Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
Download Free Weekly Current Affairs (July 19 to July 25). pdf
Download Free Weekly Current Affairs (AUG 09 to AUG 15). pdf
NATIONAL SENIOR CITIZENS DAY – On this day, recognizes the achievements of the more mature representatives of our nation. This day provides, opportunity to show our appreciation for their dedication, accomplishments, and services they give throughout their lives.
- Moderate to heavy rains in Mumbai, Thane; more showers likely in next 24 hours
- SC rejects plea seeking inquiry into conduct of ex-CJI Ranjan Gogoi as judge
- Gold smuggling case: Special Court in Kochi rejects bail plea of Swapna Suresh
- Fire mishap in underground power plant in Telangana, nine trapped in tunnel
- Telangana nears one lakh mark in coronavirus cases, death toll reaches 737
- India-Maldives air bubble, first in South Asia, likely to be operational next week
- Indian national arrested in $21 million H-1B visa fraud conspiracy in US
- Imran’s Catch-22 situation as ties with Saudi deteriorate; UAE-Israel deal upsets Pak’s outreach
- Centre eases norms to offer 50% of pay for three months as unemployment allowance
- Strategic autonomy needed in supply chains: External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar
- With its eyes on inflation, RBI may halt rate cuts for the foreseeable future
- IBM, National Skill Development Corporation join hands to offer free digital skills training
- British metal magnate Sanjeev Gupta targets string of smaller steel buys in India
- Amazon India partner Future Retail faces debt deadline as grace period ends
- Strides Pharma gets USFDA nod for Ursodiol tablets, a liver disease treatment drug
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
RBI Set up framework for Authorization of Pan-India Umbrella Entity for Retail Payments
- The RBI released Framework for Authorisation of Pan-India Umbrella Entity for retail payments. The RBI will set up a new pan-India umbrella entity with a minimum paid-up capital of Rs 500 Cr.
- The entity will set up, operate, manage new payment systems that comprises of ATMs, Aadhaar based payments, label Point of Sales, remittance services. Also, it will develop standards, payment methods and technologies related issues.
- The authorisation is to be issued by the Board for Regulation and Supervision of Payment and Settlement Systems. The directors of the board are to be appointed by the Apex bank.
|RBI Governor||Shaktikanta Das|
|Founded||April 1, 1935, Kolkata|
India: Building road to connect Ladakh, Manali via Nimu-Padam-Darcha axis
- In response to border row with China, India is building road connecting Ladakh and Manali via Nimu-Padam-Darcha axis.
- Once complete, the road will provide the third link to Ladakh for the rest of the country. It will also save time in comparison with the existing routes via Zojila pass from Srinagar and other route from Manali to Leh via Sarchu.
National Research Development Corporation (NRDC), CSIR-NAL collaborate to development of aerospace technologies.
- State-owned NRDC & CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratory has collaborated to set up innovation cum incubation centre with external private funding to promote startups involved in the development of aerospace technologies.
|National Aerospace Laboratories||Aircraft manufacturer|
|Director||Jitendra J Jadhav|
|Founded||June 1, 1959|
|Operating agency||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research|
|Field of research||Aerospace|
National Commission on Population has submits India’s Population to be more feminine in 2036
- The National Commission on Population submitted its report on population projections for the period of 2011-36. The commission was set up by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. The report says that the sex ratio of the country is to increase from 943 (2011) to 957 (2036). Sex Ratio is number of females per 1000 males.
- According to the report, the population of India is to reach 1.52 billion by 2036 with reference to 2011. India’s population is expected to grow by 25% in 2036 as compared to 2011.
Ministry of Skill Development and Ministry of Shipping signed, ink deal to boost skills in port and maritime sector
- Ministry of Skill Development and Ministry of Shipping signed a MoU for skilling, re-skilling and up-skilling workforce in port and maritime industry and also to develop coastal community.
- This is to underpin commitment of Coastal Community under Sagar Mala programme.
|Ministry of Shipping Departments||Directorate General of Shipping|
|Minister responsible||Mansukh L. Mandaviya, Minister of State (Independent Charge)|
Indore award as cleanest city in Swachh Survekshan 2020 awards
- For the 4th consecutive year, Indore in Madhya Pradesh topped as the cleanest city in Swachh Survekshan 2020 awards. The awards were presented by Union Urban Development Minister during a virtual event.
India: World’s largest number of organic farmers
- India has the highest number of organic farmers and the holds ninth position in terms of area under organic farming. Sikkim became the first state to go fully organic and several other states like Tripura & Uttarakhand have similar targets.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
India has attend the Fifth World Conference of Speakers of Parliament
- The Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla attended the 5th World Conference of Speakers of Parliament. The conference was organized by Parliament of Austria & Inter-Parliamentary Union, Geneva with the support of United Nations.
Sixth-round table conference between India & AINTT (ASEAN-India Network of Think Tanks)
- The External Affairs Minister S Jai Shankar attended ASEAN-India Network of Think Tanks (AINTT). It was the sixth-round table conference between India and AINTT.
- The External Affairs Minister emphasised on the following during the conference
i. The concerns of the global supply chains should be mitigated with diversification and resilience
ii. A Model of Cooperation shall be enforced to boost the supply chain between India and ASEAN countries
iii. India intends to expand Indo-Pacific initiative.
|External Affairs Minister of India||Shri S Jai Shankar|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
IT & IT Service companies step up reskilling of employees as they prepare for post-pandemic scenario
- IT and IT services companies in India have stepped up reskilling of employees as they race to grab business in the post-pandemic environment where clients are demanding new digital expertise.
- Companies such as Infosys, Wipro NSE, Accenture, Zensar Technologies NSE, among others, have embarked on a massive upskilling drive to make sure their workforce in India is ready for the next-level jobs.