Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
NATIONAL AVIATION DAY – On this day, it recognizes the pioneers of human flight. For centuries, humans have been fascinated by flight.
- Peace parleys between NSCN-IM & the GoI back on track: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- HC seeks Andhra Pradesh & Centre views on the probing phone tapping charges
- India was known as ‘vishwa guru’, must regain its intellectual leadership: Venkaiah Naidu
- Harsh V Shringla Visits Dhaka, expected to take a trip to Myanmar
- Halls may open from next month, with limited viewers & strict social distancing rules
- Dharmendra Pradhan urges steel industry leaders to partner with government in providing housing for migrant workers
- CPC expels Xi Jinping’s critic, who accused him of provoking conflict with India to the divert attention
- India-US trade negotiations still a challenge: Moody’s Investors Service
- Government permits exports of certain non-woven fabrics used for making masks, coveralls
- Brillio sets up an office in Chennai
- RIL takes on Amazon in e-pharmacy biz, acquires majority stake in Netmeds for Rs 620 crore
- DoT moves NCLAT against Aircel resolution nod
- British equity firm Actis in hot water. Court directs Delhi Police to register FIR
- Flipkart gross merchandise value exceeds pre-COVID-19 level: Walmart
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
IIT-Madras has topped the ARIIA 2020
- The Vice-President of India M. Venkaiah Naidu announced Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) 2020 virtually on 18th August 2020. ARIIA classified institutes into 2 broad categories and 6 subcategories.
Rankings – The institutions were ranked as follows
- Rank I-IIT Madras
- Rank II-IIT Bombay
- Rank III-IIT Delhi
- Rank IV-IISc Bengaluru
- Rank V-IIT Kharagpur
- Rank VI-IIT Kanpur
- Rank VII-IIT Mandi
- Rank VIII-NIT Calicut
- Rank IX-IIT Roorkee
- Rank X-University of Hyderabad.
|ARIIA||ARIIA, 2020 was launched by Ministry of Education. It is to be noted that the Ministry of Human Resources and Development was renamed to Ministry Education. This step was taken when the GoI unveiled National Education Policy, 2020. The ARIIA is implemented by All India council for Technical Education (AICTE).|
Satya Pal Malik has appointed as Governor of Meghalaya
- Satya Pal Malik took charge as Governor of Meghalaya on AUG 18, 2020. He was replaced Tathagata Roy who completed his five-year tenure on the gubernatorial post. Satya Pal Malik who is currently serving as the Governor of Goa was transferred & appointed as Governor of Meghalaya.
|Meghalaya||State of India|
|Chief minister||Conrad Sangma|
PM Narendra Modi reviews Multi-Modal Connectivity of Economic Zones Project
- On AUG17, 2020: PMModi chaired a meeting to review preparations for National Master plan on Multi-modal Connectivity of Economic Zones Project. This will boost infrastructure, productivity, economic progress and opportunity for youngsters.
- A Special Economic Zone is a territory within national borders. The SEZs are created to promote investment, generate employment opportunities and also administer the economic areas in a better way.
CAMPA Funds to be used for Plantation drives and afforestation
- On AUG 18, 2020, Union Minister Prakash Javadekar held a meeting with 24 state forest ministers. During the meeting, the minister announced that the CAMPA funds shall be used only for plantation drives and afforestation. Also, the forest-based devolution funds are to be increased from 7 percent to 10 percent.
- CAMPA is Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management & Planning Authority. The Minister has directed 80% of CAMPA funds towards afforestation and plantation drives. The funds were used to pay salaries to forest officials and infrastructure acquisition.
Supreme Court Judgement on PM CARES Funds
- On AUG18, 2020, the SCof India pronounced its judgement on PM-CARES funds. According to the judgement, the apex court refused to direct the centre to transfer the contributions made under PM Cares Funds towards National Disaster Response Fund.
- The PM Cares Funds was set up by the central government as a public charity trust with the aim of dealing with emergency posed by COVID-19. A Public Interest Litigation (PIL) was filed at the Supreme Court by an NGO to seek to transfer the PM CARES Funds to National Disaster Response Funds (NDRF).
|National Disaster Response Force(NDRF)||Government ministry|
|Minister responsible:||Amit Shah, Minister of Home Affairs|
|Motto:||Saving Lives & Beyond|
|Agency executive:||SN Pradhan, IPS, Director General;|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
Border Roads Organisation (BRO) constructed Bailey bridge in Uttarakhand
- BRO has constructed a 180-feet bailey bridge in the Jauljibi sector of Pithoragarh district, Uttarakhand. The construction was done amid frequent landslides and heavy rains.
|Border Roads Organisation (BRO) Headquarters:||New Delhi|
|Director General||Lt. Gen.Harpal Singh|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
India-United States trade negotiations still a challenge delay due to COVID-19 pandemic: Moody’s Investors Service
- US-India trade negotiations will continue to be challenging and are likely to get delayed due to the Covid-19 pandemic, said Moody’s Investors Service.
- The two sides have been trying to thrash out a trade package with limited scope with the long-term aim of a free trade agreement (FTA) since last year, amid a plethora of unresolved trade issues.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Scientists has found that Dwarf planet Ceres is now an Ocean world
- Researchers stated that Ceres looks like an “Ocean World”. Teh scientist stated after analyzing the data collected by NASA’s Dawn spacecraft.
- The dwarf planet Ceres lies in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter and is also the largest object in that belt.
|NASA Headquarters||Washington, D.C., United States|
|Founder||Dwight D. Eisenhower|
|Founded||1 October 1958, United States|
International Solar Alliance (ISA) to organize the 1st World Solar Technology Summit on Virtual Platform
- ISA is to organize the 1st World Solar Technology Summit on a virtual platform on Sep 8, 2020. PM Modi will deliver the inaugural address of the First World Solar Technology Summit.