Welcome to Today’s Current Affairs. This current affair news is useful for Govt jobs Interviews, TNPSC, IAS, UPSC, SSC, Railway, Banking exams IBPS, PO, SO, Clerk, and other all competitive exams for the entire part of the general awareness or general knowledge (GK) section. These daily current affairs 2020 resources provide facts about events of International, National, Political, Social, Banking, Business, Sports, and Entertainment related current affairs.
Latest Govt Jobs CLICK HERE
NATIONAL CREATIVITY DAY – If you are an artist, writer, musician, filmmaker, blogger, photographer, graphic artist, or any of 100 other creative personalities, the world is going to celebrate you and your creative pursuit.
NATIONAL WATER A FLOWER DAY – On this day, National Water A Flower Day recognizes the season of caring for our garden plants. This time, our flower gardens should be in full bloom. Keeping them hydrated sometimes seems like a fulltime job. It’s often a therapeutic business, caring for a living thing.
Top One Line Current Affairs Headlines
- National Geographic channel and Drinking Water & Sanitation Ministry release film titled ‘Swachh Bharat: India’s Sanitary Revolution’ on YouTube.
- Free online career skills training for registered job-seekers launched on National Career Service portal by Labour Ministry in partnership with TCS ion
- Indian Navy lays foundation stone for missile park ‘Agneeprastha’ at INS Kalinga.
- Noted astrologer Bejan Daruwalla dies in Ahmedabad at 89; known for his website Ganeshaspeaks.
- COVID 19 recovery rate improves to 47.40 per cent
- PM writes a letter to countrymen to mark 1st anniversary of his 2nd term; Reiterates country’s resolve to combat COVID-19 pandemic
- M. P. Veerendra Kumar, Rajya Sabha member from Kerala and MD of Mathrubhumi newspaper group, dies in Kozhikode aged 84
- China bans pork imports from India citing African swine fever (ASF) threat.
- India’s fiscal deficit was 4.6% of the GDP in 2019-20.
- India’s economy grew at an 11-year low of 4.2% in 2019-20.
- Capgemini COO Thierry Delaporte appointed new CEO and MD of Wipro
- G7 countries including the US launch the ‘Global Partnership on AI’ for setting ethical guidelines for the use of artificial intelligence.
Current Affairs: INDIA
Indian Army Officer Major Suman Gawani received UN Award
- Major Suman Gawani, an Indian Army officer is awarded the prestigious “United Nations Military Gender Advocate of the Year Award” on 29 May 2020. She served as a women peacekeeper with the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) in 2019.
- She will receive the award from the UN Secretary-General Mr. Antonio Guterres during an online ceremony being organized at the UN Headquarters, New York on the occasion of International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers.
- Major Suman will receive the UN award along with a Brazilian Naval Officer Commander Carla Monteiro de Castro Araujo.
|Secretary-General of the United Nations||
António Manuel de Oliveira Guterres(Portugal)
Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations
Amina Jane Mohammed ( Nigeria)
President of the General Assembly
Tijjani Muhammad-Bande ( Nigeria)
|United Nations Offices||Heidi Mendoza ( Philippines)|
Centre undertakes Hackathon for computational COVID-19 drug discovery
- GoI stated that in order to succeed against the COVID-19 pandemic, a large number of parallel efforts are being taken. The move is being done globally and nationally. Indian start-ups are working on COVID-19 vaccine candidates in the very strong Indian vaccine industry.
- The information was passed by Dr Vinod Paul, Member NITI Aayog, and Prof. K. Vijay Raghavan, Principal Scientific Adviser to the GoI.
23 additional Minor Forest Produce included in the Minimum Support Price List
On May 29, 2020, the Ministry of Tribal Affairs announced that 23 additional Minor Forest Produce of Minimum Support Price has been included.
Highlights – Also, the minimum support price for the existing forest produce was reduced for 50 items. The increase in Minor Forest Produce is from 16 per cent to 66 per cent. In certain cases such as Giloe, the increase is in the range of 190 per cent.
|Ministry of Tribal Affairs Officeholder||Jasvantsinh Sumanbhai Bhabhor (Minister of State)|
|6,000 Crs INR (2018-19 est., US$870 million)|
Army Commanders’ Conference held in New Delhi
On May 29, 2020, Army Commanders Conference was held in New Delhi. The event was held in two phases.
Highlights – The Conference was chaired by the Defence Minister Rajnath Singh. The existing and developing security challenges were discussed at the conference. The conference also discussed human resource management issues and the merger of training establishments. Also, the Army Welfare Education Society and the Army Welfare Housing Organization were organized during the event.
|Defence Minister||Rajnath Singh|
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
Current Affairs: International
US joins G7 partnership on Artificial Intelligence
The Leaders of Group of the seven wealthiest countries in the world had set up Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence.
Highlights – The United States was not a part of the partnership initially. However, the US is now joining the group to counter Chinese dominance in shaping international standards on surveillance and facial recognition at the United Nations. The initiative to launch a global group on Artificial Intelligence was initiated by France and Canada.
|G7 Countries||Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States.|
IMF approves 732 million emergency assistance to Bangladesh for COVID-19
- The IMF Executive Board on Friday approved an emergency financial assistance worth dollar 732 million for Bangladesh to address the COVID-19 pandemic in the country.
- The IMF in a press release said that the assistance has been approved for Bangladesh to meet its urgent Balance of payment and fiscal needs as Corona pandemic has led to a sharp decline in its exports and income from remittances.
- The assistance is provided under the Rapid Credit Facility and Rapid Financing Instrument provisions of the IMF. The money will help Bangladesh to meet its health, social protection, and macro-stabilization measures.
|IMF Headquarters location||Washington, D.C., United States|