect.
WORLD HONEY BEE DAY – On this day, brings a buzzing celebration for beekeepers, honey lovers, and all blooming things. The day recognizes both the honey bee and the beekeepers who tend the hives.
NATIONAL RELAXATION DAY – On this day, encourages us to slow down and unwind. It’s a day to focus on taking care of ourselves and take a moment to relax. Relaxation Day is important day as we all need a break from the fast-paced and often hectic lifestyles we live.
- J&K on a new journey of normalcy and development: LG in his Independence Day speech
- Mobile internet services snapped in Kashmir as Independence Day precautionary measure
- PM’s Independence Day speech reinforces resolve of self-reliant India: Rajnath Singh
- Why are people sitting in power scared of naming China, asks Congress
- All villages to be connected with optical fibre in next 1,000 days, says PM Modi
- Maharashtra government made 29.50 lakh farmers debt-free: CM Uddhav Thackeray
- Karnataka CM vows to build ‘Kalyana Rajya’, asks people not to fear coronavirus
- COVID-19: Will not open schools in Delhi unless fully convinced, says CM Kejriwal
- Iran threatens ‘dangerous future’ for United Arab Emirates after Israel deal
- United Nations Security Council rejects US proposal to extend arms embargo on Iran
- Japan marks the 75th anniversary of the end of war with no Shinzo Abe apology
- Finance Ministry drafts re-appointment of retired central govt employees rules
- CBDT sets up 30 assessment centres in 20 cities as part of new faceless taxation program.
- Finance Minister Sitharaman urges CPSEs to perform better in third capex review meeting
- EV makers seek more clarity on Govt allowing sale of vehicles without batteries
- HPCL, BPCL & 2 other firms fined Rs 286 crore for Mahul pollution
- Travel companies jump on the deal-wagon to get business moving
- Grooming products went out of fashion during lockdown; demand up seen since Unlock 1.0
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Defence Institute of Advanced Technology(DIAT) develops face mask named “Pavitrapati”, anti-microbial body suit “Aushada tara”
- Pune-based DIAT developed a biodegradable face mask named “Pavitrapati” which acts a virus neutraliser and an anti-microbial body suit named “Aushada tara”.
- Both were manufactured by Kolhapur-based textile company M/s Siddheshwar Techtessile Pvt. Ltd., Maharashtra.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Chinese President Xi Jinping launches a new version ‘Clean Your Plate Campaign’
- China has officially launched a new version of “Clean Your Plate Campaign” flagged by Chinese President Xi Jinping. “Different from the previous campaign, which was aimed at putting an end to officials’ extravagant feasts and receptions, the 2.0 version calls for the public to stop wasting food,” state-run Global Times reported on August 13, 2020.
|Country in East Asia|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
Union Defence Minister launched portal, “Opportunities for Make In India in Defence”
- Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh launched a portal for ‘Opportunities for Make In India in Defence’ through video conferencing. The facility was launched as part of ‘Atmanirbharta Saptah’ (Atmanirbharta Week).
- The portal aims to promote the indigenization in defence sector.
- The Ordnance Factory Nalanda, Defence Production unit of Bihar, launched an indigenous portal which will attract vendors on the stop shop online market.
|Preceding Ministry||Department of Defence (1938–47)|
|Founded||15 August 1947|
|Officeholders||Rajnath Singh (Minister), Subhash Bhamre (Minister of State)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
PM unveils ‘Honouring the Honest’ platform for Transparent Taxation
- PM Modi on August 13, 2020 launched a “Transparent Taxation — Honouring the Honest” platform that provides faceless assessment & faceless appeal and a taxpayers’ charter.
- Faceless assessment seeks to eliminate corrupt practices by eliminating the need for physical interface between assessing officers & assesses. The cases of scrutiny will now be allocated randomly to any official in any part of the country.
Retail inflation inches up to 6.93 percent in July
- Retail inflation inched up to 6.93 percent for the month of July as food prices shot up owing to disruption and floods in eastern India.
- The data for the month of June has been revised upwards to 6.23%.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: TECHNOLOGY
Ministry of New & Renewable Energy receive proposals over 10 GW of fresh solar power Equipment
- With the GoI pushing solar power in several aspects including Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan, the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has received several proposals to make Solar Equipment for over 10 GW.
- India has set its target to set up 100 GW of solar energy by 2022. India has already achieved 31 GW by October 2019. Currently, the country is focusing on domestic manufacturing to reduce dependency on imports.
|Ministry of New and Renewable Energy Departments||Solar Energy Corporation of India|
|Founder||Govt of India|
|Officeholder||R. K. Singh (MOS independent charge)|
Indian Coast Guard Offshore Patrol Vessel ‘Sarthak’ launched
- An Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPV) for the Indian Coast Guard named ‘Sarthak’ on August 13, 2020. OPV Sarthak is the 4th in the series of five OPVs.
- It has been designed and built indigenously by M/s Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL).
|Indian Coast Guard||Armed force|
|Motto: वयम् रक्षाम||(Sanskrit); Vayam Rakṣāmaḥ (ISO); transl. ‘We protect’|
|Director General||Director General Krishnaswamy Natarajan, PTM, TM|
|Headquarters||Ministry of Defence, New Delhi|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
GVP-SIRC developed Indigenous AUM Photonic System developed for Real-Time Remote Monitoring of Air Quality
- Scientific and Industrial Research Centre (GVP-SIRC) and GVP College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam, has developed an indigenous photonic system for real-time remote monitoring of air quality parameters. The system titled Air Unique-quality Monitoring (AUM) was developed under the Clean Air Research Initiative of the Department of Science and Technology.
- The AUM system is an innovative application of the principles of statistical mechanics, laser backscattering, optoelectronics, artificial intelligence (AI), machine/deep learning, and Internet of Things.