Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
|Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE|
Download Free Weekly Current Affairs (July 19 to July 25). pdf
Download Free Weekly Current Affairs (AUG 09 to AUG 15). pdf
NATIONAL SPONGE CAKE DAY – On this day, enjoy National Sponge Cake Day with the quintessential classic of the cake world. This airy queen of teas is the guest of honor, but we get the pleasure of tasting! Another balancing trick for bakers includes maintaining a fine crumb while keeping the cake moist. If you enjoy layering berries & whipped cream, the sponge handles this task beautifully.
- BJP: Kashmir politicians day-dreaming, restoration of Articles 370 next to impossible
- Bloomsbury India says it won’t publish book on Delhi riots after an outrage
- The essence of Bhagavad Gita: Understanding the significance of sattva-guna, rajo-guna and tamo-guna
- Congress stands for full statehood of J&K, constitutional safeguards for residents land & jobs
- Jitendra Singh: States, UTs can use NRA’s CET scores for selecting candidates for government jobs
- Joe Biden & Kamala Harris greet Hindus on Ganesh Chaturthi
- UN atomic watchdog chief heading to Iran; seeks more access
- DoT opposes RCom resolution plan, says RP hasn’t sought nod for spectrum assets sale
- IT Department to map digital behaviour of taxpayers to create profiles
- Covid-19 has led to an increase in demand for immunity-boosting Ayurveda products
- Power Ministry asks plants to charge late fee at less than 12% per annum
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INDIA
Employee State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) extends Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana till JUNE 2021
- ESIC extended the unemployment benefit scheme Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana till June 2021.
- The Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana is being implemented by Employee State Insurance Corporation. The scheme was approved under the Employees State Insurance Act, 1948. The scheme aims to support the people who have lost their jobs due to changing employment pattern due to an international crisis or a domestic crisis. Currently, the change in employment pattern is due to COVID-19.
|Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) Headquarters location||New Delhi|
|Founded||February 24, 1952|
|Type of business||Government-Owned|
GoI: Hallmarking of precious metals mandatory from June 1, 2021
- The Central govt has set a deadline for mandatory compliance with hallmarking of precious metals at 1st June next year. This was announced by Consumer Affairs Minister while launching the online system of Registration and Renewal of Jewellers in New Delhi.
|Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Founded||Sep 2, 1946|
|Officeholders||Ram Vilas Paswan (Minister), C. R. Chaudhary (Minister of State)|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Myanmar Govt and Ten Armed Groups signed Ceasefire Implementation
- Myanmar Government and ten armed ethnic groups in the country signed National Ceasefire Agreement at the Union Peace Conference.
- The peace accord signed between the armed groups and Myanmar govt is called the Union Peace Accord. It contains 15 provisions to implement the National Ceasefire Agreement. It includes troop deployment and protocol to deal with skirmishes between government troops.
|Myanmar (Burma)||Country in Asia|
|Official script||Burmese script|
Turkey: President Recep Tayyip Erdogan announce discovers Natural Gas reserves in Black Sea
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced the discovery of large natural gas reserves in the Black Sea coast. According to the announcement made by the President, 320 billion cubic metres of natural gas has been discovered.
|Turkey||Country in the Middle East|
|President||Recep Tayyip Erdoğan|
Antarctic region: Rare snowfall in Australia’s east coast
- Polar winds from the Antarctic region have lowered the temperature in Australia’s east coast, triggering snowfalls in the region.
- The ‘Antarctic bloc’, which is said to have caused this sudden snowfall, is a strong and powerful weather system that has brought icy winds, thunder and hail in the region’s elevated areas
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENSE
French, British, German troops announce that to remain in Mali despite military coup
- The foreign ministers of France, UK and Germany have announced that their troops will stay assigned to UN and French-led missions in Mali, despite the recent military coup. Europe is currently engaged in the UN’s MINUSMA mission and France’s Operation Barkane since 2012-2013
|French President||Emmanuel Macron|
|Currencies||Euro, CFP franc|
Pakistan to use China-made BeiDou for military, civilian purpose
- China’s BeiDou navigation system is to be adopted by Pakistan for both military and civilian purpose, ending the country’s dependence on US-based GPS. This is part of Pakistan and China’s defence and strategic cooperation.
|Pakistan||A country in South Asia|
|Prime minister||Imran Khan|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: ECONOMY
Power Ministry announced Power Sector: Trancos & Gencos to charge 12 percent cap on Late Payment Surcharge
- The Power Ministry announced, the Generating Companies & the Transmission Companies have been advised to charge Late Payment Surcharge at a rate not exceeding 12% per annum.
- The interest rates in India have been softened over the last few years. However, the rate of late payment surcharges are still quite high. The rate has ranged up to 18% per annum. This has adversely impacted Discoms during the COVID-19 times. Thus, it has now been reduced to 12% ease out financial stresses on Gencos and Trancos.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: TECHNOLOGY
NHAI launched Mobile Application to monitor plantation “Harit Path”
- On August 21, 2020, the National Highway Authority of India launched the mobile application called “Harit Path”. The application has started creating user IDs for experts. So far 7,800 plants have been geo-tagged using the application.
- The application developed will monitor growth, location, species details and will maintain targets, achievements made by individual plantation projects. The application has been launched on Big Data Analytics platform -Data Lake.