Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
Download Free Weekly Current Affairs (July 19 to July 25). pdf
Download Free Weekly Current Affairs (AUG 09 to AUG 15). pdf
NATIONAL RADIO DAY – On this day, recognizes the great invention of the radio. Celebrate the news, information, music, & stories carried across the airwaves. Several inventors had a part in the invention of the radio in the late 1800s. Amazingly, not just one person can be credited with its beginning. Instead, each component developed through invention and discovery.
- Contributions to PM-CARES (Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations) Fund need not be credited to NDRF: SC
- Sushant Singh Rajput death case: CBI sleuths to start their work through simulation
- Satya Pal Malik appointed Meghalaya Governor; Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari given additional charge of Goa
- Farooq Abdullah calls meeting today, after administration tells court all National Conference men free
- Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) renamed as Ministry of Education
- FB controversy: Shashi Tharoor, Nishikant Dubey move Privilege Notice against each other
- Uttar Pradesh: Home Ministry approves renaming of Manduadih railway station in Varanasi district as Banaras
- Coronavirus infections cross 3.5 lakh-mark in TN, deaths at 6,123
- United States Senate condemns China’s aggression against India, calls for diplomacy
- United States: 54.4 degrees Celsius, world’s hottest air temperature in a century, recorded in Mojave Desert
- ADB approves USD 1 billion loan for 82-km Delhi-Meerut regional rapid transit system
- Dream11 bags title sponsorship rights of IPL2020 for Rs 222 Cr
- RBI frames rules for setting up a new umbrella entity for retail payments in the country
- Major cabinet decisions: Power package extended, FRP for sugarcane hiked
- IBM expanding leadership team in India to focus on Cloud business
- Delhi govt allows hotels to reopen after five months
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Ravi Shankar Prasad launched Swadeshi Microprocessor Challenge to boost Start-up , innovation, and research in the country
- Union Minister of Law & Justice, Communications and Electronics & IT Ravi Shankar Prasad launched “Swadeshi Microprocessor Challenge- Innovate Solution for – Aatmanirbhar Bharat”.
- To provide further impetus to the strong ecosystem of Start-up, innovation, and research in the country.
|Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology Headquarters||Sanchar Bhawan, New Delhi|
|Preceding Ministry||Ministry of Communications& Information Technology|
|Ministry executive||Ajay Prakash Sawhney, Secretary|
|Jurisdiction||Govt of India|
Union Cabinet approved setting up of National Recruitment Agency
- The Union Cabinet headed by PM Modi approved the setting up of the National Recruitment Agency (NRA). Aim is to pave the way for a transformational reform in the recruitment process for central govt jobs.
Dhanwantari Rath: bring Ayurveda at doorsteps of Delhi Police families
- All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) signed a Memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Delhi Police to extend the Ayurveda Preventive and Promotive health services in the residential colonies of Delhi Police.
|All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) Founded||October 17, 2017|
|Director||Prof. Dr Tanuja Nesari|
Indian Railways has introduced Drone based Surveillance System
- On August 18, 2020, the Ministry of Railways announced that the drone-based surveillance system is to be introduced for the purpose of railway security.
- The Railway Protection Force has so far procured drones at a cost of Rs 32 lakhs. The drones are to be implemented in Central Railway, South Eastern Railway, Central Railway and South Western Railway.
|Indian Railways||Railway company|
|Founded||16 April 1853, India|
|Number of employees||13,08,000 (2016-2017)|
UP Goverment launched Electronics Manufacturing Policy
- On August 19, 2020, the Uttar Pradesh Govt launched the Electronics Manufacturing Policy. It aims to bring in Rs 40,000 crores of investment in five years. The policy aims to develop Bundelkhand and Purvanchal regions.
- The policy aims to make Uttar Pradesh a global electronics hub. Also, it will attract international investors to shift their base to India after COVID-19 crisis.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Asian Development Bank approves One billion USD for Delhi-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System
- On AUG 18, 2020, ADB has approved 1 billion USD loan to support construction of modern high-speed Delhi-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System in India. The system is first of its kind.
- The system aims to help improve regional connectivity by establishing transit options connecting Delhi and Meerut in UP. The system is the first of the three priority rail corridors in the integrated transport network of NCR Regional Plan 2020-21.
|Asian Development Bank Headquarters||Mandaluyong, Philippines|
|Founded||December 19, 1966|
South Atlantic Anomaly: NASA Scientists confirms dent in the Earth’s Magnetic field
- NASA Scientists have discovered a small but an evolving dent in the earth’s magnetic field. The dent has been found over South America and South Atlantic Ocean. It is an unusually weak spot and is called South Atlantic Anomaly.
|NASA Headquarters||Washington, D.C., United States|
|Founder||Dwight D. Eisenhower|
|Founded||1 October 1958, United States|
ILO-ADB Report: 41 lakh Indian Youths to lose job due to COVID-19
- The International Labour Organization and the Asian Development Bank prepared a joint report on “Tackling COVID-19 Youth employment crisis in Asia and Pacific”. The report says that around 41 lkahs of Indian youth are to lose their job due to COVID-19 crisis.
- The report prepared jointly by the international organizations say that the major percentage of job loss are to be faced by workers belonging to farm and construction sector.
|International Labour Organization Headquarters||Geneva, Switzerland|
|Founder||Paris Peace Conference|
|Formation||11 April 1919; 101 years ago|
|Parent organizations||United Nations General Assembly, United Nations Economic and Social Council|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
To help job seekers Google brings ‘Kormo Jobs’ app to India
- Google said it is bringing its ‘Kormo Jobs’ Android app to India to help job seekers find and apply for positions across India.
- The tech giant, which introduced ‘Jobs’ last year in India as part of Google Pay to connect job seekers with opportunities in industries like on-demand businesses, retail and hospitality, said the offering will be rebranded to ‘Kormo Jobs’