Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL THRIFT SHOP DAY – On this day, get ready for some bargain shopping! Nearly every town in the US offers a thrift shop or 2nd-hand store. So there’s no excuse not to celebrate. A thrift shop (also known as a thrift store, charity shop, hospice shop, second-hand shop, consignment or resale shop) is a retail establishment that sells gently used items.
NATIONAL I LOVE MY FEET DAY! – On this day, it was observed annually on August 17th. To appreciate how valuable our feet are, to practice good foot care & pamper our feet. Our feet are our primary mode of transportation. Quietly & faithfully help us stand, swim, run, walk, play sports, jog, skip and dance. They take us to school and work.
- COVID-19 tests in India cross 3 crore mark
- COVID-19 case tally rises to 26.47 lakh, death toll crosses 50,000
- Arrested Governor of Brazil Sergio Cabral floated dozens of shell companies in India
- India’s bid to control the virus could actually be making things worse for the country
- PM Modi’s Independence Day message: Make in India for the world
- Bengaluru Violence: Karnataka govt says rioters will pay for damage, but may not take ordinance route
- When Kamala Harris asked aunt in India to break coconuts for her good luck at Hindu temple
- Kamala Harris appoints an Indian-American as her press secretary
- Kerala FM Thomas Isaac bats for GST e-invoicing in gold and jewellery trade
- Taxpayers need not disclose high-value transactions in ITR
- Modi’s plans to reform India hinge on one aspect: Free trade
- Prime Global Cities Q2 Index sees 0.9% rise; Mumbai, Bengaluru, New Delhi rankings dip: Report
- SpiceJet to induct its first Airbus A340 cargo aircraft in freighters fleet
- Mother Dairy to launch cow ghee cookies from Gandhiji’s Ashram
- Back to the paddy fields, coronavirus smashes Indian middle-class dreams
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Group of Ministers: E-Way Bill for Intra-State Movement of Gold under tax evasion & smuggling.
- A high-level ministerial panel of Goods & Services Tax council recently favoured e-way bill for intra state movement of gold. It will help track movement of gold under tax evasion and smuggling.
- The E-Way bill is an electronic challan that shows that tax has been completely paid before goods are moved from one place to another. This includes within the states and also outside the states. The bill is required to carry consignment of goods of value exceeding Rs 50,000. This can be greater for intra-state activities.
Prime Minister Modi to inaugurate Atal Tunnel by September 2020
- On August 15, 2020, the Himachal Pradesh CM Jai Ram Thakur announced that Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate “Atal Tunnel” by the end of September 2020.
- Tunnel is being built under Rohtang Pass in Pir Panjal range on the Leh-Manali highway. It is located at 3,100 metres above the sea level. The length of the tunnel is 8.8 kilo metres. The route is important as it feeds military supplied to the military sub sector that are located in Siachen Glacier and Aksai Chin.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Taiwan has purchases the Latest F-16 jets from the United States
- Taiwan recently signed an agreement to buy 66 of the latest F-16 jets from the US. This is expected to escalate the tensions between US and China further.
- This is the first purchase of Taiwan from the US since 1992. Though the deal was planned and talks were finalised a year ago, the move is likely to be denounced by Beijing. The sale of jets to Taiwan is to be completed by the end of 2026.
|Currency||New Taiwan dollar|
India, Brazil, Russia, China and South Africa (BRICS) Anti-Drug Working Group held
- The 4th session of Anti-Drug Working Group was held virtually. All the member countries of the group such as India, Brazil, Russia, China and South Africa participated in the session.
- The group reaffirmed their commitments towards the Anti-Drug Conventions. The meeting focused on misuse of technologies for drug trafficking. During the meet India stressed on the common points that emerged during discussions including need for real time information sharing.
|BRICS||Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.|
|Founders||India, China, Brazil, Russia|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
On Monday, SpiceJet to induct its first Airbus A340 cargo aircraft in freighters fleet
- SpiceJet on Monday said it will soon induct its first Airbus A340 cargo aircraft in its freighters fleet. The induction of the first wide-body freighter will help the airline to primarily operate cargo flights on long-haul routes including to destinations in Europe, CIS & African region, SpiceJet said in a release.
- With the latest induction, SpiceJet will have a dedicated fleet of nine freighter aircraft consisting of five Boeing 737s, three Bombardier Q-40 and one Airbus A340.
|Spice Jet||Air Line|
|CEO||Ajay Singh (21 May 2015–)|
|Founders||Ajay Singh, Bhupendra S. Kansagra|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
USFDA clears simple Saliva test called “SALIVA DIRECT” to detect COVID-19
- On August 16, 2020, the United States Food and Drugs Administration authorised the emergency use of saliva based diagnostic test for COVID-19. This is to be a game changer as it provides the results rapidly. The testing method has been named “SALIVA DIRECT”
- Saliva Direct testing method is simpler and is less expensive as compared to traditional method called the Nasopharyngeal swabbing. The test method is to be used to test players and staffs in National Basketball Association.
|Food and Drugs Administration||Federal agency|
|Founders||Harvey Washington Wiley, Theodore Roosevelt|