Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL AIRBORNE DAY – On this day, It honors the military’s airborne divisions of the Armed Forces. August 16, 1940, marks the date of the first official Army parachute jump at Ft. Benning, Georgia.
- Completely ban corporate funding of elections: Former External Affairs Minister S M Krishna
- COVID-19: India reports 63,490 fresh cases, recovery rate 71.91 per cent
- Govt mulling revising legal age of marriage for girls, hints PM Modi
- Jharkhand: CM Hemant Soren unveils new State logo displaying national emblem and ‘Palash flower’ (Butea monosperma)
- Rajasthan: Ashok-Gehlot led Congress govt. wins trust vote in the Legislative Assembly
- Madras HC suspends order restraining Patanjali from using term ‘Coronil’ for COVID-19 medicine
- Telangana crosses 91,000 mark in Covid-19 cases, death toll reaches 693
- Sri Lanka: Former Navy Chief Admiral Jayanath Colombage appointed new Foreign Secretary
- UAE to establish diplomatic ties with Israel, 3rd Arab nation after Egypt and Jordan
- UNSC defeats U.S. resolution to indefinitely extend the U.N. arms embargo on Iran
- Defence Minister launches SRIJAN portal to promote indigenization in defence sector by private sector companies
- Despite initial spike, NREGS work demand tapers, gives hope against blowout
- Indian Navy inks deal with Uttar Pradesh Expressway Industrial Development Authority for setting up centre of excellence in UP defence corridor
- Konkurs Missile Test & Launcher Equipment developed by Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) launched.
- In process of obtaining environmental clearance for new plant in Madhya Pradesh: Ipca Labs
- Crompton Greaves eyes inorganic growth opportunities to enter more product segments
- Thermal coal, coking coal imports at major ports dip 31% to 37 MT in April-July: IPA
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni (39) retires from international cricket; was captain of Indian team that won World Cup in 2011
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Suresh Raina announced retire from International Cricket
- Indian Cricket players M S Dhoni and Suresh Raina announced their retirement from International Cricket. This means that they shall still play for games conducted within India.
|Mahendra Singh Dhoni||Indian cricketer|
|Born||July 7, 1981 (age 39 years), Ranchi|
|Test debut (cap 251)||December 2, 2005 v Sri Lanka|
|Last ODI||9 July 2019 v New Zealand|
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched National Digital Health Mission
- On 15th August PM Modi launched the National Digital Health Mission on the 74th Independence day. It is expected that the mission would revolutionize India’s health sector.
- Under the National Digital Health Mission, every Indian will receive a unique health identity card. The mission features Tele-consultation and E-Pharmacies. Every citizen who holds the cards shall allow one-time access to the doctors and health care providers during their visit to the hospitals.
- National Digital Health Mission Mission allows patients to access health services remotely.
Odisha topped in implementing Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) scheme
- Odisha has topped in the implementation of the AMRUT scheme. As per the data provided by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Odisha has secured a score of 85.67%. Also, Chandigarh and Telangana have secured the second and third positions followed by Gujarat and Karnataka.
- AMRUT scheme was launched by PM Narendra Modi in June 2015. The scheme aims to establish an infrastructure that will ensure robust sewage networks and water supply for urban transformation.
|Chief minister||Naveen Patnaik|
Arunachal Pradesh Govt forms panel to discuss autonomous regions in the state
- Arunachal Pradesh: Govt formed a committee under the chairmanship of Deputy Chief Minister Chowna Mein to discuss possible solutions of the Patkai Autonomous Council and Mon autonomous Region.
|Arunachal Pradesh Capital||Itanagar|
|Union territory||January 21, 1972|
|Chief minister||Pema Khandu|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India sends 58 tons of emergency Humanitarian aid to Lebanon to assist Beirut Explosion Victims
- GoI has sent 58 tonnes of emergency humanitarian aid to the people affected by Beirut Explosion in Lebanon. This includes Personal Protective Equipment, surgical gowns, surgical gloves as well.
- India dispatched the aid through C-17 heavy lift aircrafts. It included wheat flour, pulses, sugar, blankets, sleeping mats, dignity kits, medical supplies, etc.
|Beirut||Capital of Lebanon|
Naga Independence Day celebrated in Nagaland & Manipur
- On 14th Aug, 2020, the 74th Naga Independence Day was celebrated in the states of Nagaland and Manipur.
- In Nagaland, the day was celebrated by the students by hoisting Naga National Flag. Nagaland became a state in 1963. However, a section of Naga leaders are continuing the movement claiming for sovereignty.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Parliamentary panel on Information Technology to look into Facebook’s content takedown concerns
- The Parliamentary Standing Committee on IT will look into reports that Facebook did not pull down hateful content posted by BJP legislators on its platform as it looked to seek favours from the government.
- “I will look into the issues raised & of course seek to hear from those named,” Shashi Tharoor, Kerala Member of Parliament from the Indian National Congress and chairman of the IT committee, said in microblogging platform Twitter.